[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is your opinion of Kendrick Lamar and why?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 3
File: kendrick_animation_04_002.png (794 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
kendrick_animation_04_002.png
794 KB, 1080x1080
What is your opinion of Kendrick Lamar and why?
>>
He's cool. Not my favorite of the early 2010s up-and-coming rappers, that would be Big KRIT who I'm frankly a little disappointed in for not blowing up even more (which he could have done if he fucking switched his style up even a bit). But yeah it's always a good thing when somebody who tries as hard as Kendrick does to be great gets the success they deserve.
>>
>>63481937
I agree with your latter statement. I want to marry Kendrick he's cute
>>
>>63481863
I think he's an anti-white racist.
>>
>>63481937
ITS BETTER THIS WAY!
>>
>>63481863
nigger
>>
>>63481863
Best rap artist this decade. On course to be the best rap artist of this century if his next album delivers like his last few
>>
liked him much more when i stopped thinking he was gangster rap
>>
reverse racism isn't real
>>
File: 6p2kwil.gif (161 KB, 400x286) Image search: [Google]
6p2kwil.gif
161 KB, 400x286
>>63481863

If he pulls off another GKMC, he should just walk away or take a gang bullet and become legend. Not much else to do except risk falling off, after that.
>>
>>63481863

>What is your opinion of Kendrick Lamar
Decent black american rapper. He used to open the tour for Drake. He managed the "co-signs" of the key-peoples to be more hot at this moment, hess on the wings of giants. I got his Lil Wayne remix mixtape, it's cool how he managed with his team to have a spotlight of one of most requisited pop rappers. I like Good Kid Madd city, in full, a few songs of Section80 and a fews of To Pimp A Butterfly, his style of rapping (rapid and candenced-mimic flow) was showed since that Lil Wayne-impression tape thats good for rap in these days. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zzJf9TDQMU

>and why?

"while is hot", game, hip hop (pop rap), issues, social justice warrior, social networking age.
>>
>>63482988
There isn't "reverse racism", it's just racism. And there's a lot of racism against white people nowadays.
>>
>>63481863
He's fine. Not necessarily a huge fan, but I think all three of his albums are solid 8/10s and you could make an argument that he has the best output of any rapper in the 2010s. You don't have to like him, but I get the sense the people who really hate him only hate him out of racism or contrarianism. I've yet to hear a convincing argument that his music isn't at least above average within his genre.

I get that people are rubbed the wrong way by the fact he's basically untouchable now and music publications (especially those who cover a lot of hip hop) refuse to say anything negative about him. But that's not a problem with him, it's more a problem with hip hop culture's obsession with 'GOATs' and icons.
>>
>>63483111
t. disenfranchised teenage virgin
>>
Seems like a nice guy
>>
>>63483239

>But that's not a problem with him, it's more a problem with hip hop culture's obsession with 'GOATs' and icons.

Exactly, exactly, this is almost a paranoia. Its fucking exausting to read Youtube-comment tier fans wars debating-hating "thinkpieces" about this.

It's like Hip hop is the most Sport-like music genres of all, and i agreed is there battle rap competitions and "hard rappers" comparisions, who champions and best rapper alive is considered the most raw, violent and dirty talker of them, i think this have nothing to do with quality because this shit only feeds the click-baits shit sites like Complex Magazine. This is why The Love Below of Andre 3000 and Lauryn Hill are game changing marks.
>>
>>63483111
>>>/pol/
>>>/b/
>>>/literallyanywherebuthere/
>>
If I was as inspiring and thought-provoking as him, I wouldn't be rapping and I wouldn't be doing it for the money.
Great artist, enormous hack.
>>
inciter of racial violence
preaches racial hatred
>>
>>63483469
I think those are two separate things. I've never seen anyone say that Kendrick is the 'hardest' or 'dirtiest,' rapper or anything like that, but I agree that those are popular discussions in hip hop. But, then again, the same can be said about anything that appeals to male teenagers (metal is another example), and I guess that boils down to some kind of vicarious masculinity.

Outside of those discussions, I think hip hop is actually one of the most unified genres there is. It's the only genre where there is an agreed upon set of rappers that everyone puts on ther Mt. 'Rushmores', and even though there are shitloads of hip hop subgenres you'll rarely find people who only listen to a specific subset (which is common in rock, metal or electronic music). I'm not entirely sure why that is, but I imagine that a significant part of that comes from the fact that hip hop typically emerges from poor black areas where they really need heroes to look up to. With Kendrick it's a bit different because hip hop's audience is more white at this point. I'm guessing it's just white people trying to fit in with the culture or whatever.
>>
>>63481863
Brilliant
Not only pushing the boundaries of hip-hop poetically, but has the audacity to push the art of it forward
If he can mix the lyrics of his last album with the music of his last E.P. he'll be a top 25 musician oat
>>
I like his musics
>>
So he's not releasing any singles for his last album or what? If Get top on the phone not a single then he's a huge faggot
>>
>>63483768
>>63483768

>the same can be said about anything that appeals to male teenagers (metal is another example),
the casual metal fans are more minus elitist, they can enjoy literally any metal band (garage to a argentinian black metal band),
the casual rap fans, only likes the curated- soundcloud rappers and mainstream rappers, but for rap is there pop rap, thats makes PSY and Pitbull being universally liked or atleast ringtuned.>>63483768

>though there are shitloads of hip hop subgenres

now, i only see trap rap, bragaddocio rap, conscious rap (in brazil most), internet (cloud, experimental) rap.

