[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the worst concert you've ever been to /mu/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: Concert.jpg (427 KB, 1758x874) Image search: [Google]
Concert.jpg
427 KB, 1758x874
What's the worst concert you've ever been to /mu/? Share your stories
>>
wreck and reference when they opened for deafheaven but it was actually so bad it was good
>>
I got struck in eye by a flying broken bottle in Nick Cave concert so I'm blind on my left eye.
>>
File: FU8004_PIRATE_EYEPATCH_KIT.jpg (70 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
FU8004_PIRATE_EYEPATCH_KIT.jpg
70 KB, 500x500
>>63631357
Nick wants you to find some treasure in his cave
>>
>>63631357
Punished Anon, a fallen fan
>>
Wavves by faaaaaaaaaaar
>>
Wu tang clan in Sydney last month
Completely lacked energy, at times barely even rapped and were just letting the crowd sing
The opening acts were solid tho
>>
mos def in london, fuck that guy

paid 33 quid too
>>
Dead Prez. Went with friends that were into them and it was a full house. All white people and literally a single black guy in the crowd with floor length dreads and the largest backpack ive ever seen in my life. i remember thinking oh that must be where the word backpacker comes from. this type of guy with a huge backpack full of... what merch, cds what? Or maybe the word comes from this single specific guy. So Dead Prez comes on and theyre okay but it felt kinda weird to hear all this black empowerment pan africa stuff to an exclusively white crowd. i was like am i corny right now? then they started doing songs from their newest album, which was a concept album about how black people need to be more conscious of their diet. so hes rapping "eat your fruits young nigga, eat your fruits eat your fruits" while all these nerds nod their heads and i had had enough and gtfo the bar
>>
Grizzly Bear. Booooring as fuck, 4 guys standing there singing and sounding EXACTLY like the album. Not a single note outside of what was committed to the LP
>>
Jib Kidder last year. The most awkward performance I've ever seen. Music was shit. Some guy in the audience asked them if they had any idea what they were doing and that was the end. The singer began to loose his temper and keep asking the guy in the audience to come on stage and play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gW7y2Vu_3hU
>>
Jars of Clay.

I know that early 90's Christian folk rock isn't really /mu/'s big thing, but I dug their albums back in the day, so probably about 10 years ago when a friend offered me some tickets to a concert, I went.

I still think their first two albums were good, but that was, by a wide margin, the worst concert I've ever been to.
>>
>>63631251
Muse was pretty disappointing.
>>
>>63631640
interesting, i saw them support panda bear and they were pretty good
>>
Saint victus
Master of reality
They were basically insulting the audience
>>
>>63631866
How can a band be disappointing live if all their studio work is shit in the first place?
>>
Of Monsters and Men

Dropped £60 on tickets for me and my gf for her birthday. They played competently but their music was so awful and the crowd was full of twats. Then that girl dumped me four days later. Fuck Of Monsters and Men.
>>
>>63631559
lol
>>
>>63631559
Reminds me of when I saw Freddie Gibbs at The Deaf Institute in Manchester. The Deaf Institute is probably the tweest venue I've ever been to, imagine if Belle and Sebastian decorated a Portlandia set.

So it was hilarious seeing this gangsta rapper perform in front of nothing but white people and wallpaper with birds on it.
>>
>>63631866
They're doing too much concerts
>>
>>63631866
Came here to post this. Saw them at a festival last summer and I don't like their music in the first place, especially not their new album, so my expectations were already quite low. Apart from the big budget show, it was shit. Shitty atmo, zero interaction with the crowd, the crowd was pretty much just 40 year old mothers clapping along the music. They're coming to another festival I'm going to this summer again. Pisses me off, you could get a lot of great live bands instead of wasting your budget on something as huge as Muse.
>>
>>63631584
Did you really expect any more?
>>63631920
Kek
>>
>>63631941
Assuming this was in London, due to £. Thought they were OK, but I sort of got free tickets for it, definitely not worth £60
>>
When I was a shitty pissbaby I went to a skrillex "concert"
It was Watch The Rich Guy Pretend To Press Buttons for four hours
The music was even worse than I expected somehow and it was fucking skrillex
>>
>>63632404
I saw skrillex twice already, once because I got tickets and once at a festival. Both times it was pretty good. I don't particularly enjoy his music, but the whole crowd was moving and it was great fun.
>>
Interpol about 8 or 9 years ago, absolutely no energy or audience interaction whatsoever. They might as well have been performing behind a brick wall.

Blonde Redhead opened for them though, and they were excellent. qt japanese girl panty shots aplenty.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.