[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
thoughts on system of a down?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 2
File: SOAD_BLOG.jpg (511 KB, 1200x627) Image search: [Google]
SOAD_BLOG.jpg
511 KB, 1200x627
thoughts on system of a down?
>>
weggup
>>
I love SOAD
>>
they're pretty good, they better release a new album soon though
>>
I really like their version of the Legend of Zelda theme
>>
I listened to them in high school.
>>
Just listen to Cardiacs and Mindless Self Indulgence senpai
>>
9gag meets reddit
>>
not saying they are great but I dig them...They make me laugh
>>
>>63507309
they had one amazing album, one great double album, then two just okay albums

(s/t, obvious, steal, toxicity in that order)
>>
Appealing during my adolescence, but not so much after that. Still listen to a track here and there...
>>
Got GOOD at guitar because of them. Easy riffs, very VERY rewarding for a beginner musician. In fact I was playing Aerials on guitar earlier today. Simple and heavy. I haven't listened to them in a long long time though.
>>
>>63507619
Playing 1 finger bar chords in drop C in a 4/4 rhythm at mid tempo isn't exactly getting good.
>>
Soad is my favorite band, I love their style. Really hope they make a new album.
>>
>>63508878
i'm glad you took the time to post that
>>
>>63507714
Sounds like someone wants to have a SHRED WAR
>>
>>63507714
this, basically the only thing daron malakian is good at doing besides writing good-ass riffs is jumping between power chords quickly
>>
I'm going to shoot up a school if I see one more faggot call them a nu-metal band.
>>
>>63509175
any more white and you'd blend in with the snow
>>
File: toxicity.jpg (139 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
toxicity.jpg
139 KB, 600x600
most violent audience ever
>>
>>63510469
their worst album imo
>>
>>63507309
better than nirvana
>>
I like Serj's solo work better.
>>
>meal
>food
>>
>>63507309
singer's voice GREAT
(and you're all idiots)
>>
>>63507372
Ayy
>>
I remember enjoying some songs but i can barely remember them.
>>
soad > hynotize > steal this album! > toxicity = mezmerize

i think all of their albums are strong though
>>
More like Syndrome of a Down
>>
>>63511362
BASED
A
S
E
D
>>
>>63507309
OP needs to pull tapeworms out of his ass.
>>
cant wait to hear the new album
>>
>>63510644
/thread
>>
>>63510666
vastly underrated
>>
One of those bands I got into when I was 13, never once stopped enjoying them though.

All of their albums are at least 8/10 imo. S/T, and Hypnotize/Mezmerize are 10/10,

Roulette is a massively underrated song and they should try doing another acoustic song some time,
>>
>>63507309
Love them
>>
>>63511291
Literally one of the only bands where I think every album is a 10/10.
>>
>>63513452
>>63513463
My thoughts exactly.
>>
Systemaddicale of a downward sin dream #serjamong
>>
Is this post ironic satire or can you really listen to them without cringing? Instrumentally they are OK at best
>>
>>63514239
>my opinion is a fact.
>>
>>63507335
grubbabushalilmakup
>>
Please stop making "thoughts on soad?" and "thoughts on ratm?" threads, its obvious your 13-17 and just want to make sure the music you like has the /mu/ sign of approval.
>>
shitty new metal
>>
Serj should be the only singer.
>>
I like Jerk's solo jerk better
>>
>>63510666
>metal confirmed for devil's music
>>
>>63514330
Can see why you would think that, but honestly I think Daron's voice really makes SOAD's music so much better, especially on the double album. His vocals on Lost In Hollywood are superb, wouldn't work properly with just Serj imo
>>
They used to be my favourite band.
They've got a very unique style and some solid albums.
I kind of grew tired of them with time but I still like to revisit them once in a while.
>>
Dreaming is their best song

fite me
>>
>>63514900
I love this line

>someone kick me out of my mind, I hate these thoughts I can't deny
>>
Is this thread a joke
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.