[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you guys think of his music?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: macdemarco.jpg (69 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
macdemarco.jpg
69 KB, 1280x720
What do you guys think of his music?
>>
it's goofy and name dropping him gives me indie creds XP
>>
Boring slowpaced bullshit
>>
solid guitarist who plays the same tricks over and over again, which more often than not work to his advantage

lyrics are introspective but not brilliant

his voice has a slacker charm and it works for the music, but when he does a falsetto it falls flat almost immediately
>>
It's originality is questionable, to say the least (R. Stevie Moore, that japanese band, Connan Mockasin, all of those had/have a very similar sound) but his stuff is pretty good nonetheless, albeit a bit repetitive at times.
Imo:
Rock 'n' Roll NightClub > 2 > Another One > Salad Days > Some Other Ones
>>
Chamber of Reflection is an awesome song for nighttime city cruising, and everything else is generally listenable. I don't listen to him much desu
>>
File: CT164-Mac-DeMarco-Cover_1400.jpg (1 MB, 1400x1400) Image search: [Google]
CT164-Mac-DeMarco-Cover_1400.jpg
1 MB, 1400x1400
>>63527786
>Rock 'n' Roll NightClub
>best Mac album
pick one

But seriously tho, I actually liked "2" the most, I really liked Freaking out the Neighborhood and Ode to Viceroy.
>>
>>63527836
I find Nightclub his more varied and interesting release. 2 has some of his best songs but it gets tiresome fucking quickly.
>>
hes hot af i know that
>>
>>63527753
I hated his attempt at a deeper, sultry tone even more than his falsetto, which he did a shit-ton of in his Rock 'n' Roll NightClub album
>>
>>63527859
I agree with that, I can appreciate how he uses different voices in different songs on Nightclub (deeper voices on songs like RnR Nightclub and One More Tear to Cry, or lighter, upbeat voices like in Babys Wearing Blue Jeans)
>>
File: mac-demarco-mangina.jpg (154 KB, 431x650) Image search: [Google]
mac-demarco-mangina.jpg
154 KB, 431x650
Would u fuck Mac DeMarco's lil pussie?
>>
>>63527978
this thread went downhill fast
>>
touring, fame and living in-character are killing him and his creativity

his live shows are well received due to high energy and "showmanship" (acting crazy) but musically sub-par. his band sucks

he's a home-studio wizard though
>>
>>63528145
i saw him at bonnaroo last year and his guitarist was on point the whole show, honestly it felt like they were competing for the spotlight and they were both equally skilled
>>
>>63527978
boipucci boipucci boipucci boipucci boipucci boipucci boipucci boipucci boipucci boipucci boipucci
>>
>>63528179
subjective i guess
both his guitarists nail all the parts, but without much feel or groove and with a pale imitation of the tone he achieves on his records

plus bumping everything up to a fast tempo sort of kills the whole vibe
>>
Question:

I see mentions of "DeMarco's cancerous fanbase" whenever he's mentioned on here, but I've never met a Mac DeMarco fan in real life or even seen an example image...

I like DeMarco a decent amount, I'd give him like a 6.5/10 as an artist I guess, but I feel like the fanbase thing is a strawman...

If I'm wrong show me a screenshot with a fan of his being retarded
>>
>>63528179
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9cY4Fo-kTM
His guitarist makes better music.
>>
>>63528392
>andy "i know some music theory" boay
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.