>>63483768

>part of that comes from the fact that hip hop typically emerges from poor black areas where they really need heroes to look up to.

i think some rapper artist helped by some publications delude people to think this, most of rap stars even the most outsiders are all manufactured quasi-robots who jumps on the hype of other artists specially the hottest mans of the moment see: Kanye west TLOP (Future, future impersonators, Drake's What a time to be alive, Metro Boomin, DG experimenting, Run the jewels) is not 100% natural no more.

>>63483768
>With Kendrick it's a bit different because hip hop's audience is more white at this point. I'm guessing it's just white people trying to fit in with the culture or whatever.

1000% it must was proved. Its a fact. To a rapper being succesfull in USA for ex, he could to do songs that white people can like.
>>
>>63484027
>the casual metal fans are more minus elitist, they can enjoy literally any metal band (garage to a argentinian black metal band),
I disagree. Casual metal fans (especially the teenagers we're talking about) tend to stick to thrash, alternative, classic and general mainstream American metal.

>now, i only see trap rap, bragaddocio rap, conscious rap (in brazil most), internet (cloud, experimental) rap.
There's jazz rap, memphis rap, east coast, west coast, hardcore, industrial, abstract, instrumental, crossover and so on. The internet is the main form of distribution of most hip hop so if you count 'internet' as a genre it's not going to seem like much. The point I'm making is that while you may, for example, find a metal blog that focuses solely on black metal (or something to that effect) you won't find a hip hop blog that focuses exclusively on concscious hip hop.

>i think some rapper artist helped by some publications delude people to think this, most of rap stars even the most outsiders are all manufactured quasi-robots who jumps on the hype of other artists specially the hottest mans of the moment see: Kanye west TLOP (Future, future impersonators, Drake's What a time to be alive, Metro Boomin, DG experimenting, Run the jewels) is not 100% natural no more.
I think you're making the point that rappers don't necessarily come from 'hood' or even working class backgrounds any more, which is true. But I still think there has been a cultural carry-over of those same ways of thought, manufactured or not.
>>
Decent
>>
Would suck his dick. I'm straight.
>>
>>63483918
>So he's not releasing any singles for his last album or what?
what would be the significance? videos?
>>
a lot of white people like TPAB i guess
>>
>I remember you was conflicted
>you was
Why are these apes allowed to make music when they can't even speak good english.
>>
>>63485147
That's normally what music artists do, yes
>>
>>63481863
Great music, sounds great with thundercat.
Really don't appreciate all the BLM-esque racist lyrics though
>>
>>63485707
>Really don't appreciate all the BLM-esque racist lyrics though
literally every significant hip hop artist has had similar lyrics before, i don't get why this gets brought up all the time when it comes to kendrick lamar
>>
>>63485609
>>>/tv/
>>
>>63485707
>reverse racism
lmao, even if that was a thing his lyrics are far from that, its more about self-love and embracing your blackness than white people are evil
Greatest hip hop artist to ever walk on earth, no one was ever this consistent
>>
>>63483004
Eminem redeemed himself, if he can so can old rap legends
>>
>>63485841
>literally every significant hip hop artist has similar lyrics
really? name a single death grips, viper, or moonman song that has similar lyrics. check mate.
>>
A good rapper who's message isn't the generic fuck bitches make money etc... He also gives off the old school hip hop artist vibe
>>
Imagine a Future/Kendrick collab
>>
>>63483270
>>63483575
Niggers detected.
>>
>>63485897
>reverse racism
didn't realize how cucked this board is.
>more about self love and embracing your blackness than white people are evil
Except they're not. The blacker the berry and untitled 03 both shit all over white people. Most songs on tpab make references to the white man holding down and oppressing "innocent" blacks. The whole album is nigger-tier, the only reason to listen to it is for the neo-soul, funk, and jazz influenced instrumentals. Other than that it's garbage.
>>
>>63486058
>tripfag

at the risk of repeating myself...

t. disenfranchised teenage virgin who doesn't get enough attention in real life
>>
>>63486008
imagine you not having shit taste
>>
>>63485940
How the fuck did eminem redeem himself?
>>
Extremely excited to see what more he has to produce but extremely scared that he won't be able to keep up a 3/4 album streak
>>
>>63486193
>projecting this hard
>>
>>63482048
Lol did you even listen to the lyrics in the blacker the berry and alright? Alright is about how hypocritical blacks are and alright is about how blacks blame white people and cops for all they're problems but really it's their own fault for all the fucked up shit that happens in the ghetto because they're just perpetuating it.
>>
People need to actually listen to his lyrics.
>>
>>63486766
Still overrated
>>
>>63481863
He'll go down as one of the greatest rappers and musical entertainers of all time. And I don't just mean that in a biased way. Just simply watching a concert of him last night it just struck me. This guy is going places. He's already peaking but he's on a roll right now. I don't know what to expect from his fourth album whenever that may come but you can bet I'll probably love it.

He's humble, modest, nice, his lyrical content is diverse, as is the music. From jazz, to trap influence to west coast, the dude has everything going for him and he doesn't represent the typical "gangsta" image despite GKMC being very influenced from that style of music.
>>
>>63482048
Why
>>
One of those rare cases of a living legend in his prime
>>
>>63490173
He's not. People that spew this shit all the time are retarded.
>>
>>63490215
He's definitely already at legend status.
>>
>>63490252
That's what i said fag
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.