[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw I just now found out I've been listening to music
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: Spongebob 01.jpg (16 KB, 281x349) Image search: [Google]
Spongebob 01.jpg
16 KB, 281x349
>tfw I just now found out I've been listening to music in mono for almost a year
>>
>>63527140
How is that possible?
>>
>>63527159
How did it happen or how did I not notice?
>>
>>63527140
you deserve it
>>
>>63527140
yes you've also been listening to:
>Music downloaded by YouTube to MP3
>320kbps mp3's that are actually transcodes of lower bitrates
etc
>>
Isn't mono the best ?
>>
howd you figure it out
>>
>>63527325
Nope, I actually found out because YouTube vids sounded better than my flac files
>>
>>63527352
then your flac files might be from bad sources, are they CD rips?
>>
>>63527338
not if the album was made in stereo to begin with
>>
>>63527218
Both
>>
you probably get your music from the /mu/ archive, soulseek, or TPB/KAT which means you've been exposed to worse
>>
>>63527351
>>63527382
I looked up an album on YouTube and noticed shit going on I never noticed in my music player, and it sounded better than flac files. Checked the equalizer and a mono plugin was on for god knows why
>>
>>63527421
>Inb4 artists who say flac is placebo and transcode files are fine
>>
>>63527363
idk mate, they're from soulseek but they sound fine now
>>
>>63527506
*autists
>>
>>63527506
>but anon, you can't tell the difference after 192kbs
>>
>>63527506
You got that backwards. Transcodes are better than nothing and only autists obsess over bitrates.
>>
>>63527543
IMO transcodes sound worse than plain low bitrate songs
>>
>>63527592
Found the autist
>>
>>63527543
people who say things like this or about transcodes just dont have the audio equipment to tell (i.e. sub $150 headphones) and havent listened to music long enough
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.