[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people treat this album like it's David Bowie(1967),
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 61znZQzQ6jL.jpg (85 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
61znZQzQ6jL.jpg
85 KB, 500x500
Why do people treat this album like it's David Bowie(1967), this has some duds but its mostly top notch songs.
>>
haters gon hate amirite?
>>
>>63624373
David bowie was better imho
>>
I don't listen to Bowie much but I really liked Unwashed and Somewhat Slightly Dazed
>>
>memewie

he's been dead for ages you don't have to pretend to care anymore
>>
If you haven't heard Bowie's song "Blackstar," you need to listen to it
>>
Because people like to pretend his discography ranges from 1971 through 1974

The s/t debut was very campy, but the Toy re-recordings of the tracks are top-notch and fit very well for the era they were recorded, during the Heathen years

Space Oddity's definitely underrated, some great tracks in there with great orchestration, but some tend to drag on a bit too long (Cygnet Committee); the versions on Bowie at the Beeb are excellent

People tend to ignore Man Who Sold The World too, which is arguably one of Bowie's best albums
>>
>>63624506
BLAAAAAME IT ON THE BLAAAAAAACK STAAAARRRR
>>
>>63624506
>>63625266
aw nuts did I miss a new meme?
>>
>>63624696
>People tend to ignore Man Who Sold The World too, which is arguably one of Bowie's best albums

Width of a Circle is maybe the best straight "rock" song he ever did.
>>
>>63624696
>>63625453
desu I thought The Man Who Sold the World had some good parts but it was all over the place so I don't really enjoy it all that much. I think The above album is more centered and sensical.
>>
>>63625266

that's the best song on The Bends

fun little insider factoid
>>
>>63624696
nah the cygnet committee is the best song with maybe the exception of Space Oddity
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.