[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you people go to concerts/events alone? How do you make it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4
File: ram.gif (2 MB, 636x276) Image search: [Google]
ram.gif
2 MB, 636x276
Do you people go to concerts/events alone? How do you make it fun, with drugs or just trying to enjoy yourself?
>>
its fucking loud as shit even when the bands arent playing so who cares

the only time recently or that I can even think of I went to anderson paak about 5 hours before he came on and I just couldnt take it anymore after about 2 hours so I left even though I paid $15. I think normally I would've been fine but I had already been going to shows all day.
>>
I ripped bong in the parking lot and then saw Liturgy, alone. It was amazing.
>>
I genuinely want to see the artist? What do you mean how do I make it fun?

Going alone is honestly better in a lot of ways for me.

It makes it easier for me to enjoy the artists.
>>
>>63509446
>Going alone is honestly better in a lot of ways for me.
me too and far easier to meet people

and seriously dont even get me started on if I was somebody's ride there and back holy fuck
>>
File: image.jpg (79 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
79 KB, 700x700
>mfw literally every music venue I frequent in my city has implemented a no singles policy
>>
>>63509417
*even think of that I cared
>>
>>63509524
wait wtf I've never heard of this
>>
>>63509563
It's a /tv/ meme

>>63509136
I saw Titus Andronicus alone the other day and it was fucking amazing, there was so much camaraderie in the pit
>>
>>63509563
oh you will don't worry

enjoy it while you can dude
>>
>>63509524
I bring my falcon with me, it costs double but it passes the no singles policy. It's getting a bit expensive but that's the price you pay for music these days.

>>63509586
No it's not.
>>
>>63509609
>>>/tv/
>>
>>63509444
lol whatever helps you sleep at night

(skip to 7:00)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_9lvxc_5LM
>>
>>63509669
?

what point are you trying to make
>>
>>63509466
Yeah idk what it is, but if I wanna meet a babe, I just function better as male sex symbol when I'm alone. When I'm with friends, idk, maybe I'm just embarrassed to spark up conversation with someone?

Idk. But in the past, I've been at clubs and I'd purposely ditch my friends so I could go find women to make out with. Always worked. I'm not some tall super attractive in-shape guy either. Idk.
>>
>>63509728
>Those fucking synthesize horns
>Those shitty speakers
Does that not sound awful to you?
>>
I never have this problem because I have enough friends that I can reliably call at least one of them up and be like "wanna go to a *insert genre name here* gig? It's not much and we can go out or back to mine for a bit"
>>
>>63510189
I have extremely severe problems with that album but that isnt one of them. I assumed you were going to pick a moment where he starts rapping.
>>
>>63510264
The horns and the fact that the band can't play in time are both awful. The rapping is just the icing on the shit cake.
>>
>>63510255
>and we can go out or back to mine for a bit"
sounds kinda gay dude
>>
>>63510285
Whose saying I'm just asking dudes? Also my flatmate's a casual drug dealer so I basically always have weed.
>>
when i turned 18 i went to some techno club alone because none of my old friends didnt really want to go out unless it was some big edm superclub
ended up making a bunch of new friends that i go out with regularly now
drugs definately help a lot
>>
>>63510347
im going to ramriddlz this thursday in Toronto and i never been to a concert alone. It's a relatively small venue so what are some tips you would have? Im planning on taking molly to help the process
>>
The first concert I ever went to, I went by myself. Pretty great experience
>>
File: crimes.jpg (68 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
crimes.jpg
68 KB, 1280x720
>>63509136
>Do you people go to concerts/events alone?
>walking into a club
>find a bad model bitch
>drop ecstasy
>experience the pinnacle of being a young adult in this day and age.
>>
I usually go to concerts with a couple friends or more if we're all major fans, but if it's an artist that I'm a huge fan of but none of my other friends are or nobody else is free that night or whatever, I have no problem going by myself. I do it often. There are some artists who I'm crazy about that none of my friends care about, and if they're doing a show in my city I'm not going to miss them on their account.

>How do you make it fun, with drugs or just trying to enjoy yourself?
If it's a band I love then I have a blast no matter what. I don't have to "try" to make anything fun.
>>
In general I like going alone - largely because then I don't have to make sure someone I invited is having a good time, and there isn't the hassle of having to stick together. Anyway 9/10 if I go to a gig I'll bump into someone I know anyway.
>>
>>63509669
I'm gonna be bummed if they close that place down, I've got so many memories there.

Also 7:05 almost made me spit up my drink.
>>
>>63509136
Lately I've been going with my girlfriend and it's mehh. I always making sure she's having a good time... I saw surfer blood alone once. That was actually pretty cool. I felt really weird in between sets tho
>>
>>63509524
Too many creepers at the venue showers , some would even spend the whole show there, that's what our manager told us at least.

It's nothing personal my man.
>>
yeah lots of normal people do
>>
I went to a festival last year where I'm sure the guys by my side were mutants, didn't talk to them although now that I think of it it would have been kind of cool instead of being alone the rest of the day

Same for other group of people chilling with everyone and smoking weed but Tfw too much of a pussy to talk to thwm

How do you do it guys, being alone at a show sucks
>>
>>63511437
be in a social mode. your mentality should be everyone is your friend already. dont try to impress anyone. look approachable. have good energy.
>>
>>63511437
>How do you do it guys
cues
>>
File: 1458335733785.gif (2 MB, 500x345) Image search: [Google]
1458335733785.gif
2 MB, 500x345
>>63511437
I usually keep my eyes closed and open them to spit on the floor every 35 seconds, bitches love that shit.
>>
>>63510397
no one is going to reject you or anything if you try to talk to them, thats always the best place to start, just say hey whats your name or make a situational comment or something then go from there, if you cant spark up an interesting conversation then you can always just excuse yourself and walk away, and you stuff up youll probably never see them again anyway so who cares, just keep a smile on your face and be willing to spark up a conversation, the first one is always the hardest desu
>>
>>63511524
>>63511471
>>63511437 here,
Thanks for the advice, desu I think I never try to impress anyone and try to look friendly but next time will try to approach anyone who looks friendly enough, also it helps when they are wearing a band shirt cause I can just compliment on that
>>
i always go to shows alone

i meet people there sometimes but more often than not i just shoot the shit with the bands at their merch tables
>>
I saw Neutral Milk Hotel alone and it sucked. The show was great, but being alone sucked. Then a few months later I saw Mineral alone and I made friends in line so it was better.
>>
its the best way to make new friends
>>
>tfw every show worth going to in your city is local projects and everyone there know each other
>tfw the couple of friends you actually do things with sometimes don't like the same thing you do and never want to go with you
>tfw too self conscious to go alone
>>
I would but all the good shows near me are in NYC and I just don't have the money for train rides, tickets etc.
>>
I don't like to go to concerts unless I'm going with a close friend, but I lost that close friend recently lmao, RIP
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.