[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Memphis Revival
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 0.jpg (12 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
12 KB, 480x360
Lets have a memphis revival thread for once since often we have /memphis general/ but we never have a memphis revival one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bU7ffZagbNs
I really like the pitched down vocal idea but maybe its just the finnish language because he just sounds like a text to speech program to me.
>>
>>63537306
Also forgot to add
>inb4 $uicide boy$ bones xavier wolf chris travis
since pretty much every knows them anyway.
>>
>>63537306
Imagine that this shit is really popping here in Finland. It's borderline mainstream nowadays.
>>
>>63537453
Still they are pretty good.
>>
>>63537854
I never said that they are bad but everyone has listened to them already and its pointless.You could even say that most of their songs are really repetitive.
>>
>>63537894
What are your favourite tapes by them? I think that Useless was pretty good but I like the older Bones stuff too. Xavier has always been GOAT. But I haven't really listened chis or $uicideboy$.
>>
>>63537927
Bones past garbage started to decline in quality and just does this emo rap and its pretty much all the same.$uicide boy$ and chris travis are hit and miss.I dont really like Xavier because he sounds like the biggest douchebag and i get this really bad vibes from his music.Its really hard to chose a favourite tape by any of them because they have a lot of filler but lame is the best tape by bones and xavier.
>>
>>63537838
Nice!Can you recommend me more artists/albums?
>>
>>63537306
I feel like memphis revival will never be taken seriously
>>
>>63538220
Like Finnish rap? Do u want memphis shit or do you want any kind of finnish rap?
>>
>>63538278
Yep preferably memphis but i'm interested in any kind.
>>
>>63538244
IMO I think its going to be one of the biggest things soon.
>>
How come most of these "Memphis Revival" artists can't be arsed to put any effort in their releases?

Bones is the worst. Every mixtape he drops is half-finished. Filled with tracks he couldn't even stretch to 2 minutes long because his freestyle just ran out of steam. Other times he just throws in a crooning interlude that doesn't fit into the track at all just to add an extra 30 or so seconds to it.

He doesn't even TRY to write lyrics. He just spits stuff that he thinks flows together well without any regard for thematic consistency. None of his tracks are ABOUT anything. They're all a lazy amalgamation of unrelated lines thrown together onto a single beat because they sounded OK when he spit it.

Why can't these fools put out something like Mista Thug Isolation? Like him or hate him, the effort LUM puts into his releases is evident and undeniable. A kind of effort or ambition that is sorely missing from many of these 'memphis revivalists'
>>
Doomshop is pretty good. I'm not a big fan of the memphis rap revival bullshit at all, but I like them. some of their rappers are weaker and stronger than others, but they all have the memphis flow down better than anyone else.

https://soundcloud.com/hydramane615/hydra-x-baker-catch-a-cap

I really like a newer guy they have, Mista Frvst, but his soundclouds down rn for whatever reason.
>>
>>63539363
>bones
>memphis revival
pleb
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.