[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's /mu/'s opinion on this man. Solo material only pls
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6
File: johnfrusciante.jpg (136 KB, 436x561) Image search: [Google]
johnfrusciante.jpg
136 KB, 436x561
>>
File: download.jpg (2 KB, 115x116) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
2 KB, 115x116
Dis gud
>>
Had it all. Threw it all away for chicks and cash.
>>
>>63635464
I really enjoyed Niandre and Smile from the Streets You Hold, but I haven't checked out anything else of his.

Where do I start?
>>
>>63635464

he was good for 1-2 chili pepper albums

too bad navaro made the best album with the chili peppers
>>
He was good on some chili peppers albums, niandre was good. Now he just makes "fuck it I'm bored I'll dick around and call it an album" music. The spotlight is still on him a bit from his rhcp fan base so people still listen, and some dumbasses still think his shit is good because they're holding on to the past, but really his big career is over and I think he's OK with it. He even hated being in rhcp for a while so maybe he's making shit albums to make those left over fans stop listening before he goes in a new direction aimed at completely different people.
>>
Froosh is a god
>>
>>63635786

shadows collide with people is awesome

emperyean has some good soul
>>
>>63635677
Curtains is a good record and the will to death
>>
>>63635464
Smile From the Streets You Hold and PBX Funicular Intaglio Zone were great. I didn't really care for his other stuff
>>
Hes a fucking great guitar player every time I listen to his solo shit I want to go buy a guitar and honestly his guitar work is where his talent ends. His early solo shit is awesome but when he decided to go full edm (drum machines are fine) he loses me cause its just not as interesting as his guitar work it really sounds like what a amateur artist would make.
>>
>>63635464

All works before his not-guitar-experiments are GOAT.

>Solo material only pls
You can also consider Stadium Arcadium (or any other RHCP stuff) as his solo work.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pgxfo-cVu0g
>>
spent an entire month snorting subutex & listening to niandre. good month. good album.
>>
File: theempyrean.jpg (724 KB, 1456x1456) Image search: [Google]
theempyrean.jpg
724 KB, 1456x1456
>>63635677
you gotta check out the empyrean too, its insane
>>
File: fru.jpg (48 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
fru.jpg
48 KB, 1440x900
>>63635464
every record up to enclosure has a great feeling to it, and in his talent seemed endless. 2004 was a great year for fru, all those solo records plus ataxia and the mars volta work. amazing dude. the empyrean is the greatest record of all time too
>>
>>63635464
I guess my opinion is a bit too based, but this man is entirely responsible for me being where I am. He was my idol from age 13-16. Got me interested in drugs, music (he got me into non-mainstream rock and then to electronic music, krautrock, punk), art, poetry. I listened to his work all the time, every day. He was a great figure to idolize and I've also been able to let go of all the stupid worship and I view him just as a normal person. I guess I could say I grew up with him in a way.
>>
>>63639267
but yeah, I'm a really big fan of his music. But that feeling that I'm listening to the greatest work of music is gone, which is a shame, because I never felt it again.
>>
>>63635464
Some better be forgotten
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZdbqeXrmDA
>>
>>63639561
still beter than
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiSwGbv4QUg
>>
>>63639561
this sounds good
>>
>>63635525
Favorite album
>>
Meme guitarist. He did some alright stuff with the Peppers. His solo work is unlistenable garbage. People only pretend to like his albums to seem cool and edgy.
>>
File: 1459190732370.png (19 KB, 500x323) Image search: [Google]
1459190732370.png
19 KB, 500x323
>>63640645
>>
>>63639561
In his defense he was super depressed and horribly addicted to crack and heroin. He was out of his mind for a little bit.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.