[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Acid trip/music for tripping general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 11
File: tumblr_m8c9ihtfP81rd1z4mo1_500.gif (224 KB, 450x329) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m8c9ihtfP81rd1z4mo1_500.gif
224 KB, 450x329
K /mu/ I need some advice.
This saturday I'm planning on dropping acid and smoking weed. It's supposed to be very strong stuff, and I'm no veteran to LSD.
So it's gonna come in three stages, each of which I need some recs for.

Stage 1: 1 tab
Stage 2: second tab
Stage 3: smoking a bowl or two
>>
File: tumblr_m5869vYBjz1rqh7o2o1_500.gif (367 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m5869vYBjz1rqh7o2o1_500.gif
367 KB, 500x500
>>
File: download.jpg (11 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
11 KB, 225x225
>>63530544
>>
File: TI-LONERISM-Gatefold_800.jpg (120 KB, 800x397) Image search: [Google]
TI-LONERISM-Gatefold_800.jpg
120 KB, 800x397
Trust me on this. I actually did take acid and listen to this front to back. It was a very religious experience for me. On acid it's otherworldy the complete package.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLsCrysrvuQ
>>
>>63530544
I would suggest that you take both tabs at the same time or save the second for later, the bioavailability sharply decreases after first administration so you won't get much added psychedelic effects (just slightly longer duration - ie not being able to fall asleep but wishing you could). If the second tab is meant as a booster, just use weed for that purpose.

Music recs: Brian Eno - Ambient 1, I love Young Team by Mogwai although there are a few loud parts, Beck Sea Change would be nice, Astral Weeks, Spacemen 3's Dreamweapon, Maggot Brain, Tago Mago, Neu!
>>
Oh and KLF Chill Out for the comedown
>>
full attention:
amon duul 2 - yeti
faust - faust iv
gal costa - self titled that starts with 'cinema olympia'
spacemen 3 - the perfect prescription

background music:
can - future days
los natas - toba trance

sorry there is a lot more but just off top of head
>>
Stage 1: the stereotypes, jefferson airplane, pink floyds upbeat stuff, hendrix, donovan etc. idunno Depends on how it hits you.

Stage 2: definitely tycho for the peak. Could not recommend anything harder than thay. Sgt peppers is a great album when your brain is smeared all over your apartment.

Stage 3: disraeli gears, the doors (post Morrison), slick rick, suprisingly Ready to Die by biggie vibed alright last time I tripped. Also the song pillow talking by lil dicky was alright. But it felt really like. Wet.

Bruh it's all up to preference. I like warm guitars and lots of wah for the come down. But when peaking I usually just listen to whatever the fuck my buddies play
>>
I know its a cliche but sgt peppers on acid is fucking pure beauty
>>
1.Brian Eno any will do but i recommend the apollo soundtrack
2.Gary Numan- Pleasure Principle
3. The Stone Roses -(self titled album)
>>
>>63531169
that's as generic as it gets
>>
beach boys
antonio carlos jobim
spacemen 3
sandy bull (personal fav)
neu
can
alice coltrane

i tend to listen to chilled out shit the entire time, sometimes stuff like Can (can) get a bit too much so i put Aphex's more mellow stuff on.. ie most of Selected Ambient Works
>>
>>63531446
woah hahaha no way, was gonna put gal costa down but thought op wouldn't like it
>>
>>63533570
it's literally the most psychedelic album of all time, but also one of the most magical. anything can happen at any moment and most of those events are miracles.

tldr: i agree with your taste
>>
>>63533570
tell me about antonio carlos jobim and sandy bull, they are the two artists you listed that I am unfamiliar with
>>
>>63531497
lil dicky..
>>
>>63533822
sandy bull was a folk musician, just listen to this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=po8f4dSXgMA

jobim was a brazilian artist, great chillout music, check out Wave and this album

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8goep7fVXk
>>
>ruining a perfectly good acid trip with head-clouding, anxiety inducing weed
DEGENERATE
>>
never realized just how much anxiety and paranoia i get from smoking weed UNTIL i first dopped acid. shit changed everything.

