[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dick Dale Is In Very Rough Shape, But Keeps Touring To Afford
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (77 KB, 636x421) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77 KB, 636x421
>“I can’t stop touring because I will die,” Dale says. “Physically and literally, I will die. I have to raise $3,000 every month to pay for the medical supplies I need to stay alive, and that’s on top of the insurance that I pay for … Sure, I’d love to stay home and build ships in a bottle and spend time with my wife in Hawaii, but I have to perform to save my life. I’ve been living like this for the past 15 years, but I’m still here and opening my eyes each morning.”

This guy is a god damned legend. He's also playing in my area too. Should I go see him?
>>
get a load of this guy people are trying to kill themselves and he has to nerve to tell people how he is trying to keep himself alive
>>
>>63520902
Shit that's sad, dude is one of the greatest guitarists ever.

>>63520924
kek'd
>>
Can we set up a Gofundme account for him? He's basically responsible for Surf Rock and all of the cultural memes it created. Pulp Fiction and so on....

He deserves to get some rest.
>>
>>63521034
That would be a great idea but if ido end up going to his shows I'm letting him know how much I respect what he's doing
>>
Yeah. This is pretty fucked up. Definitely go see him. Imma look up his tour dates. Damn that's sad.
>>
>>63520902
>america actually looking after the elderly
lol pull the other one
>>
I don't want to sound like a dick. This is a legitimate question. What happened to all the miserlou money? I mean the black eyed peas alone should be paying for his medical bills. Right?
>>
He's 78 and still touring and has been regularly for the past 15 years. I mean fucking hell as this guy said>>63521034 he definitely deserves some peace
>>
>>63521128
We're too busy spending government resources accommodating literally millions of "undocumented workers"
>>
>>63521213
He probably got gypped on the deal as do many classic musicians when they sign on to let others use their material
>>
>>63521128
america doesnt take care of anyone except the rich and the people exploiting welfare
>>
why doesn't he get obamacare or some shit
>>
>>63521547
Only illegals can get that.
>>
Just imagine, if he were Canadian he would have zero worries about this type of thing.

Fucking conservative political bullshit keeping America back, and causing situations like this.

Vote Sanders.
>>
File: 1.jpg (37 KB, 638x342) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
37 KB, 638x342
Looks like someone needs universal healthcare.
>>
>>63521562
>>
>>63521592
>>63521604
Get your politics out of my thread
>>
first of all, yes you should go see him. he can still play very, very well. here's a video I love:
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76fGo5I-rXM

secondly, Dick Dale's story is especially frustrating when you consider how seriously he took his health when he was young. guy took really good care of his body but cancer still decided to fuck him up at a young age regardless. life is rough.
>>
>>63520924
you serious rite now?
>>
>>63521757
yes if I knew I only had a month to live it would be a relief
>>
Badass American, hella badass.
>>
>>63520902

Hell be fine.
>>
>>63521526
>america doesnt take care of anyone except the rich and the poor
>>
>>63520902
Shit, I need to go see him before it's too late
>>
>>63521526
or in other words, america takes care of the poor and everyone else takes care of themselves?
>>
>>63521735
He really is a legend
>>
>>63522692
i'm an american and i can certainly tell you that i don't take care of myself and like the rest of my family, and extended social circle, mostly just try to ignore whatever medical problems we have until they can't be anymore. thankfully, i don't have any chronic conditions, other than the mental ones. if i had physical problems i would probably just shoot myself.
>>
>>63520902
>Dick Dale
Literally who?
>>
>>63523086
King of surf rock
>>
>>63523112
>King of surf rock

>King of a shit genre
Wow, a fucking NOBODY
>>
>>63523185
You fucking disrespectful prick, what the fuck, did mommy forget feeding you this morning little buddy?
>>
>>63522692
>America takes care of the poor

>>63521327
If you actually think that migrants are America's biggest expenditure you are a retard.
>>
>>63521829
Get help. I'd tell you to kill yourself for rhetoric effect, but I don't need that on my mind.
>>
>>63521735
So he just picked a guitar but was lefty and decided to learn to play it upside down?
>>
>>63521735
I've never heard him talk, he reminds me of Al Bundy
>>
>>63520924

Good post! Have some manna my good friend!
>>
>>63523086
did you learn everything you know about the music world from /mu/
>>
>>63521327
You don't honestly believe that, do you?
>>
>>63522271
America eats its it young. Didn't you know that? Also, it's a faux pa in our country to help the poor, because that would keep them from helping themselves become rich heirs to multimillion dollar fortunes like Donald trump.
>>
Quite a handsome young man
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.