[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Holy FUCK, I loved KILS but this is just something else. Kicked
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: perfect624[1].jpg (249 KB, 624x628) Image search: [Google]
perfect624[1].jpg
249 KB, 624x628
Holy FUCK, I loved KILS but this is just something else. Kicked It In The Sun especially blew me away. This could potentially be a 9.5-10/10 for me.

What do you think?
>>
File: doug_martsch_nashville.jpg (17 KB, 210x315) Image search: [Google]
doug_martsch_nashville.jpg
17 KB, 210x315
>>63551827
It's one of my favourite albums. Every track blows me away but if I had to pick a favourite I'd say Made Up Dreams
>>
>>63551857
I think I need to spend more time with it to take note of the individual tracks but yeah, a perfect (excuse the pun) album. How does it stack up to keep it like a secret for you?
>>
File: built to spill.jpg (140 KB, 450x298) Image search: [Google]
built to spill.jpg
140 KB, 450x298
It's probably one of the most universally loved albums on here. It and KILAS swap in and out of my top 5.
>>
>>63551952
Is there other shit worth checkin?
>>
>>63551891
KILS is fantastic but I feel PFNO is the better album. Carry the Zero is definitely my favourite BtS song of all time though.
>>
>>63551980
Yeah, they're a pretty consistent band through and through. Their first album is a little rocky but it has moments of brilliance. The only album of theirs I don't care for is Ancient Melodies Of The Future, but their 2009 album is probably my third favorite of theirs so they're still doing good.
>>
>>63551980
I think the problem is they've just kept the same sound and haven't really experimented much over the course of like 7 or 8 albums so their newer stuff isn't regarded as well as their earlier albums even though they haven't really released anything terrible, aside from the cover art for Untethered Moon. So you can't really go wrong with them but There's Nothing Wrong with Love, Perfect from now on and Keep it Like a Secret are definitely their best.
>>
>>63551827
hipster trash, absolutely disposable
>>
10/10
>>
>>63552050
There Is No Enemy is my 3rd favorite album of theirs too, it took a while to grow on me but I absolutely love it now. The final 5 tracks are a stunning run.
>>
>>63551827
This album.
It was made for me.
>>
File: 1023887_356x237 (1).jpg (17 KB, 356x237) Image search: [Google]
1023887_356x237 (1).jpg
17 KB, 356x237
>>63552256
Yep. First four are pretty weak but Life's A Dream is great and then everything after is as good or better. It's weird to me though that the lyrics on that album are so personal and clever only for the lyrics on Untethered Moon to be so horrible.

>>63551980
Also OP, I just want to mention that you should see them live if you get the chance.
>>
Randy Described Eternity is GOAT
>>
This album is the peek of whatever indie rock is supposed to be.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.