[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
the 2020s are going to fucking suck. music has no room for innovation.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1
File: 20117114165594734_20.jpg (52 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
20117114165594734_20.jpg
52 KB, 800x450
the 2020s are going to fucking suck. music has no room for innovation. everythings been done.
>>
>>63585889
We need to build more robots to make music. Let the robots have their day.
>>
Technology is moving at an incredible pace, and we haven't even scratched the surface of what we have now.
>>
Go to bed dad
>>
A new complete genre of music? Who knows?
>>
there's a lot of potential that hasn't been explored yet. what we have right now as far as an audience goes is a form of melding of worldwide tastes into a single internet-based commonality. music that was difficult for people who only had their single somewhat narrow tradition/perspective to understand or enjoy is now being met by people that have multiple tastes simultaneously like never before in history

whether this generation will be strong enough to leap over the influence of the past generation toward new syntheses remains to be seen
>>
>>63585889
At least we've got a shit world cup in the middle of the desert to look forward to :)
>>
Oh cool, it has?
Can you show me the polyrhythmic, xenharmonic bagpipe and mandolin orchestra + carillon + distorted drum machine + children's choir + male whistle register/whispering vocals music? Bonus points if there's some valley girl-inflected rapping in Arabic at some point, although not in common time. It would also be cool if there were some timed controlled demolitions thrown in the mix, which would fit with the massive loudness necessary for something like this.
Everything's been done, so you can find something like this for me, right?
Thanks a bunch.
>>
>>63585938
an explosion in technology and its availability doesn't seem to corelate to musical innovation.

its never been easier to make, record and publish music as it is today...... and yet it would be difficult to characterise the present day as a particularily positive time for music, especially when we compare it the mid to late 20th century where technmology was much less developed and less available
>>
>>63586265
Great point
>>
Unfortunately, to make music is unprofitable and makes a pittance nowadays, hence how no one does it anymore outside of some enthusiasts do make it as their semi-hobby.
>>
>>63586265
familia you're talking about someone who can't list more than 50 artists from the last century if they tried
>>
>>63586311
>an explosion in technology and its availability doesn't seem to corelate to musical innovation.
What the heck are you talking about, mate? Synthesizers in the 60's through 80's and software in the 90's through the present changed the available sonic pallete tremendously.
>>
2020s will be the rise of Post-Punkcore and gothstep
>>
>>63586311
>an explosion in technology and its availability doesn't seem to corelate to musical innovation.
Electric instruments were necessary for the musical innovation that happened in the 60s. Get your head out of your pretentious and tightly-clenched anus.
>>
Everything is a bit oversaturated these days. Too many soundclouds full of uninspired shit, clogging the potential for actual artists to be recognised. Too many people making music because they're bored and want a hobby rather than any real passion for it.
>>
>>63586467
>implying Post-Crunkcore and Vaporwave won't take over top 40

pls you pleb
>>
>>63586485
>people aren't making art the way I want to :(((((

Sorry, I forgot you owned music.
>>
>>63586507
FL studio using struggle hip hop producer detected
>>
>>63586618
I've actually never touched FL Studio, but even if I was what you said, what's wrong about that? Can I not create music in whatever way I want to?
>>
>>63586485
There's more good shit because of the oversaturation though, I'd think. If there was some more money in it, we'd be getting more innovation in music made with objects than in pirated DAWs. I don't know what the future of musical artistry as a profession is gonna look like. The public has a narrow taste to begin with. People who are able to live off original music exclusively are few and far between, and labor just limits time to hone the abilities and create the music, and lack of funds limits the instrumentation.
This is still the best time in human history for music though. Don't wanna just sound like a whiner. The present will probably always have the most music available, until the next dark age comes at least.
>>63586634
I think people are less trying to limit freedom of expression and more trying to ridicule taking it for granted by choosing to do uninteresting things and re-tread paths others have taken. When I think someone's music is trash it has nothing to do with whether that person should be allowed to make music.
>>
>>63586779
You're entitled to think it's trash, but the way you were wording it seemed like you want to stop it all together.

It's usually garbage, but nothing can stop them from creating it. Usually it can lead to them learning from it and getting better.
>>
>>63586811
I'm not the same guy who said that (maybe this is why people tend to not actually discuss music on /mu/). He did sound a little bit like that.
>>
>>63585889
Fuck off Sepp
>>
>>63586811
You can spend hundreds of hours mastering you technical skills with a DAW or even an instrument and still make shit music. Because technical skill is only important if you are creative and have vision. And that's what most people lack, and there's no special way of getting it.

If there was some switch I could flick to stop boring people from making boring music, you bet your ass I'd do it. But there isn't, and there never will be, so I''ll just shitpost on /mu/ about it.
>>
>>63586779
http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/code/1560708/daft-punk-on-edm-producers-theyre-missing-the-tools

this daft punk interview is really great on the subject
>>
Vaportrap is the next big thing
>>
>"everything that can be invented has been invented." - Charles H. Duell, 1899
>>
My question is, is there a chance for any new instrument to take the music world by storm? And I mean NEW instrument, not something that's been around for a while that has a surge in popularity.
I mean, Im thinking about it, and it seems like synths and drum machines were the last significant instruments. And seeing as a synth can replicate and manipulate any possible sound, it seems like there's nowhere to go from there
>>
>>63587472
>In my opinion, all previous advances in the various lines of invention will appear totally insignificant when compared with those which the present century will witness. I almost wish that I might live my life over again to see the wonders which are at the threshold.
>>
>>63587493
country instruments haven't been experimented on that much desu, also there's a whole bunch of obscure instruments that people don't touch because maybe they're too expensive
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.