[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Im /mu/'s opinion, what's the difference between folk
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: freindzone no more.jpg (51 KB, 960x904) Image search: [Google]
freindzone no more.jpg
51 KB, 960x904
Im /mu/'s opinion, what's the difference between folk and country?
>>
Vocals
>>
Folk was a style of music mostly played in rural communities. Country is specific to the American south. Country is a type of folk.
>>
Whether or not the singer has a southern accent.
>>
>>63619662
Oh ok

Mods, close the thread, it's over
>>
Folk is identified by a wide, somewhat varied selection of instrumentation all working together. Country usually has a simpler arrangement, but its defining feature is the southern US accent and the clean acoustic guitar.
>>
Country is a type of folk, or at least it was until it became so heavily commercialized. Toby Keith is not a folk musician.
>>
In country music they pretend to be cowboys. This is overe exaggerrated in everything they do like how in rap they pretend to be gangsters. Folk music is more honest.
>>
>>63619758
Country is now just pop music
>>63619691
You can use this to tell Country pop apart from the normal stuff
>>
folk is a lot of people and country is where all the folks live in
>>
File: internet.jpg (25 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
internet.jpg
25 KB, 400x300
>>63619859
i hate you so much
>>
>>63619830
I guess Hank Williams Sr was country pop then
>>
Country is a subgenre of Folk, it is the Folk music of the American South and West
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.