[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fuck you, this is not punk
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
File: shapeofpunktocome_640.jpg (112 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
shapeofpunktocome_640.jpg
112 KB, 640x640
>>
Fuck off and get taste.
>>
>>63577713
Fuck off and get ears, that's not punk
>>
>>63577691
It's hardcore punk I guess, but if it's not punk, what is it? It's a remarkable album. Saw them play in Baltimore several years ago.
>>
yes they are
it literally says it in the alvum title
how thick are you?
>>
that's sort of the point

it would be a disservice to ornette rip quirky jazzman coleman if the record sounded like punk, don't you think
>>
>>63577881
Sound of Jazz to Come was horrible. It's a great thing they didn't take too many cues from Coleman
>>
>>63577791
its not even hardcore though

its barely post hardcore

and its fucking garbage by almost any metric.

refused is to punk what kanye west is to hip hop. basically a watered down shit version for normies.
>>
>>63577691
So?
Why the fuck did you make this thread, fucking attention deficit cock ring?
Jesus Christ /mu/ is such a fucking retard den.
>>
>>63577984
the *shape of jazz to come, friend

but you knew that, obviously
>>
>>63577691
Who cares about genres anymore? Who cares if it's not punk?
>>
>>63577984
They didn't take any cues from Coleman, what are you talking about? The albums are nothing alike... the point was they felt their album was such an outlier in the genre that it was almost a parallel to Coleman's record. It's just a surface level homage in title, nothing more. Jesus.
>>
>>63577984
>shape of jazz is horrible
Lemme guess, you listen to Kenny G too
>>
File: 150px-Maedax.jpg (7 KB, 150x150) Image search: [Google]
150px-Maedax.jpg
7 KB, 150x150
i can never take punkfags seriously

>entire culture is around not giving a fuck, nonconformity
>THIS CERTAIN PIECE OF MUSIC DOESNT CONFORM TO OUR GENRE ENOUGH

K E K

laughable
>>
>>63577994
>refused is to punk what kanye west is to hip hop. basically a watered down shit version for normies.

lol nice bait, bro. Because normies totally love this album. I mean, I can't go to a bar or turn on the radio without hearing Refused.
>>
>>63577994
>watered-down

what

do you even have any fucking clue what you're talking about

you do realize that most "extreme" third wave post-hardcore came AFTER this album right, and this was their inspiration?

holy shit
>>
>>63577994
this guy gets it

that album is just so bad
>>
>>63578425
normies dont' like kanye eihther. he's intentionally cast them to the wind with countless publicity stunts and abrasive, experimental albums. the only place you're gonna hear tlop is on tidal homie, he doesn't even let top 40 influence nor taint his craft any longer.
>>
>>63578183
yap. no wonder punk was so easily conquered and changed by capitalism.
>>
>>63578183
yep, most punks are narrow-minded morons. plenty of great music has resulted from the movement, but much of it is disavowed for not being 'true punk'
>>
>>63578025
Thanks friend.
>>63578118
You might actually be retarded. No fucking shit they didn't take any actual musical cues from Coleman, I was making a joke. Not like autistic people can pick one up when they see it

>>63578159
I guarantee you have absolutely horrible taste in jazz if you like SOJTC
>>
>>63579140
>just joking lol!!

hilarious joke anon
>>
>>63579172
great post. keep working anon one day you'll be able to talk to real people
>>
>>63579240
not even the same poster, so I guess everyone but you has autism, right

this coming from the sperg who thinks making comments which are completely void of humour in a disingenuous way is the same as making jokes

kys faglord
>>
>>63578691
I know it's pleb to say in most circles, but I feel the same way about a lot of metalheads.

IT'S NOY CVLT SO IT'S FOR FAGGOTS
>>
>>63579140
SOJTC is a fucking great record, there's nothing remotely inaccesible about it
>>
SOJTC is Post-Hardcore like At The Drive-Thru.
>>
File: 351.png (1 MB, 600x1176) Image search: [Google]
351.png
1 MB, 600x1176
>>
>>63579352
shape of jazz to come is post-hardcore
filtered
>>
File: 1458453670623.png (484 KB, 626x431) Image search: [Google]
1458453670623.png
484 KB, 626x431
>>63579365
>ERECT SCROTUM EXPANSION PAK
>>
>>63579365
>DISGUSTING OGRE SMASHER

i'd smash shrek if you know what i mean
>>
>>63579310
I said nothing about it being inaccessible, it's just plain bad.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.