[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
who does /mu/ prefer?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (48 KB, 483x373) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48 KB, 483x373
who does /mu/ prefer?
>>
suicide
>>
Oasis, big time
>>
the united states of america

get your redcoat crap outta here
>>
>>63604296
Neither. Get out Montie
>>
Both are more or less meh, but I have more respect for blur because of the gorillaz
>>
File: 96543.jpg (77 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
96543.jpg
77 KB, 540x540
>>
>>63604311
DUDE BEATLES LMAO XD

they're both absolute shite
>>
>>63604324
this
>>
Nowadays definetly Damon Albarn. He has the longer breath and more artistic power. But god damn listening to Oasis gives me this special feeling. I strongly believe there will never be a band like Oasis again while Damon Albarn is 'just' a very creative person with good output.
>>
Pulp
>>
Oasis. Blur made Song 2 and Girls and Boys.
>>
Oasis by far
>>
>>63604296
Def the woohoo song band
>>
Blur, but they both are pretty bad
>>
a bullet to the brain
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xndZN16-KQ

blur
>>
Its easily Blur, you're a straight up idiot if you think its Oasis
>>
>>63604296
Posted some avp shit right there OP.
>>
Blur couldn't handle the banter and Oasis was just better.
>>
>>63604296
Both of them are good, i think Blur are better tho
>>
Friendly reminder that the "Battle of Britpop" was a thing kickstarted by Blur and their record company for the sake of publicity and hype, not by Oasis.
Blur just ended up getting so badly humiliated by the whole thing that it's now perceived as the Gallaghers and Creation being dickheads and decideding to kick someone who was already down.
>>
>>63604296
Blur wrote good songs

Oasis wrote hits
>>
>>63604296
Pulp
>>
Both are shite
>>
Definitely Blur, I mean I don't really love either but Blur is the only one I would ever go back to, I can't imagine a single scenario in which I would actively want to listen to a fucking Oasis album at this point
>>
Blur
>>
Pulp or Suede
>>
Pulp
>>
>>63605632
the correct answer, both Pulp and Suede are superior

out of Blur and Oasis though, definitely Oasis... my snobby friends looking down on Oasis bc Blur makes """better music""" only make the choice easier - it's Britpop, it should be fun and entertaining in the first place, and I'm a pleb who enjoys drunkedly singing Cigarettes & Alcohol
>>
>>63605081
ye
>>
>>63604296
Blur have think tank and 13, oasis are complete worthless shit
>>
>>63604408
oasis made wonderwall you piece of shit
>>
>>63606425
they also made these though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qTPl5Do8mQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEJWO10K-uA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ycaocta_OCw
>>
When you're hanging out and drinking with your best friends for the first time after you haven't seen them in years, nobody fits that mood better than Oasis.
>>
Pulp > Suede > Blur >>>> Oasis
>>
Pulp. The Divine Comedy.
>>
Blur have a far better discography, but Definitely Maybe is a very special album imo, not sure Blur has an album I care for as much as I do for DM.
>>
Blur
>>
>>63604296
oasis hands down. far superior group to blur. i mean i like blur, but they wernt nearly as consistently good as oasis
>>
>>63604380

dude gorillaz sucks massive shit balls and has sucked shitballs since plastic beach. that album is such a steaming pile of dog shit its not even funny. and the last Blur album was the most worthless garbage ever created ass well. the egotistical fuck fired his own guitarist because he wanted full creative control and then churned out what is agreed by the entire blur fan bas as 'the worst blur album ever made'.

noel gallaghers last solo album shits all over the last 3 gorillaz albums

mind you, im a blur fan and fucking love the gorillas work all before plastic beach
>>
>>63604296
AAALLL THE PEOPLE
>>
>>63604296
they could form a supergroup called Mirage
>>
>>63607148
SHITELIFE
>>
>>63606659
Havent listened to noels album. but will do now.

also DA's album last year was nice aswell.
[spoiler]
btw i liked the fall[/spoiler]
>>
Realistically song 2 is the only really good blur song. I'm sorry. Everything else is unlistenable musical gibberish
>>
Stone Roses
>>
>>63604296
They're both utterly talentless, however Blur is the lesser of the two evils.
>>
Early Oasis is better than Blur. But Gorillaz is better than both.
>>
>>63604296
Blur are more fun and aren't as depressing.
>>
>>63604401
This
>>
>>63606659
The Magic Whip is the only good Blur album, who cares about what autistic fanbases think, faggot
>>
blur easily
>>
>>63604296
Blur hands down. Oasis is shite mate.
>>
>>63604919
This.

