[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do so many of you like Japanese music? It's not different
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: 1457494993956.gif (500 KB, 400x224) Image search: [Google]
1457494993956.gif
500 KB, 400x224
Why do so many of you like Japanese music? It's not different from music anywhere else who the fuck cares where it's from? Why are there never threads for something like French music or German music but every fucking day there's a jap music thread? No one's ever like "Yeah I really like American music I love Canadian music."

Weebs fuck off.
>>
>>63464509
>No one's ever like "Yeah I really like American music I love Canadian music."
There's a reason for that.
>>
>>63464636
Most Japanese music is just a carbon copy of Western styles though, so if American music is bad than Japanese music must be bad too.
>>
>>63464509
I make a french music thread now and then >>63464509
>>
>>63464509
The term "weeb" is not exclusive to the whole culture of Japan. There has been many outstanding albums to come out of the country, and a lot of influential scenes and genres came out of Japan. It's good to have a wide variety of music to listen to and not just sticking to stuff from the U.S.A which is probably what you listen to mostly OP
>>
>>63464713
I'm not saying it's bad to listen to anything from Japan I'm saying why do people focus on a specific nationality when listening to music and why does it only seem to be Japan that people do this with? I don't care where music's from as long as it sounds good but there's threads of people looking for SPECIFICALLY Japanese music and a lot of it isn't genres unique to the country/culture but rather their version of established genres.
>>
>>63464509
There culture could influence a different taste in music.
(I like music of all kinds, except for country. I only like On The Road Again.)
>>
File: lolwhet.jpg (41 KB, 640x616) Image search: [Google]
lolwhet.jpg
41 KB, 640x616
>>63464805
I'd also like to add there is a difference between listening to music because it's from a certain country compared to happening to like music a lot from a specific country. But, you could also say it's cool to like music from another country because of cultural differences, and the vocals. I think of Japanese music as instrumental music to some degree.
>>
Because Japs have their sound quirkiness. You can't deny groups like YMO are still unique.
>>
>>63464662
Most popular music throughout the entire world is carbon copies of American or British styles.
>>
>>63464798
I understand where you're coming from, but this is mainly a website that focuses on Japanese culture, whether people like It or not. If you want to start threads about music from other countries, nobody is stopping you
>>
There's lots and lots of great Japanese music, probably third only to America and the UK.
>>
>German music
Krautrock threads, retard.
>>
Why dont you just filter them out. I did
>>
Weebs
>>
>>63464509
>It's not different from music anywhere else who the fuck cares where it's from?

you answered your own question
>>
>>63464509
lets be completely honest: you'll find some way to hate on anything this board does that could be seen as constructive. you're not actually wondering why, you just want to cancer up this board even more
>>
>>63466134
Or it's just a question. I never said there was anything wrong with Japanese music you dickhead, just why are there people so focused on that nationality in particular on here.
>>63465019
Why would I? I don't hate it or care, it's a question and a lot of people seem to be overly defensive about it itt for whatever reason.
>>
>>63464509
>Why do so many of you like Japanese music?
Did you forget what website you are on or are you a newfag? The major theme of 4chan is Japanese culture and anime. Why would it surprise you that there are discussions of Japanese music on a site that is very Japanese-centric?

Even then, there are a lot of distinct Japanese bands and musicians.

>>63464509
>Why are there never threads for something like French music or German music
I'm guessing you've never heard of Krautrock, so you're obviously a newfag.
>>
>posting on a Costa Rican quilting board
>wonders why everyone talks about music from Costa Rico
>>
You're on fuckin 4chan bro
What did you expect
>>
>>63466378
no one comes here for anime anymore pham
most people discover this site because of the le dank memes on /b/ or more recently /pol/ and /v/. most people dont think of 4chan as an anime/weeb site.
i get what you mean though op is fucking retarded and should make sure he never has kids if he can't see why
>>
>>63464662
>carbon copy
That's where you're wrong my friendo
>>
>>63466456
This sadly. I guarantee OP came here for /b/ and then came here shortly afterwards.

Same thing happened to me. I never even watched an anime in my life until 3 years after I started visiting this site.
>>
File: CountriesMusic.png (15 KB, 149x904) Image search: [Google]
CountriesMusic.png
15 KB, 149x904
I don't really listen to much Japanese music though. And I listen to music in quite a few different languages.

Honestly I used to be a weeaboo so I kind of avoid Japanese music but I've found some stuff that's really good. Boris for instance.
>>
>>63466519
I've been here since 2009 and I've never watched one they're fucking childrens shows.
>>
>>63466836
Oh well look at the big mature Death Grips loving adult we have over here, what a big man you are
>>
>>63466903
>Death Grips
Nice projecting lad. I'm not interested in cartoons or animation so why would I watch anime? I haven't watched cartoons since I was a teenager.
>>
I've seen at least one French thread every day this past week tho
>>
>>63466941
DUDE
EPIC
BIG MAN HUH WITH YOUR BIG MAN ADULT DICK??? FUCK THAT WEEABOO GARBAGE HAHA! IM SO COOL AND EDGY POSTING ON AN ANIME IMAGEBOARD ABOUT HOW MUCH I DONT LIKE ANIME LOOK AT ME IM SO SPECIAL AND UNIQUE

Fucking chemically castrate yourself and swallow your fucking shriveled up nuts while you strangle yourself with your large intestine. I wish nothing but the worst on your mother, your father, your family, your friends, any future friends, any future girlfriends, any future lovers, any future children of yours, any pets, any associates. I wish them nothing but the most slow and painful death imaginable, and I want them to all suffer and wither away in front of YOUR eyes one by one while you are getting bludgeoned with a hammer.
>>
>>63467067
>>63466903 here, I cringed
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.