[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it autistic to go to a concert alone?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 6
File: 1451816011098.jpg (13 KB, 246x232) Image search: [Google]
1451816011098.jpg
13 KB, 246x232
Is it autistic to go to a concert alone?
>>
i usually sneak in some food to keep me company
>>
depends: are you going to talk to anyone you don't know once youre there?
>>
no
its autistic to not go and enjoy yourself because you care what people think of you though
>>
File: image.jpg (79 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
79 KB, 700x700
>mfw literally every music venue I frequent in my city has implemented a no singles policy

Music for this feel?
>>
>>63611532
whats the point in even implementing a no singles policy?
>>
>>63611532
what kind of hitler state are you living in
>>
you know what they say once the lights are off no one knows your alone hahah uhhh
>>
>>63611553
the hitler state of failed /tv/ memes
>>
>>63611532
wut

>>63611511
this
>>
>not sneaking in with no ticket
>not going with a friend
autism at it's finest
>>
>>63611532
Wtf that is retarded

>>63611484
>this thread again
No

Most people who have obscure tastes are the only ones of their friends that do anyway

I saw Neutral Milk Hotel live alone, and I talked to people and had lots of fun
>>
>>63611532
What's the point of that tho
>>63611484
My friend met a guy when she went to a concert alone and he was a "patrician" qt and he took her virgintiy so no.....but really it's about seeing the act live, and enjoying the music. Go for it. Sometimes I wish I could do that.
>>
>>63611484
It can be fun if you don't have any friends who like the act as long as you can actually talk to new people and make friends and not be an antisocial autismo
>>
>>63611532
Dude just tell them you have friends waiting for you. No Singles policy is easy to pass by. Just be cool.
>>
>>63611532
Why is everybody falling for this b8? This is literally a /tv/-tier meme.
>>
When I go to concerts I try to imagine that I'm the only one there and just focus on the music. I'm legitimately autistic though.
>>
>>63611659
lol pathetic
>>
>>63611659
I'm not autistic and I do the same thing. I totally forget my friends tbqhwy
>>
No, alone concerts can in some situations be way more interesting than going with friends/dates. Just enjoy the music, dance, do whatever you want, talk with anyone you like, etc.
>>
no op

>>63611532
>/mu/ encounters old /tv/ memes for the first time
>>
If it's a general admission standing room show, no, just go. It doesn't matter.

If it's a seated venue with assigned seating, don't. Not only is it awkward for you, but also the people around you.
>>
I've only been to concerts with my mom.
>>
>>63611724
>>63611656
I've never been on /tv/ :^)
>>
>>63611671
What way?
>>
>>63611753
same
>>
standing concerts are for degenerates
>>
>be me @ some shite indie band show
>drunk lanky hipster goofing around
>starts bullying poor manlet who can't see shit
>decide to play hero of justice and find his friend to send that motherfucker to bed
>they apologize for bringing that retard and offer me some weed
>of course i deny it cause i'm not a degenerate

It can be pretty shit but no one thinks it bad.
>>
>>63611484
No
>>
You have your autist right there
>>63611864
>>
>>63611931
Go mosh you degenerate

>hahah le epic mosh bruhhh \m/
>>
>>63611864
This. You have the fucking morons who mosh or get in your way. Sitting the fuck down and enjoying the music is what I much prefer.
>>
>>63611484
seeing Thugger next month solo, hype as shit
>>
>>63611864
The worst part is if it's even remotely a harder sounding band there's no seats
>>
It's worth doing, you might meet some like minded people. I went to see Death Grips alone in Tokyo, because I didn't know anyone there. Met a cool French guy while smoking outside the venue. We went on to have a really good night out in Shibuya. It was tight.

Tips: Start smoking
>>
>>63612043
you will be dead in 20 years from cancer
>>
It's autistic to not go alone if you don't know anyone who wants to come.
For example I want to see Converge play Jane Doe live but none of my friends are into Converge so I'll just go alone, not going would make me autistic because I really want to see them and it's the first time they play the whole album live.
>>
>>63611982
You're not really into it. Go see the show on youtube
>>
>>63612055
> 20 years
> not 20 minutes
>>
>>63611532
jesus christ how new is /mu/
>>
>>63611548
They want you to come in with your girlfriend so people will come in with the hopes of cucking you and spend money at the bar trying to ply her with drinks.
>>
>>63612327
>>>/tv/
>>
>>63611941
go back toy your shitty classical thread you shitstain
>>
>>63611484
woah, autism alert haha
>>
>>63611484
No, but this thread,
>le autism meme
and the way you faggots fret over it is pathetic
>>
Generally if you wear a shirt of a similar but lesser-known band you can strike up some cool conversations.
Othrwise just pretend to be on your phone until the music starts.

