[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Time for my yearly listen. >https://www.youtube.com/watc
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 5136EIIwTlL.jpg (52 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
5136EIIwTlL.jpg
52 KB, 500x500
Time for my yearly listen.

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXmCIlGstfY
>>
Alopecia is the anthem to my high school experience.

When Eskimo Snow came out, all of my friends disliked it. I ended up falling into a near endless Elephant Eyelash loop since I was falling in love.

Around the time Mumps, etc. came out, some friends and I planned a trip to see Why? in Jacksonville.

We drove down and listened to the discography (basically).

We discussed how Eskimo Snow actually made sense now that we were older. Less angry, more disappointed maybe.

Mumps had some good shit, but overall I feel like it was a bust. Yoni got too into himself.

He feels fake now, oddly jaded and still trying even though he's lost his spark since he isn't struggling really.

THOUGH, the stuff he made with his ex fairly recently was fucking amazing. But I feel like that was more her voicing her experiences, etc that were left buried for years, with Yoni's technical experiences.
>>
>>63577776
>tfw literally none of my friends are into Why? as much as I am, or at all for that matter.

I get what you're saying about Mumps. What's this new stuff you're talking about though? Link me.
>>
>>63577869

Older than Mumps, I think...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6sgANktcN0

This is the one that fucked me up the most though.

Definitely about her and Yoni's relationship. For years I've been hearing Yoni complain about her. It's weird to hear her side of it.
>>
>>63577869

My best friend in High School introduced me to Why? on a road trip. Good Friday was the song that hooked me.

We'd make all of our friends listen to it as we drove around in my car. Everyone started digging it soon after.
>>
Wow , the lyrics to this song are so vivid

Never heard this before but i have heard cloudead ,great stuff
>>
why reminds me of being an anxious college freshman. funny how time flies.
>>
>>63577979
Fuck, I dig it. A lot. Thanks for showing me this.

>>63578080
This isn't even the best one.

>>63578027
I found out about Why? through a friend showing me cLOUDDEAD. He had never heard of Why? lel
>>
>>63578567
What you favoirte trrack lyrically?
>>
>>63578790
Shit... I dunno. Probably Gemini (Birthday Song). I like Eskimo Snow a lot too but mostly because, to me, the entire song seems as if it's one idea. Like, there's no break in thought or it's all just one sentence. It's probably not supposed to be, but it seems that way to me.
>>
>>63578873
>Gemini (Birthday Song)

is god tier
>>
>>63579027
It really is. He even somehow managed to make jerking off sound poetic.
>>
>>63578567
Np Cutie.
Snakes and Oysters is prob my second fave from that EP.

>>63578790
Just listen to all of Alopecia if Good Friday hooked you.
>>
Fuck, I just remembered something.

>about 3 years ago
>small party at friend's house, maybe about 5 of us
>getting late, we're all pretty drunk at this point
>friend is really into drugs (last time I checked, he's done 64 different ones)
>asks me if I wanna take some research chem I don't remember the name of
>say sure cause I'm drunk
>he takes some too
>30 minutes later, start tripping
>we sit on the kitchen floor, both of us wearing headphones but they're plugged in to the other person's iPod
>I make him listen to The Early Whitney while he makes me listen to some Doors song
>afterwards, sit in chair and listen to Fall Saddles on repeat while crying
>close eyes and have out-of-body experience
>literally watching myself cry from the 3rd person

It was wild.
>>
>>63579286
Fall Saddles always fucked with me because it makes me think of my parent's failing relationship... and realizing that they're people.

Some lyrics in These Hands sort of dothe same thing.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.