[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there any "normal" musicians that have made an album
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3
Is there any "normal" musicians that have made an album in their careers that's either borderline or fully outsider music?

Pic sort of related.
>>
>Brian Wilson
>normal
>>
File: the-beach-boys-smiley-smile.jpg (698 KB, 1300x1300) Image search: [Google]
the-beach-boys-smiley-smile.jpg
698 KB, 1300x1300
>>63632985
Let me rephrase that:

Musicians who made relatively normal music for normal people*
>>
bamp
>>
pls
>>
>>63633140
scott walker, went from 60s pop music to avant-garde
>>
I have a feeling Miley Cyrus is going to do it soon.
>>
>>63633312
That's a good prediction.
>>
bamp
>>
Scott Walker, Tim Buckley, David Bowie, John Frusciante, Julian Casablancas, Anna Murphy, the list could go on...
>>
>>63633279
>>63633694
May it go on anon and thank you
>>
>>63633694
>David Bowie, John Frusciante, Julian Casablancas, Anna Murphy

None of these have made borderline or fully outside music, please inform yourself on what the term means
>>
Lou Reed Metal Machine Music and Lulu
>>
>>63633312
that's a bad prediction
>>
>>63633312

That's an average prediction
>>
>>63633312
That's a prediction
>>
>>63632970
john fruhshsishhaihtenete
>>
>>63632970
mike looks like shit in this photo
>>
>>63633312
that is not a prediction
>>
>>63633312
That's a diction
>>
>>63633312
That's a promise.
>>
>>63633312
That's a lie.
>>
File: image.png (74 KB, 250x186) Image search: [Google]
image.png
74 KB, 250x186
>>63634020
That's a paddlin'
>>
>>63633750
Niandra LaDes and Usually Just a T-Shirt by John Frusciante gets pretty outsider in a few places.
>>
bumpitty after all the memeing
>>
Roky Erickson (started out in the proto punk/garage rock/psychedelic group The 13th Floor Elevators, then went schizophrenic), Syd Barrett
>>
William Shatner
>>
>>63633312
That's a truth
>>
>>63632970
Thats not Mike, thats Gypsy Boots.
>>
You could say David Byrne has. Between the work he did with Brian Eno for "My Life In The Bush Of Ghosts" and some of his solo work, he's reached pretty far out musically.
>>
>>63634044
dont forget smile from the streets you hold.
>>
Maybe not "outsider" but Astral Weeks is sort of an anomaly in Van Morrison's catalog.
>>
John Frusciante
George Harrison
Deadmau5 (?)
>>
Phil Collins
Compare "Waiting Room" and "Easy Lover"
>>
as memey as it may sound, death grips to some degree. I'm not sure if stuff like exmilitary and tms really fall into the outsider description, but gp and notm certainly do to at least a mild degree
>>
>>63634038
Underrated post
>>
>>63632970
That's not Mike in the pic it's eden ahbez
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.