> weed
> 2016

out
>>
>>63531169
Everything is religious experience on acid. I literally listened to a clock tick for like two hours straight.
>>
>>63534030
Yep. Its weird, weed makes me freak the fuck out, but doing lsd alone I have nothing but good vibes
>>
File: GKHST0R.gif (2 MB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
GKHST0R.gif
2 MB, 512x512
>>63534047
This sounds awful, actually. From experience, staying indoors during an acid trip, especially as you're peaking, isn't all that great and feels like a waste. It's not bad during a comedown, though.

I recommend going for walk in the park instead. If there's a large body of water, even better.
>>
Don't take a second tab hours later. If you take it after about a half hour later or so, that's fine. But taking it much later? Nah. Your body will have some tolerance. It won't feel great, it'll just extend the trip. It'll make it more like a long, unsatisfying trip, rather than rejuvenating it.

My advice, as someone who has taken LSD several dozen times, is to just take that one tab if you're new to it. Save the other one for another day. Or, if you've taken acid two or three times before and you're in a very comfortable environment, take both at the same time.

Weed and acid... they're an amazing mix but I'd recommend saving the weed for the comedown. You'll know once you've peaked. At this point, go out and smoke a bowl or two, it'll rejuvenate the visuals and trippy effects of the acid.

Weed gives you a very hazy headspace, which works great after the peak. Why not smoke before the peak? Well, acid, mostly before the peak, is introspective and clear-headed. Well, not clear-headed, but... well you can think. With weed at this point, you're kind of dulling that. Plus, since your trip is increasing, you're more likely to panic or get anxious if you smoke pot before the peak.

With that said, listen to your favorite album to start with. Your all-time favorite, the one you know and love, the one that has a special place in your heart, the one you can sing along to. The one that makes you happy. Listen to that album again. Relax, turn off your mind, and float downstream. Have a good time :)
>>
>>63533822
anon, this was a significant discovery for me. i think you will understand me when i say how much i appreciate this.
>>
>>63534464
meant to reply to >>63533938
>>
>>63533938
>sandy bull
this is the most amazing shit i've heard in ages. it's like discovering hex-era Earth for the first time.
>>
>>63534164
this is good advice 2bh
>>
File: twfade.jpg (474 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
twfade.jpg
474 KB, 1200x1200
You need to add Thriftworks to your trip playlist

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vF7_XRA-bY

This song at 2:00 sounds like what coming up on acid feels like
>>
Would my friends who have never heard MPP be able to handle listening to it or other anco for the first time on acid?

I always want to listen to it when i trip but im usually with other people and im afraid it will make them feel overwhelmed.

Ive gotten mixed reactions from people who were sober hearing it but i wonder if acid could be the key?
>>
>>63535232
it'll be great, do it
>>
>>63531446
Listened to Future Days while tripping and playing disc golf on a course w/ lots of trees and it was great.
>>
>>63535232
What song(s) are you thinking of playing?
>>
Only if you're into tekno

http://apps.freeteknomusic.org/mp3-archive/h/homicide-sonore-87/songs
>>
>>63535361
No more running lmao
>>
>>63535361
I personally would want to listen to all of mpp but considering other peope im not sure where to start.

Maybe my gurls? Or some solo panda bear stuff.

I dont mind weird stuff as much when im tripping but i know some people can be kinda sensative. I wound put on Chz if i could.
>>
>>63530544
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYSB1t0TxMw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y83D9YGjB88
>>
>>63535468
how pleb are your friends on a scale of linkin park to free jazz?
>>
>>63535529
One of their favorite bands are Gorillaz

The weirdest stuff ive been able to get them into was aphex twin and that took careful planning.
>>
>>63535587
>gorillaz
that's a good sign. on acid they should be fine with mpp I think. probably not any other anco though. but yeah once you're all settled in, play mpp start to finish

>If I could just leave my body, for the night
GOAT moment if you're on drugs.
>>
>>63534004
>anxiety inducing weed
Fragile faggot
>>
File: djfrane.jpg (253 KB, 1176x1200) Image search: [Google]
djfrane.jpg
253 KB, 1176x1200
good shit man
>>
Kikagaku Moyo

All their album give you real spiritual powerfull good vibration, amazing on any psychedelic drug.
>>
I reccomend this to all my friends who take acid for the first time. Mura Masa Sound track to a death. Down tempo chill electronic music. Also Mura Masa is a talented genus.
>>
I'm actually on a light lsd trip right now.