I actually prefer to be alone for bands I'm seriously into. I wouldn't want to see Godspeed or Swans with a friend, I'd rather just be able to close my eyes and get into the music without worrying about other people.
>>
It'll be dark as fuck so who fucking cares.
>>
>>63611484
Not if you're an extrovert. Went to an NMH show in Miami and made friends with some people toking up in the bathroom lmfao
>>
>>63611864
I'll bite the bait

It depends on the concert and the crowd. Nobody's gonna sit down at a dance concert. It's fucking dance music. Even indie rock and metal are ridiculous to be sitting for. Standing concerts are fun when the crowd isn't full of people on their phones. I saw the wombats twice; once it was great because everyone was into the music and engaged. The second time was pointless; the crowd had no emotion, nobody spoke to each other, everyone spent the concert texting and taking video.

That being said, I don't think anyone should be standing for a king crimson or a sufjan concert. That's for degenerates. I once saw Steve Hackett live and someone a row behind me was like "I wish this was a standing concert I wanna mosh to the knife"
>>
I would think it'd be more fun to go alone
>>
Not unless it's a club scene an you can drink
>>
>>63612999
nice trips
sit down concerts are generally opera or orchestra, I believe he was referring to all but the most "high class" of music to be for degenerates
>>
Niggers
>>
>>63611532
>tfw venue had a penis inspection day and ditched

I wasted 30 bucks because of my micropenis
>>
No, but it is autistic to be the guy who sits/stands the entire time (unless it's a classical or traditional music performance). The point of a rock/rap/whatever concert isn't just the music; it's an experience with the crowd.
>>
File: AApdTRP.jpg (11 KB, 407x286) Image search: [Google]
AApdTRP.jpg
11 KB, 407x286
>>63613860
Sucks to be you
>>
friendship is for plebs btw
>>
>>63613860
>penis inspection day
literally what
>>
>>63611484

of course not.
>>
I want to go see Death Grips this year, but the venue has a no singles policy. I can convince my sister to be my gf, but how do I pass the penis inspection at the door?
>>
>>63611484
no, actually it's better that way
>>
File: Snufkin playing.gif (572 KB, 499x374) Image search: [Google]
Snufkin playing.gif
572 KB, 499x374
>>63611484
No, it can be very enjoyable. Nobody cares that you're there alone and you might even meet some cool people.

>>63611532
W-what?

>>63611659
That moment when you catch yourself being absorbed by the music that's all around you. It's great.
>>
>>63612332
But those people also have to come with their girlfriends...
>>
>>63611608
>not be an antisocial autismo
Do you know where you are?
>>
>>63611941
moshing is fun
you are not
>>
>>63611864
What do you mean by standing concerts?
Do you mean venues that are too small to have seats, or do you mean concerts that have seats and everyone stands. Or do you mean like a standium where there's a big pit of people standing in the middle?
>>
No. I've been to concerts alone before. Even when I go with my friends, however, it feels the same because the interlude between bands is always so fucking loud with everyone talking and cramped up that my friends just become another person bumping up close to me.

MInd you, I go to a lot of smaller shows. I don't think it's "autistic" to go to a festival alone, but it'd be extremely stupid. I feel like the people who die at Bonnarroo or other similar festivals are just idiots that go alone and do a bunch of drugs and don't drink water and have no one to help take care of them.
>>
File: lego.gif (27 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
lego.gif
27 KB, 200x200
>>63611532
Same happened to me anon damn nsp
>Go to see Kendrick Lamar at a medium sized venue
>slip by bouncer at entrance as crowd begins chanting "we gone be alright" in hype for the show
>As soon as I'm in I buy a beer too look like I'm not there by myself
>having a good time in the preshow as band is playing before he goes on stage
>thisisgonnabeagoodone.png
>Kendrick comes on and the crowd goes wild and everyone is dancing having a good time
>At this moment I get really hungry and pull out the bucket of crab legs I've been saving for this moment (I'm poor and hate concession food)
>Femanon turns to me as I'm cracking a leg and says "are you here by yourself mister?"
>panic and drop my crab legs as I flee into hide in the crowd
>suddenly all the music stops, kendricks says "holla hold up, It just came to my attention there is someone here violating the nsp"
>spotlight shines on me
>ohshit.jpg
>security kicks me out and doesn't even reimburse my crab legs
I haven't been to a show by myself since.
>>
Huh
>>
There's one kid in our hardcore scene that goes to every show by himself and he has this big wild ass yugioh/liberty spike hair and he goes hard as hell in the pit but then will never speak to anyone, he just leaves right after the show.

Everyone knows who he is and thinks he's a cool guy, a lot of people buy him food and shit and he thanks them for it and leaves. Nobody knows his name but i've seen him at shows for a good 8 years now though
>>
>>63611484
no you insecure retard
>>
>>63615080
Do venues regularly have seats? Every venue i've been to in my city doesn't have any seats. I didn't realize this was a thing, who the fuck sits down at a show?
>>
>>63617703
Sounds like a neat guy.
>>
>>63617852
I mean, I've been to some small venues (like ballrooms) where there are no seats, you just stand. If you see a very big artist (in like a stadium) there's seats, but mostly everyone is standing except for slower songs. If you sit, you wont be able to see the band. There's also the GA area in the middle where people stand.
>>
>>63611484
no, but making this thread is.

also literally why would you need to talk to anyone? ive been to see music on my own without feeling the need to try and talk to anyone and just enjoyed the music then left. it was fun, listening to live music needn't be a social event
Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.