[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
help me:
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: images.jpg (5 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5 KB, 225x225
should i send my demo/ep to record labels or should i just self release?
>>
anybody else have experience with this?
>>
Depends on the music you want to make anon
>>
>>63543071
I want to make pbr&b with more left field production
>>
>>63543204
self release, there is literally no reason to sign your rights away to a record label

what would you want to get out of a label? tour support? distribution? merch? you can probably handle most of that on your own, or just get a manager to handle it. rather than signing yourself away, they'd just take a % cut.
>>
Self release. People might actually hear it that way.
>>
1.Make music for 5 years
2. Get together 3 - 5 tracks
3. Start playing live
4. realize those 3 - 5 tracks are shit
5. play live until your happy with your tracks
6. release a single which at this point you should have about 100 - 1500 people following you on various social media accounts because you've been playing live so much that everyone in your town knows you
7. wait to see if that single got any buzz
8. release another single.
9. continue playing live until you are ready to release either an EP or an album
10. release your work to the world it better be good
11. keep playing live maybe by this point you have a decent following and someone will email you asking to join a label. or maybe they won't
>>
>>63543240
>label? tour support?

this I don't know how I would perform it live, because I don't play instruments

It's also hard as fuck to get on the radio without AnR
>>
>>63543325
how are you making music right now?
>>
you have to go back to KTT
>>
show music first anon
>>
>>63543325
radio means nothing nowadays
>>
>>63543325
you know what your right this is way too hard. you should quit man!
its not 1976 no one listens to the fucking radio you fucking moron
>>
>>63543372
>>63543390
Radio means everything to me. A lot of people still listen to the radio it's how a lot of artists are discovered these days. IDK I feel like the online market is so over saturated. I pretty much want to be as big as Michael.
>>63543341
I just make and arrange music in a DAW by playing my keyboards and guitar, I ad some drums and some synth plug in's/patches and sing over it. But they vocals are also layered. But I don't really want to play the keyboard or guitar live I want to put on a show, like Morrissey or something. I want to give the people who come out an experience rather than watching someone play an instrument
>>
>>63543523
>want to be as big as Michael
you won't be so give up on that. even Drake isn't as big as Michael. You play your shit through your laptop and sing that's how you perform live. Go to an open mic. lower your expectations. radio shouldn't be important to you. you sound >20 so i'll cut you some slack on the naivety that is coming through on your post. just get out there and perform.
>>
>>63543523
>Radio means everything to me
i'm saying this because i care. You need to quit music. This isn't your calling. you are after a paycheck and fame and not doing this because you enjoy it. Seriously quit. your saving yourself a lot of pain in the future.
>>
>>63543523
dude music isn't for you if this is seriously your outlook. also not a single person in the 2000s has been "discovered' from the radio. you get on the radio because you have someone backing you from the get go. Your young you need to find something else to do with your life. music isn't for you
>>
>>63543658
>You are after a paycheck and fame and not doing this because you enjoy it.

What are you talking about, I've been in choir since I was 8 and am trained in classical piano, and i picked up the guitar when I was 15. I love making music. This is my passion and what I want to do for the rest of my life, but it's not a good feeling to make art that nobody's paying attention to. I've watched it happen to those around me and i don't want that.
>>
>>63543780
>Radio means everything to me
quit
>>
>>63543523
>I pretty much want to be as big as Michael.
show us your music then...
>>
>>63543780
> I don't play instruments
>says he does play instruments
>>
>>63543842
No I said I don't want to play instruments live, there's a huge diffrence
>>63543793
I don't want to share anything that's unfinished i'm sorry i'm a perfectionist.
>>
>>63543891
you ignored the only guy giving you good advice. read this. >>63543290

do it. leave this thread. forget about being as big as michael. you won't even be as big as earl. forget about the radio it literally doesn't matter. spotify is the new radio soundcloud those all mean more than radio. bye
>>
>>63543891
fuck... im sorry but you're not going to get anything out of this if you're gonna be a stubborn bastard
>>
>>63543891
you come to a japanese cartoon forum to brag about how you are some genius musician without showing anything you are gay
>>
this guy can't be older than 16 right? how can anyone think like him

>big as michael
>needs a label
>radio matters
>perfectionist
>cares how many people listen to his "art"
>wants to give people an experience rather than watching someone play an instrument .... whatever that means

saddest thread in existence
>>
File: Futurama-Fry-1.jpg (16 KB, 552x414) Image search: [Google]
Futurama-Fry-1.jpg
16 KB, 552x414
reading through this thread why do i get a strong feeling this is some sort of viraling
>>
>>63544105
its a 16 year old who has no idea how the music industry works.
>>
i feel bad for OP, poor guy
>>
>>63544136
enlighten us then wise guy
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.