[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Coldplay
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
Sum up why they suck

go
>>
they sound like a parody of radiohead and radiohead are already a parody of u2
>>
because they're popular
>>
Parachutes was a good album.
Everything else is shit.
>>
>>63615554
They're not that bad

They really really wish they were U2. I think that's why people dislike them

I wish I had Bono's money too though
>>
>>63615554
Generic.
>>
They had a lot of potential to make tasteful popular music, but chose to dig deeper and deeper into the top-20 garbage and got Rihanna and Avicci to be on their songs instead of working with Eno.
>>
>>63615554
Sleepybye music
>>
>>63615577
they sound nothing like radiohead

>>63615617
>>63615649
>>63615665
viva la vida is easily one of the top 10 albums of the 2000s
>>
>>63615879
fuck off
>>
>>63615879
Okay, I'll bite: explain why that record is so great
>>
They have a repertoire of about 4 song templates that they've been reusing since the beginning of their career. They're inoffensive, but repetitive and boring.
>>
>>63615879
Coldplay's first 3 albums are just Fake Plastic Trees + No Surprises + Let Down + High & Dry put in a big early 2000s stew
>>
Parachutes and AROBTTH are GOAT
X&Y is pretty good
Viva la Vida and MX are nothing memorable but good albums nonetheless
Ghost Stories is dull and boring
AHFOD is utter shit
>>
>>63615879
rush of blood is good too
x and y isnt terrible but its pretty boring
mylo xyloto was shit and the next ones are even worse
>>
Coldplay sucks now because they sold their souls to get more money rather than develop a sound that was very very solid up until MX.

A Rush Of Blood To The Head, Parachutes, Viva La Vida and even X&Y (which is criminally underrated) are all great albums in the pop-rock and post-britpop areas and even contain some songs you would never expect for a band such as Coldplay to put out.

Coldplay also had some amazing b-sides that could have been better on the actual album.

The band has talent, Chris Martin is just a fucking idiot who needs to jump off the popular train and make some interesting music again.
>>
>>63616776
coldplay never made any interesting music ever

>even contain some songs you would never expect for a band such as Coldplay to put out.
what? a fucking awful shoegaze song? god you are retarded

drop trip for the last time
>>
Coldplay's first five albums, while not exactly the pinnacle of art, are all really enjoyable.
>>
They stole from Joe Satriani
>>
There's latrines in portugal, actually better at crafting music than coldplay.
>>
>>63615554
Coldplay is music for men who cry when they masturbate
>>
Bro the smashing pumpkins are bad ass
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.