[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>invest years and years into music, music history, musicology,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: 1435980422223.jpg (306 KB, 1195x899) Image search: [Google]
1435980422223.jpg
306 KB, 1195x899
>invest years and years into music, music history, musicology, and learning studio engineering
>now have nothing in common with the average person when it comes to the arts
>can't help but cringe a little inside when others discuss music in naivety, even though it's obviously a dick thing to do

How do I reconcile this?
>>
>>63471366
/mu/ only cares about pop music outside of genre specific generals

you'll find a better answer elsewhere
>>
>>63471366
Well it's really possible to tell people they are wrong + you get to know if you can objectively explain music to non-initiated people

>inb4 >explain music
yeah I know faggot, you get the idea
>>
>>63471366
I like this image.
>>
I would open my mouth and hope the spit would fall in
>>
>>63471921
I'd spit back up at her desu.
>>
>>63471366
I wish a hot chick would do this to me. :(
>>
>>63471366
That pic happened to me in elementary school.
>>
The average person isn't especially good or knowledgeable at any specific thing, you shouldn't expect the people to meet to be able to discuss music with. If you do find one, then talk about with with him/her and be happy. Otherwise just find out what the person is interested in and maybe get into it yourself because the person probably knows way more about it than you do and has the same attitude towards you as you have towards people who don't know anything about music.
>>
>>63472040
You lucky motherfucker.
>>
>>63471408
this
/mu/ is no more a place about this kind of things.
I mean op obviously has different perspective about music as i do because he's learnt shit and theory and all i do musically is applying random effects to parts of samples on soundforge and arranging them on daw
but seriously, everyone on /mu/ now is normies and i miss the days it wasnt like this
>>
>>63471366
The spirit of the true artist doesn't need validation, especially from normies. Stare at a blank page until your ideas come to mind, then make them. Don't be inhibited by pointless fear. I believe in you, anon.
>>
>>63471366
Find interesting things to talk about in what you're saying. If someone is into music, you can still have a conversation with them, you just gotta do it on their terms, which usually isn't that difficult if you know enough about music culture. You can still use all that knowledge to talk about music with people, just try not to look down on them.
>>
>>63472157
I didn't really like it at the time. I was also confused as to why it was happening.
>>
>>63472231
Such is the situation when you are a kid.
>>
Anybody else here wish they were a cute shota that was taken advantage of by older women when they were younger?
>>
>>63472449
Nah, I just want mean love that's an even share.
>>
>>63471366
Find someone with equal knowledge and passion in something else and teach each other.
>>
>>63471366
it's easy, just don't be a huge douchebag

my friend is a mechanic, and i don't know shit about cars, but he doesn't feel the need to fucking look down upon me for that and we don't **HAVE** to talk shop like it's so god damn important. he has other people to do that with and is a multi faceted human.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.