[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ok /mu/, my first EP is done and its fucking killer. I just finished
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: mFvaEYK.jpg (229 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
mFvaEYK.jpg
229 KB, 1024x768
Ok /mu/, my first EP is done and its fucking killer. I just finished mixing it yesterday. I havent released it anywhere yet. Where do I go from here? How do i get signed ASAP?
>>
Make a bandcamp because having released music is the only way you're going to attract attention from a label.
>>
>>63600545
Post it on the SoundCloud thread, put it on bandcamp, iTunes, post it everywhere but don't be an annoying cunt about it. If it isn't shit you'll get some buzz.
>>
>>63600565
Ok, what about promo?

I'm basically looking for a guide that starts at having the finished music with zero online presence and ends with me being signed
>>
put it on what.cd in V0
>>
you play shows retard

most of mu has no connections to actual music scenes tho so you'll probably play shitass clubs and bars instead if real diy venues
>>
>>63600545
Are you a spiritual lyrical miracle individual?
>>
>>63600545
Give us a taste, I work for a label and might like it.
>>
>>63600751
you don't have to play shows. I know someone that got a good p4k review and all they do is produce from their room

keep making what you think is the best you can do. keep releasing music. make friends online. that's it. if you're good you'll get noticed
>>
just fucking release it pussy
>>
>>63600872
Whats the best way to make a release as attractive as possible for A&R folks? In terms of catching their attention, holding their attention, and then making them think youre worth signing?
>>
>>63600910
if you're framing the questions like this, just make pop music buddy...
>>
>>63600934
I'm not talking about the content of the music, I'm talking about the actual release of the music itself
>>
>>63600910
Be an attractive female, you don't actually need any talent whatsoever just suck off a few CEOs and bam. You're basically Kesha, Gaga, Katy Perry,
>>
>>63600910
>>63600934
this desu if you want it easy make it easy people want something that sells not only music but all the other shit. if you want to be a special snowflake you better hope you're one hell of a snowflake
>>
>>63600951
ok well for the album cover either take a classical painting and crop it or draw some vague symbolism

make it unclear what your real identity is

include a backstory on how the album "appeared from the ether" and will "swallow your soul"

greyscale fucking everything on your bandcamp page

when showing the album to others, claim you found it in the woods
>>
>>63601055
Ok but seriously though
>>
>>63600910
Give them what they want my dude. Do their work for them. As an A&R rep, a lot of what i end up liking and bringing to labels comes from confidence and the proactivity to have a game plan. Don't take yourself too seriously, but know what you're doing. If you're seriously blind and dumb about where to go once you released an album, you're not ready. If you have questions do your research my man!
>>
I put it on bandcamp, any suggestions to altering it? https://ignitedbreak.bandcamp.com/album/eczema-demos
>>
>>63603725
y'all sound like jimmy eat world or something
not bad would sound really good with pro quality production
>>
>>63603725
wew
nothing is mixed as it should be
>>
>>63603725
>August 14, 2015
>>
>>63603441
How important is it to have an established fan base? How important is it to play live regularly? Or does the music speak for itself?
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.