[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
AND OF COURSE YOU DONT MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: cover.jpg (289 KB, 1050x1039) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
289 KB, 1050x1039
AND OF COURSE YOU DONT MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINDDDDDDDDDDDD
>>
6/10
>>
>I SEE YOU FRITTER AWAY
>SLOW AS A POZ LOAD MAKES IT WAY DOWN TO MY GUTS
>>
>>63551414
funny way of typing 11/10, anon
>>
>>63551828
It's just a bunch of distorted, ambient sounds. The songwriting itself is nothing interesting.

Literally the only interesting thing is the production.
>>
>>63551856
lmao pleb, Yerself Is Steam (1991) was a psychedelic extravaganza that spanned three decades and three continents. Emotionally, it ran the gamut from Red Krayola's anarchic freak-outs to contemplative/meditative ecstases in the vein of new-age music. Technically, it blended and alternated pop melody, ambient droning, mind-boggling distortion, oneiric folk, martial tempos, pastoral passages, infernal noise and lyrical lullabies. Far from being merely a nostalgic tribute to an age, Mercury Rev's operation started with the hippie vision of nirvana on the other side of a swirling and chaotic music, but tempered the optimism of that program with an awareness of the human condition, and poisoned it with fits of neurosis and decadent atmospheres. The fantasies of Boces (1993) were even more variegated and imaginative, veritable collages of sonic events. The dense and busy arrangements, that owed more and more to Fridmann's command of keyboards and orchestration, did not interfere with what was fundamentally a much gentler mood, a distant relative of Kevin Ayers' fairy-tales.
>>
>>63551403
>what once was lost will never be found
>keep spinning in circles until you break new ground
>>
REMEMBER THAT YERSELF IS STEAM!
>>
were they really bug chasers though?
>>
Mounds of feeble trouble drop from the skies
I've seen an ailing nothing where the outer space lies
>>
>>63551908
As long as you're forming your own opinions anon :)
>>
>>63551856
nice over simplification fag
kys
>>
who /frittering/ here, lads?
>>
>>63551957
yea
>>
>>63552003
You know it's true. It's just fucking Scaruffi-core.

It's creates a nice, hazy environment I guess.
>>
>>63552025
ayy
>>
>>63552090
nah
most of the tracks have cool songwriting imo, i enjoy it, the only track im not really that into is oddysee, the live versions are much better.
and it does create a nice hazy enviroment i guess, yeah.
weird way of saying "i actually enjoy it"
>>
>>63552025
i wasnt /frittering/ when i posted this but now i actually am.
the acoustic break before the 2 guitars solo is pretty feelsy tbqh
>>
saw them at sxsw last week

let me tell you, mercury rev fans go fucking berserk for the song "holes"
>>
>>63552276
everything after boces is 0/10
>>
>>63552025
>that drum fill
10/10 song
>>
>>63552301
nah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdHfWizyWE0
>>
SLOW AS A GLACIER
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.