About to listen to Pet Sounds. Was listening to Chris Weisman for a while, now listening to AnCo.
>>
Good man.

Firstly, how good is your sound system? Will anyone else be accompanying you? And what is the limit of their music?

I tripped not to long ago and some artists I played were well received by my friend. She was a gril too take that into consideration.

Black moth super rainbow
DJ sprinkles
Tortoise
DJ koze
King gizzard and the lizard wizard (her choice desu)
Fuzz (might be a bit full on for some)
Hammock

Hope you have a good trip. Smoking weed with it is off the planet type shit.
>>
>>63531347
Could you expand on this? I did a trip not long ago with 2 tabs. Ate one then another about an hour later. Was average kind of trip. Probably just shit tier acid.

Then I've had times when I've dropped 2 at once or the same time as before and it's been massive.
>>
>>63530544
Whatever you fucking listen to when you're not high/tripping
>>
>>63536144
this is the best answer

nothing will sound better than the music that already personally touches you
>>
>>63530544
The while album of An Awesome Wave by Alt-j.
Your consciousness would fuckin implode.
>>
>>63536128
here's a good summary, if you have taken intro level psychology this will be pretty intuitive, if not definitely do some Wikipedia reading because this stuff is really interesting!

"The repeated agonist binding of psychedelics to 5-HT receptors, particularly those of the 5-HT-2A, and 5-HT-2C results in the 'downregulation' of these receptors, which for all intents and purposes, can be imagined as the overstimulated receptors receding into the postsynaptic density/membrane so as to avoid more stimulation, becoming inaccessible to more incoming neurotransmitters or foreign chemicals (psychedelics)."

If you google something like "LSD redose" you'll find a lot of related material and here's a helpful chart describing tolerance over time: http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/479297-The-Big-amp-Dandy-LSD-amp-Shroom-Tolerance-FAQ-and-Discussion-Thread

Hope that helps!
>>
https://m.mixcloud.com/oddbwar/oddbwars-beer-crate-greats-oct-2012/

This is a trip...
>>
>>63536599
The website is hard to navigate and alot of it seems like it was written by new agers. I don't quite understand what you pasted, but I guess it's along the lines of 'your body gets used to it and also combats the effects of any acid introduced at later points. So best to take a big hit at the start'?.
>>
File: The Planets, Op 32.jpg (57 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
The Planets, Op 32.jpg
57 KB, 500x500
Dumbass, just take the tabs at the same time.
Psychedelics have the fastest upcoming tolerances of all psychoactive substances.
If you wait it out like a fucking sissy, you're wasting trip intensity, wasting money.

Also, Gustav Holtz' The Planets, Op 32.

It's good when you're sober. It's grand when you're tripping. It's massive. It's collossal. It's cosmic. It's otherworldly. It's sublime. It's HOLY FUCKING SHIT NIGGER 13 BILLION YEARS OF HISTORY HAVE LED TO THIS POINT IN SPACE TIME WHERE I CAN LISTEN TO THIS MAGNIFICENT MUSIC!
>>
File: MI0003760960.jpg (19 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
MI0003760960.jpg
19 KB, 400x400
>>63536699
Richard Strauss' Also Sprach Zarathustra is also pretty good.

I remember a very powerful shroom trip where The Sunrise began playing right when the actual sun peaked over the horizon, wow man, that was intense.
>>
File: philip-glass-glassworks.jpg (133 KB, 600x599) Image search: [Google]
philip-glass-glassworks.jpg
133 KB, 600x599
>>63536767
I also love Philip Glass' Glassworks when I'm tripping, but that might be a bit... strange to listen if you don't have some psychedelic experience, since the music is heavily repetitive, which often leads to mindloops, temporal hallucinations where it appears that time has stopped or time keeps repeating the same moment over and over again, something that beginning trippers often find extremely scary.
>>
>>63536695
Same poster I Google it. Reddit had some goid explanations. Thanks for advice.
>>
>>63530544
If you're looking for music specifically enhanced by acid, krautrock or other experimental music. I wish I'd listened to that kind of stuff when I tripped. But if you're looking to listen to "normal" music while tripping, keep in mind that the atmosphere of what you're listening to can really affect your mood. I remember The Cure made me really sad, wistful, and nostalgic whereas Darkthrone was fucking terrifying for a few seconds before I wisely turned it off.
>>
>>63536910
>whereas Darkthrone was fucking terrifying for a few seconds before I wisely turned it off.

