[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what is the most poser thing you've seen a local band do?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: singing face.jpg (145 KB, 659x437) Image search: [Google]
singing face.jpg
145 KB, 659x437
last night i saw a band pretty good everything except the singer was really getting into his vocals making bjork style like gestures and dramatic faces, but he had his mic run through so much reverb it didn't make a difference. all for show.
>>
I sold weed to MC Chris at the Cat's Cradle in NC.
>>
Can you all stop with this "poser" bullshit? I didn't realize you were all 80s punk kids DRENCHED in authenticity
>>
>>63475114
yeah fuck people who try
>>
Last band i played opener to, long time, fundie crazy aggressive kid from uni i'd seen, singer. All the band pampering the little git with his teas for his vocals. I go to bathroom, guitarost follows me, starts this highschoolschpiel about 'go for it'. They then play, and it's embarrasingly vaccuous and unfinished, spooffunkrockmusic. After they open w what they assume is comedy, going 'usa, fuck yeah' from southpark. Flanders. All idiots.
>>
one time the vocalist in my band choked out a crowdmember
>>
File: 1457466161714.gif (3 MB, 413x233) Image search: [Google]
1457466161714.gif
3 MB, 413x233
>>63475114
At a byob show and the drummer stood up and grabbed the mic and was like "Who likes Jack Daniels" in this really weird way then took a swig from the bottle
>>
>>63477012
what the fuck
>>
>>63477012
this is gibberish
>>
>>63477012
what
>>
>>63477012
>Flanders. All idiots.
W-what?
>>
>>63477012
they was just kids enjoying their moment. It's ok OP.
>>
File: asianrev.jpg (4 KB, 151x85) Image search: [Google]
asianrev.jpg
4 KB, 151x85
this guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Sw_lgX1q2w
>>
>>63477012
Holy shit you can't write dude.

>>63478887
>>63477437
>>63477397
>>63477374
>>63477341
Let's figure this out...

Last band I saw played an opener a long time ago. They were the most fundamentalist crazy aggressive kids from university that I'd seen singing. All the band did was paper his voice with a little git and tease. I went to the bathroom and the guitarist follows me. He proceeds to tell me a long story about "going for it." They then perform. It sounds like embarrassingly vacuous and unfinished spin-off rock music. Before this, they opened with what they must have thought was comedy, shouting "USA, fuck yeah!" from South Park.
>>
>>63477437
Assuming the guy is germand he must mean people from flanders (belgium)
>>
>>63480257
Yeah, I couldn't figure out that part either.
>>
>>63480083
This shit happens more than you would think. So much ego involved in music, it sounds so familiar. I've seen a few bands like this - The Twats, The Bastards, The Fuckwits, The Assholes. Shit should stay in the rehearsal room but they're just being themselves and enjoying their fifteen minutes in the spotlight. I'm sorry you were on the receiving end of them, I truly am.

You can't help but think they're dicks. But they'll come around some day.
>>
my high school is full of absolutely awful musicians and music groups funded and kept alive by wall street parents
there are a couple of truly talented people that get mixed in but for the most part its rich asshole kids doing generic r+b/pop shit

i have a few horror stories but ill share one of my favorites

there's this guy whose dad is one of those wall-street-banker-turned-broadway-actor who i go to school with and i've had a few classes with. triple legacy at harvard, fully equipped studio in his basement. decent/good voice, horrible personality and almost no instrumental, lyrical, or engineering skills (despite claiming to be a fully trained drummer, guitarist, bassist, producer, pianist, composer, songwriter, etc)
he also claims to have invented the genre of "UDM" or "urban dance music"

this fucking kid comes into english one day and tries to get the teacher to ask him what he's been doing all month and after a few minutes of hinting at it she begrudgingly asks him what he's been doing all month
he then goes on a 10 minute long soliloquy about how he got to "drop out of school for a month" and go to LA to "work on his career". he then claimed to have been working "in a team that works for jason derulo and chris brown". the entire ten minutes was the biggest autofellatio i've personally witnessed
i then went home and listened to the two songs he had posted on soundcloud from that trip and it was basically just generic trap flavored edm it was totally not worth travelling to LA especially when we live about an hour from NYC and he has a literal professional grade studio in his basement the whole thing seems like a mediocre effort to spend as much money as possible on a career that's quickly expiring

sidenote: he's taking a gap year despite being accepted into harvard (the only school he applied to)
>>
I listened to Comus
>>
There used to be a local band in my area that would wear fingerless gloves and makeup and they sounded like some cross between Coheed and Cambria and Children of Bodom. It was the gayest shit ever. But they broke up before they released a full album.
>>
File: Retard alert.gif (52 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
Retard alert.gif
52 KB, 480x270
>>63477012
Jesus fuck
>>
>>63481382
A lot of kids are like that. They think they can make a career just because they spent thousands of dollars in guitar lessons and have a lot of money. They learn the hard way it ain't that easy.
>>
>>63475137
Ayyy I went there once to see Del the Funkee Homosapien once with my obese coworker
>>
>>63479884
What the fuck.

Tell me more about this guy
>>
>>63479884
This is pretty good, not cringe at all!
>>
>>63479884
>Can I have some anarchy, please?
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>63477188
What city?
>>
>>63477012
are you drunk? is yer brain even working right now?

im confused??
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.