[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I into Bob Dylan?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 8.jpg (118 KB, 550x636) Image search: [Google]
8.jpg
118 KB, 550x636
Okay, Dylan is one of my pending subjects, but his dischography overwhelms me...

I love ''Don't think twice, is alright'', where should I start with the same vibes?
>>
Start with self portrait, his best album. Move on to Infidel and Desire.
>>
chronologically ya little bitch!
>>
>>63619954

don't bother with bob dylan. get into tom waits if not done so yet.
>>
Hello darkness myold
>>
Listen to the Freewheelin and go down to Nashville Skyline in chronological order.
>>63619972
dis is bait but all of those albums are good
>>
Level 1: Highway 61 revisited-Freewheelin-blood on the tracks
2: Blonde on Blonde-Bringing it all back home-Another side of bob Dylan
3: Desire-Times they are a changing-Time out of mind
4: Nashville skyline-john wesley harding-basement tapes
5: whatever you want.
>>
Chronologically from Freewheelin' to Nashville Skyline, then Blood on the Tracks to Desire.
>>
>>63620946
And then Time Out of Mind and Love and Theft
>>
>>63620946
Include his debut self titled first and it's basically this. His debut features some barebones songs and traditional covers and that's why it's essential to begin with, it's his roots and shouldn't be overlooked. Also by far the best version of Rising Sun.
>>
Start with The Freewheelin' Bob Dyaln & Highway 61 Revisited

If you prefer Freewheelin', go onto The Times They Are A-Changing and Another Side of Bob Dylan

If you prefer 61, listen to Blonde on Blonde and Bringing It All Back Home

I'd also say Blood on The Tracks is an essential
>>
>>63620946
>>63620974
>>63621072
>browses rateyourmusic once
>>
chronologically ya little bitch!
>>
>>63619972
Are you saying some shit about Desire because you better not be

>>63620946
Yeah, this works
>>
>>63621529
i fucking know right. It's not even like New Morning and Planet Waves have bad ratings, a 3.46 is fucking good. they're just not bolded, still worth at least listening to, especially if you've listened to like fucking 10 albums from the guy, might as well.
>>
>>63621668

I haven't listened to Planet Waves, but I really enjoy New Morning. For me it's easily better than John Wesley Harding
>>
Become gay and a painter. #bobsylan
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.