Nigga what? My first trip I blasted some Portal, and it was fucking amazing. The visuals were fucking top-notch for just a mere 2g shroom trip.

I don't always listen extreme metal when I trip, but occasionally I do, and it's always a blast. There's so much energy in extreme metal when you're tripping. It's like every fibre in your body is ready to vibrate into another dimension of atomic chaos.
>>
>>63536948
Maybe terrifying was the wrong word to use. Definitely intense, though. I could see it ruining part of someone's trip if they weren't ready for it. Although my trip (acid) went badly for other reasons. And I've done shrooms before, just not enough to trip unfortunately.
>>
>>63536984
Well, I wouldn't go blasting some Suffocation or Morpheus Descends when my trip is going sour.

I don't often have trips with difficult moments, but when I do have a tough spot in a trip, I desperately try to use my computer, and find a bigass Goa Trance playlist on Youtube.

And then I just sit on the ground and say "It's gonna be fine, it's just a trip." over and over again until I've calmed down after 2 minutes that feel like 40 days.

Droning trance music is a great way to calm yourself down if you have a difficult trip.
>>
>>63534004
This to be honest, family.
The head fog eliminates any complex thoughts you might have, I would only smoke on the come down or after the trip but that's just me.

I've got some shrooms lined up and will be listening to The Internet's newest album, very chill futuristic-soul beats. Not particularly 'trippy' though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aYxuwsAMGc
>>
>>63530544
Don't listen to Providence by King Crimson, I tell you that for free
>>
>>63537079
>The head fog eliminates any complex thoughts you might have

Wait what?

Don't you mean
>the weed allows you to really concentrate on the thoughts you have instead of just jumping from thought to thought like an ADHD autist
>>
>>63531542
I prefer Abbey Road, but really any Beatles is great for tripping
>>
>>63530544
dumb question, but where the fuck do I buy lsd?
>>
>>63536083
what would posess you to go on fucking 4chan of all places on an acid trip, such a waste
>>63538067
I've been lucky enough to have a friend that could get some a few times, I guess that's how most people get it
Other people order it from the dark web, some site called silkroad I think. Not sure how trustable it is though
>>
File: orb.jpg (6 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
orb.jpg
6 KB, 225x225
>>63530544
>>
these threads are so shallow why do you guys even bother
>>
>>63538369
What's the problem? They're sharing music, which is all /mu/ is good for
In 9/10 cases the 'discussion' on this board just amounts to 'thing is bad/good/meh' without any sort of reasoning, arguments or actual criticism to back it up
People are acting civil and sharing music, experiences and tips
This is probably the most worthwhile thread i've seen all day
>>
>>63538067
find your sketchiest friend/aqcuaintance and ask them if they know anyone
>>
>>63534162
I've heard going outside is the best thing to do on lsd, but the guy who gave it to me said that if I do 2 tabs not to go in public. Said it's like ego-death level shit
>>
>>63536794
My negro
>>
>>63538296
Well Silk Road has been shut down for a while but there are plenty of other dark net markets. Plenty reliable, yeah? Kind of a learning curve tho.., . . . ..
>>
>>63538724
Yeah outside vs inside definitely depends on dosage, I would trust his advice. At a certain point it makes much more sense to lie down and close your eyes and let the experience wash over you. A lighter dose lends itself much more to engaging with external stimuli/adventures like exploring the woods or going to a museum or something
>>
>>63534164
You beat me to most of the points I wanted to make - however, I feel as though OP should walk the full mile by taking both tabs at once if he wants to take a more satisfying dive down the psychedelic rabbit hole.

I should also note that the choice of music doesn't really matter in my experience; almost anything you enjoy sober you will enjoy tenfold as you approach your peak. Be careful of the more extreme genres (namely doom/death/black metal, power electronics, death industrial, and dark ambient) though.

>>63538067
>>63538296
Look into 1P-LSD.
>>
Whatever song this is
https://youtu.be/0gMBLy-NQB8
>>
>>63540980
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.