[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hamilton
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 5
What do you think of the first album to get a 5 star review on Billboard?
>>
wish people would shut the fuck up about it
>>
>>63463740
Sjw memery desu.
>>
>>63463740
it deserves it

fucking bonkers on every level
>>
Which is better? Death Grips or clipping?

Here's a hint:
Is MC Ride starring in the biggest musical on Broadway right now? Ha, I didn't think so.

clipping - 1
Pleb Grips - 0
>>
>>63464304
wew lad chill the edginess mr goodman
>>
Anyone got a download link for it?
>>
>>63464593
sent
>>
>>63464593
>HAMILTON
>2015.12.29 | Broadway | MP4 | MEGA | VERY LIMITED TRADE | Looking for MKV/VOB
>Daveed Diggs, Renée Elise Goldsberry, Jonathan Groff, Jasmine Cephas Jones, Lin-Manuel Miranda, Leslie Odom Jr., Okieriete Onaodowan, Anthony Ramos, Phillipa Soo
https://mega.nz/#F!8tU2WLrY!Putbj9nmQiqAF7dwjffN_w
>>
>>63464699
Thanks man
>>
>>63463740
That's not an album.
>>
>>63464764
That's a bootleg video of the musical, by the way. The fans (the Tumblr community) are really pissy about it because they want to "respect" Lin-Manuel Miranda's craft. I trade Theatre bootlegs and this isn't as SUPER RARE as everyone deems it to be, but it is pretty high in value, and there's this common consensus that it shouldn't be traded until the end of April as per respects of the original bootleg recorder. Anyway, it's really hard to find anywhere public because the fans (Tumblr) will report it in an instant, so enjoy. The recording is pretty good quality for an amateur shaky cam, you can tell the action and you can hear very clearly.
>>
>>63464699
>>63464832

By the way, it works. The first minute is black because it's being hidden but it becomes very clear with occasional zoom-ins on the action.
>>
>>63464764
see
>>63464859
>>
>>63464832
i can kind of understand why somebody would be pissed about it

but watching a bootleg of a musical isn't like watching a bootleg of a movie. you lose so much of the energy and sound quality that you would get from being there.

i'm willing to say that theater is actually un-piratable. there is no way to bottle the experience of seeing it live.

additionally i'm sure lin would understand than many people can't go to new york and pay 1000.00 dollars to enjoy his show.
>>
>>63464832
I was just looking for the soundtrack but I guess I'll just watch the full musical instead
>>
>>63464946
Yeah I'm all for artistic integrity but considering it's almost impossible to watch it, I'm sure Mr. Clipping would understand
>>
But seriously, am I the only one just finding out that Daveed Diggs is an actor?
>>
>>63464973
I mean I'd pay to see it but only like $200 and I live in Texas so fuck that
>>
>>63465007
He actually has a degree in Theatre.
>>
>>63465007
He also landed this show because he's close friends with Lin-Manuel Miranda, the writer/composer/lead actor of the show
>>
>>63465030
Yeah, just found that out through Wiki.

>>63465049
Neat.
>>
Guys, what's everybody's favourite songs:
>Ten Duel Commandments
>Room Where it Happens
>Schuyler Sisters
>The Reynolds Pamphlet ([spoiler]NEVER GONNA BE PRESIDENT NOW[/spoiler])
>What'd I Miss
>>
File: 25-hamilton-svu-004.w529.h352.jpg (55 KB, 529x352) Image search: [Google]
25-hamilton-svu-004.w529.h352.jpg
55 KB, 529x352
>>63465007
you might be, but when i first learned i was surprised as well.

he and the rest of the hamilton cast were featured on an episode of law and order recently which i'm excited to see. (leslie odom is a regular on the show)

honestly daveed is just sort of a polymath. i'm really hoping the next clipping album comes out sooner rather than later. with his theater career taking off i'm worried the group might not last.
>>
File: cover.jpg (3 MB, 1425x1425) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
3 MB, 1425x1425
>>63464593

anyway here:
https://mega.nz/#F!ksdxkIyJ!zjkcUAyj1H4DnSYcUojDEA
Hamilton - OBC

Recommended you watch this first:
>HAMILTON
>2015.12.29 | Broadway | MP4 | MEGA | VERY LIMITED TRADE | Looking for MKV/VOB
>Daveed Diggs, Renée Elise Goldsberry, Jonathan Groff, Jasmine Cephas Jones, Lin-Manuel Miranda, Leslie Odom Jr., Okieriete Onaodowan, Anthony Ramos, Phillipa Soo
https://mega.nz/#F!8tU2WLrY!Putbj9nmQiqAF7dwjffN_w

A bootleg video of the musical, by the way. The fans (the Tumblr community) are really pissy about it because they want to "respect" Lin-Manuel Miranda's craft. I trade Theatre bootlegs and this isn't as SUPER RARE as everyone deems it to be, but it is pretty high in value, and there's this common consensus that it shouldn't be traded until the end of April as per respects of the original bootleg recorder. Anyway, it's really hard to find anywhere public because the fans (Tumblr) will report it in an instant, so enjoy. The recording is pretty good quality for an amateur shaky cam, you can tell the action and you can hear very clearly. The first minute is black because it's being hidden but it becomes very clear with occasional zoom-ins on the action.
>>
>>63465101
>favorite songs
alexander hamilton and the kings tracks are all gold

otherwise probably
>non stop
>say no to this
how are the female vocals on this track soo good?
>the room where it happened
>hurricane
>the reynolds pamphlet

"have you ever seen somebody ruin they own life?"

your obedient servant is so good too. it's hard to choose. that's kind of what makes the musical so good.
>>
>>63465412
>>>say no to this
>how are the female vocals on this track soo good?

