[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sun Ra
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: Sun-Ra_Changed-my-life[1].png (632 KB, 665x400) Image search: [Google]
Sun-Ra_Changed-my-life[1].png
632 KB, 665x400
Where to start in his enormous discography?
>>
Start with the Greeks
>>
File: EEF9jcl[1].gif (2 MB, 425x481) Image search: [Google]
EEF9jcl[1].gif
2 MB, 425x481
>>63563666
Thank you Satan
>>
Elsewhere.
>>
>Atlantis
>Disco 3000
>Space is the place
>heliocentric world of sun ra
>Landquidity
>Nuclear War

the key is to just endure the suffering for like 2 days and then you'll enjoy it.
>>
>>63563613
Chronologically like you would do with anyone else
>>
Atlantis is incredible start there.

UFO is hilarious but realistically kinda crappy, so listen to it last.
>>
>>63563666
we wuz
>>
>>63564737
friends
>>
sleeping beauty & lanquidity are pretty "normal" jazz albums (and also seen as some of his best) so i would start there if you're not into super weird jazz

if you want weirder stuff, check out atlantis, space is the place, and the magic city
>>
>>63563613
From the first album, like you would do with any artist.
>>
The singles collection is a good starting point. It covers his career from the very beginning up into the mid 1970s. And these are songs that never appeared on any of his albums. But you still get a feel for the many incarnations of his Arkestra, and the many styles they incorporated into their music. After you've listened to that, then, and only then can you really be prepared to start your journey into the amazing world of Sun Ra and his Arkestra.
>>
File: 26.jpg (116 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
26.jpg
116 KB, 400x400
>>63563613
No one here mentioned pic related but it's my personal fave. Start with Lanquidity though
>>
>>63563613

Landquidity
>>
>>63564678
>>63565599
The only worse idea I can think of is reverse-chronologically.
>>
Jazz in Silhouette!
>>
>>63568628
great album
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.