[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Grateful Dead
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: gd.8-27-72.jpg (60 KB, 640x460) Image search: [Google]
gd.8-27-72.jpg
60 KB, 640x460
so /mu/, tell me why you don't like the greatest band in history?
>>
i do though
>>
I like the greatest band in history
>>
:)
>>
age old argument
5/8/77
best show of all time or most overrated show of all time?
>>
>>63475560
Both.
>>
File: 3321949.jpg (38 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
3321949.jpg
38 KB, 300x300
Thank you Grateful Dead for inspiring the whole "krautrock" scene in the early 70's with this album.
>>
/jamband/ general when?? There's like a grateful dead thread about every day and every once in awhile someone brings up phish so you'd think maybe theres fans on here. Anyone go to shows here? Like newer jam scene/jamtronica, goes to fests?
>>
>>63475648
I've never gone to any shows but I'm a big jam band fan overall.

/jamband/ general is a good idea
>>
>>63475648
Grateful Dead is literally the only acceptable jamband.
>>
>>63475648
i can never get into phish
theyre just not what i expected
>>
>>63475673
Allmans? Santana? The Band? As far as non classics I like Lotus, soundtribe, Tauk, papadosio. Jamgrass like greensky or yonder. There's a lot of variety.
>>63475720
Took me a while to like them because the bad vocals. I would never recommend Phish to a non fan as a first listen for the genre
>>
>>63475720
Listen to Farmhouse and Junta.

Junta has some mediocre tracks on it (Fee, Dinner and a Movie) but also has some absolutely amazing tracks (The Divided Sky, Fluffhead/Fluff's Travels, You Enjoy Myself).
>>
>>63475837
Santana is garbage and The Band isn't a jamband.

Only modern jambands I've put myself through was the Stringcheese Incident and Phish and they were both fucking trash. Just playing off the "dude psychedelics lmao" crowd
>>
>>63475467
they rock my socks off
>>
>>63475560
Hard to imagine it not being a top 5 at least. But I think I prefer Veneta anyway.

>>63475673
Literally not true. They may have pioneered it and done their own thing better than anyone, but there are plenty of bands out there jamming consistently well.
>>
>>63475999
I used to think Santana was bad, but their Woodstock performance is insane, and is pretty much what made them famous.
>>
File: goodpic.jpg (110 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
goodpic.jpg
110 KB, 1440x1080
>>63476030
Have you heard 4/17/72?

It's one of my favorite shows.
>>
>>63475648
I've been going to the Gathering of the Vibes for a few years. It was originally founded right after Jerry Garcia died to celebrate his music and the Dead Head culture. Unfortunately this year's Vibes has been cancelled for reasons I don't quite understand, but hopefully it will be back in the future.
>>
>>63475999
Cheese I will admit is corny but I'm still a fan, Im a sucker for traditional acoustic picking mixed with synth and they do that sometimes. They have great jams and songs mixed in with some very cringey material but it works when it works. Yeah that's def the crowd, I listen to jams sober but you can't really separate the psychedelic experience from the music totally. That's part of the deads history and that goes for other genres too

>>63476123
Waka is cancelled this year too. They had weather disasters for years in a row so that's part of it but I think the jamband centric festival market bubble popped earlier than the rest of them. You see lots of fests closing this year all genres cuz there's too many. But jams in particular are really concentrated in Lockn and Summer Camp this year which both have huge lineups
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.