I am willing to bet 80 percent of the people in here haven't ever heard anything aside from Woohoo and maybe Lonesome Street because it got shilled here a ton last year. The Magic Whip is actually an outstanding album, as is Think Tank. 13 is alright, has some decent songs. I will say, Blur did have a lot off really bland songs, but when they write a good song it's pretty damn good. For instance:
>Good Song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xndZN16-KQ

>Jets
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCuw18yIRjE

>Gene by Gene
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYxlz70DhcM

>Brothers and Sisters
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kajn3CSOkaU

All fantastic songs. Better than anything Oasis has put out for sure.
>>
>>63609566
Listen to Think Tank. It's far better than The Magic Whip...
>>
Oasis easily. Blur made literally 3 decent songs, Song 2, Boys and Girls and Country house

Oasis:
-Don't look back in anger
-Wonderwall
-Slide away
-Live forever
-Supersonic
-Cigarettes and alcohol
-Half the world away
-Champagne supernova
-Acquiesce
-Cast no shadow
-Masterplan

They even had such good b-sides they released a fucking top quality album comprised of only b-sides
>>
>>63609899
I could list 30 odd quality Oasis tracks, those are only a few
>>
oasis mate
>>
>>63604401
This
>>
>>63609899
Don't Look Back in Anger is a Bowie cover if I remember correctly.

I can name plenty of great Blur songs too

>The entirety of Think Tank
>The entirety of The Magic Whip
>Tender
>Coffee and TV
>Trimm Trabb
Blur is the better band. Oasis wrote hit singles. Blur wrote great albums. Not to mention Damon Albarn is just overall a better song writer in general. He's written musicals, he performs at Mali Music Festival playing similar stylings to their music, he wrote everything the Gorillaz has released, he's definitely better than Noel Gallagher. If you can't see this, you're delusional, either that or really boring.
>>
>>63610421
It's not a bowie cover
>>
>>63604296
Blur after TGE > Oasis = Blur
>>
>>63608013

fucking this
>>
oasis
>>
>>63610421
Just because someone has a greater output doesnt mean he is better.

Noel and Liam have this distinctive style and sound that was copied later but never really topped. I like DA aswell but this is a Beatles/Kinks comparison right there you cant win.
>>
Oasis' first two albums and B-sides alone shit on anything Blur has ever done.
>>
Blur, they actually evolved their sound and made genuinely great music also they're less cuntish than the Gallagher brothers.
>>
Oasis

Damon Albarn shite
>>
File: 145221565997.jpg (117 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
145221565997.jpg
117 KB, 1440x1080
>>63604296
Hello. In the next thread you can put the word "Oasis" and/or "Blur"? so my Filter could work properly.
Thanks.
>>
>>63604307
Alan Vega = God!
>>
>>63607171
holy kek
>>
>>63609899
all those songs except for Live Forever suck
>>
They both suck, but Oasis sucks less.
>>
>>63604307
FRANKIE TEARDROP!
>>
>>63609899
Country House is shit tier Blur.
- You're so Great
- Beetlebum
- Tracy Jacks
- Parklife
- Bank Holiday
- Tender
- Coffee and TV
Oasis are for thirteen year old girls who brag about being indie
>>
File: R-112326-1259189669.jpeg.jpg (6 KB, 300x295) Image search: [Google]
R-112326-1259189669.jpeg.jpg
6 KB, 300x295
>>
Blur
>>
>>63610421
Coffee and TV is by all mean a fucking boring song and the longer Blur go on the more self indulgent it gets. Magic whip was kind of cool but its been a decent while since they've written anything exciting.
>>
>>63606659
>noel gallaghers last solo album shits all over the last 3 gorillaz albums

How dumb do you have to be to think that? It's a really, really shitty album.
>>
>>63611999
doesn't take much to shit all over any gorillaz album, they are the special kind of shit that even U2 cant stink as bad
>>
Only sissybois prefer Blur over Oasis

Oasis is for proper fuckin lads
>>
>>63613040
>U2 cant stink as bad
80s and 90s U2 was solid though
>>
>>63606425
>wonderwall
>bad
>>
>>63613076
Lads suck, protochavs.
>>
Oasis for sure
>>
>>63604296
Blur is so much better.
13 is better than everything Oasis has ever done.
>>
oasis
>>
>>63611357
>Oasis are for thirteen year old girls who brag about being indie
Blur are the ones writing namby-pamby pop songs and have a cutesy boy-band image. Oasis at least knew how to rock hard and loud even if they did go for the watered-down acoustic ballad route on their second album.
>>
>>63604296
without blur no gorillaz, so blur wins
>>
live forever is GOAT song.
>>
NME is trash.
>>
Oasis
>>
>>63604401
This
>>
>>63615043
Gorillaz are shit tho
Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.