[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which one are you, /mu/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: French House Duos.png (107 KB, 687x253) Image search: [Google]
French House Duos.png
107 KB, 687x253
Which one are you, /mu/?
>>
>>63549585
I exclusively listen to Let It Be by The Beatles. It is a perfect record. I have never and will never listen to any other record.
>>
>>63549631

Respect
>>
Daily reminder that if you are incapable of making music yourself or don't know music theory then you just shut your mouth on this topic.
>>
>>63549585
moon safari > discovery > cross
>>
>>63549631
Was gonna say something, but I'll let it be.
>>
>>63549959
You're a fucking idiot if you think that music theory is always applicable when having discourse on music. It's very narrow in it's scope and modern popular music emphasizes different things in practice than antiquated music theory. People who scream "music theory" are mostly people who are completely out of touch with the issues that are currently in discourse.
>>
>Justice
>Hipster

u wot
>>
File: 1450073726595.jpg (68 KB, 431x450) Image search: [Google]
1450073726595.jpg
68 KB, 431x450
>>63549585
>Hipster
>not Contrarian
>>
>>63550079
When you're categorizing music by greatness, complexity of actual composition and understanding all that goes into music is absolutely necessary. I'm not saying you can't have an opinion, but if you say "I have patrician taste" and you can't even perform a song well for someone, you just shut the fuck up.
>>
File: 1457680250590.jpg (24 KB, 320x263) Image search: [Google]
1457680250590.jpg
24 KB, 320x263
>>63549959
>>
>>63549585
I thought Moon Safari was mediocre at best.

I did not care for Cross either.

I have not looked into Daft Punk.

Kill me
>>
>>63550144
Lol almost couldn't be further from the truth
>>
House music is for French queers.
>>
>>63550116
Ok, so you just repeat the old adage that a critic has to be proficient in the field he criticizes.

I disagree. Music criticism (on which you can develop a taste) can be done so many different ways. Music Theory will help you not at all and neither does the knowledge how to do sound design in a DAW, when it comes to much of avantgardist music.

Applying classical music theory to autechre? Good luck.

Then music has also more dimensions than sonic - meaning and context. That's more language than crafting something acoustic but can also be foundations on which you can construction your taste.

Your understanding of criticism and taste ist incredibly shallow. I would advice you to think a little bit more about the issue - currently you projecting the image of a first-year-philosophy student who screams his muddy conceptions into the world he only thought of in his self-centered adolescence in his own private circle-jerk.
>>
>>63550560
>Music Theory will help you not at all and neither does the knowledge how to do sound design in a DAW, when it comes to much of avantgardist music.

Lol just give up.

I also didn't say you have to be proficient, I'm saying you should know some theory and you should be able to play an instrument in a way that people will enjoy it. That is not too much to ask if you're using the word patrician to describe your taste even if it is joking to some level.
>>
>>63550560
This is also not a controversial idea. I guarantee any experienced musician would laugh at the idea of a person with almost no understanding of how music works saying that their taste is advanced or refined.
>>
>>63549631
>not In The End - Linkin Park
>>
>>63549585
moon safari is very nice

others are shit
>>
>>63549585
I like Cross cause it has more replay value than Daft Punk. I haven't litened to album on the right but as it's labeled Patrician i'm guessing its some poseur-core bullshit.
>>
>>63550669
Patrician/Plebian as categories really don't interest me. Bad /mu/-meme.

I'm trying to have a conversation with you, but you don't have a serious consideration for the topic you brought up - so be it. I give up. :^)
>>63550714
Do you realize that your argumentation is circular?
>>
>>63550938
My argument is not circular. If you don't have any experience making music or know how it works, you cannot call your taste in music advanced or patrician, elite, anything implying high superiority.

I don't understand why this bunches up your panties so much, it's really not a bold statement.
>>
Discovery
>>
>>63549585
Discovery is a fucking brilliant electronic album.

Cross is pretty good, great even, but not quite as good.

Haven't heard Moon Safari
>>
>>63549585
All three I guess
>>
House fans prefer Homework to all of those but Discovery and Cross are acceptable. Moon Safari was for try hates when it came out and still is
>>
>>63549585
Discovery is my favourite out of all these but they're all great albums, stop being a fuck OP
>>
I like all 3..
>>
>>63551576
>Discovery is a fucking brilliant electronic album.
yeah if you don't listen to music
>>
Discovery is the only one with a movie, so its clearly the best one, OP.
>>
>>63549585
>True patrician
The Avalanches - Since I Left You
>>
>>63553888
You clearly don't understand what the three albums OP posted have in common or honestly anything about music genres. You're still working your way through the basic albums reposted here all the time if and need to stop posting until you know what you're talking about.
>>
>>63553025
Some nice shit taste you got there.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.