[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is so good and I can't find something similar. Tried
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: album_fleet_foxes[1].jpg (145 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
album_fleet_foxes[1].jpg
145 KB, 550x550
This is so good and I can't find something similar. Tried pearls before swine but still not on pair. Recs?
>>
>>63570938
I got a similar vibe from Person Pitch for some reason.
>>
>>63570959
They are completely different in my opnion
>>
>>63570938
There is their second full length LP Helplessness Blues

And their EP Sun Giant
Both are solid

As far as works similar:
Andrew Bird
Iron & Wine
Bon Iver
Father John Misty (He is from Fleetfoxes, has solo albums, they are good)
Grizzly Bear
Tallest Man On Earth
The Shins
Edward Sharpe
The Dodos
Sufjan Stevens
City and Colour (not a favorite of mine but people seem to like it)
The Decemberists
Joanna Newsom
Okkervil River
Israel Darling

hope this helps!
>>
>>63570938
Neutral Milk Hotel and The shins
>>
>>63571039
Andrew Jackson Jihad
Samson the Mason*, not Israel Darling, Israel Darling is a song of his
>>
>>63571032
I agree. I think it was something to do with the very light, breezy melodies, and the warm production that got me to think they were alike. Musically they're totally different don't get me wrong.
>>
>>63571075
Really? AJJ? I love AJJ and Fleet Foxes (From what I've heard) but I don't think they're similar. What album would you recomend
>>
cant believe nobody is recommending father john misty. you'll love him
>>
>>63571039
it's me again

personally, when I fell in love with Fleet Foxes self titled, it wasn't rivaled for a long time as far as that genre was concerned - until I happened upon Break It Yourself by Andrew Bird

It took me more than one listen to understand just how great it was, but it became and still is in my top 5 albums of all time in that genre now right up there with Fleet Foxes self titled

The album is riddled with time changes, key changes, impressive instrumentation, flawless transitions, surprisingly memorable melodies, great lyrics. You'll love it, if you've ever learned an instrument or taken some music theory you will pick up on how impressive it is on first listen.
>>
>>63570938
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCR4_985wq4
>>
Fuck anyone else in this thread who hasn't said Lord Huron

Lonesome Dreams and Strange Trails are probably the closest you can get to Fleet Foxes. More of a Mystical Western feel tho
>>
>>63571199
I did
>>63571039

>>63571172
People Who Can Eat People Are the Luckiest People in the World is his most popular and probably his best, but he is not similar stylistically. He just fits into the same genre of folk/acoustic and is generally a highly recommended artist around here so I threw him in.

If you are trying to find bands that are exact copies of Fleet Foxes all your going to get is Father John Misty. There are no other Fleet Foxes.
>>
>>63571394
Okay, I just thought AJJ was an interesting choice desu
>>
File: poormoon.jpg?1391037495.jpg (859 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
poormoon.jpg?1391037495.jpg
859 KB, 900x900
>>63570938
A couple of the guys from FF got together and made an album and an EP under the band named "Poor Moon"

A lot of the songs are hit and miss, like it almost alternates from unlistenable to absolutely beautiful each song.

I still think it's worth checking out, the song Birds was my favorite for a while during the summer last year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njNisvXkusM
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.