It's funny how the woman who plays Maria also plays Peggy, so in Act I, you see her as this very young timid girl who has to tag along just to get herself recognized but then in Act II, she's this very seductive beltress whose range rivals Mariah Carey (Also, Maria and Mariah are pronounced the same. Lin, did you do that on purpose?).

I just love the transformations with Lafayette/Jefferson, Mulligan/Madison and Peggy/Maria. (Anthony Ramos plays Phillip the same as he plays Laurens, though.)
>>
>>63464832
>I trade Theatre bootlegs
Do you have Lazarus?
>>
>>63465494
>>63465412

Also, it's funny. The guy who plays her father, Phillip Schuyler (he's mute so he's not in the soundtrack) also plays her husband James Reynolds.

Also, on the topic of cast incest, the woman who plays Maria/Peggy is dating the man playing Laurens/Phillip Hamilton in real life, so Phillip is dating his aunt.

>>63465530
Sadly, I don't. I did a quick search and I'm not sure if a boot of it exists. I'll be out on the lookout for it though.
http://anothernationalanthem.weebly.com/
>>
>>63465494
cool. i've been able to pick up on some of these things (daveed being both lafayette and jefferson is obvious) but just listening to the songs it's not always obvious who is doing incidental characters and such.
>>
>>63465587
Here's something from the libretto: Their names are never said in the musical but the women who Philip talks to at the beginning of Blow Us All Away are named after Jefferson and Madison's wives.

The woman who Jefferson addresses as Sally during What'd I Miss (she's mute so she's not in the recording) also plays the woman named after his wife in Blow Us All Away. Sally Hemings was a slave that Jefferson had an affair with and was the half-sister of his wife.
>>
>>63465583
Ah, thanks anyways anon
>>
>>63465644
the girls who call him a fox and shit? cool

i had to look up 'libretto'. are you just generally into musical theater?
>>
>>63465685

feel free to contact me, my email is in
http://anothernationalanthem.weebly.com/rulescontact.html and I'll send you a bootleg of it if I ever find it.

>>63465689
Yep, that's them. One more tidbit about someone of the mute doubling, I'm not sure if this was intentional or significant from the director's perspective but the guy who plays Charles Lee (the ex-general that Laurens duels in Ten Duel Commandments) plays George Eaker's second during Blow Us All Away.

Yeah, I am into Musical Theatre, but I want to get into actual theatre because about 60-75% of the musicals out there aren't that great and I want to go where the quality is, but musicals still have a large place in my heart because when it happens to be great, it's REALLY great.
>>
Some other things that were left out of the recording:
>Laurens' "death" scene in between Dear Theodosia and Non-Stop
>Eliza screaming at the end of Stay Alive (reprise)
>Here's something that only translates in the actual staging. At the end of the finale number, they break the fourth wall by answering the refrain of "who lives, who dies, who tells your story?" with the ghost of Alexander Hamilton showing Eliza the actual audience of the show, the show ends with Eliza sounding one gasp of shock over the legacy that Hamilton has created.
>>
Hey OP here, can we also turn this into a general musical thread?

/th/ when Hiroshimoot?
>>
>>63465881
i always thought that was a weird transition

>>63465790
are you trying to actually go into theater yourself?
>>
File: 1458420738000.png (366 KB, 585x575) Image search: [Google]
1458420738000.png
366 KB, 585x575
>>63463740
its shit lol
>https://medium.com/@lowenaffchen/you-should-be-terrified-that-people-who-enjoy-hamilton-run-our-country-a67f4ad11f2b#.42exuemae
>>
>>63465961
>i always thought that was a weird transition
It was cut from the soundtrack because Lin liked how he would always listen to cast recordings and when he actually saw the musical live, there would be some surprises absent from the recording and because it's more of a scene than an actual song. What basically happens is this: Throughout this scene, the ghost of Laurens is under a spotlight and sings a reprise of Hamilton's part of The Story of Tonight ("I may not live to see our glory, but I've seen wonders great and small"). Dear Theodosia has just ended and Eliza says that a letter has arrived but Hamilton is too enamored over the birth of his son to have read it. Eliza then says that it's from Laurens' father who writes that Laurens has died during the battle of Yorktown. After hearing the news, Hamilton becomes inspired and says "I have work to do". That's how the transition worked in the actual musical.

>>63465961
I don't want to use Theatre as my main source of income, Theatre is never viable in that regard. I am very interested in directing in the side.
>>
>>63464304
woah that's him?
that's awesome
>>
CAUSE I'M JUST LIKE MY COUNTRY
I'M YOUNG, SCRAPPY AND HUNGRY
>>
>>63466089
>>63465961
Also, it's significant from a thematic standpoint because Hamilton ("Raise a glass to freedom") and Laurens ("Tomorrow there'll be more of us") both quote eachother during their last thought. In real life, it is suggester in their letters to eachother that they might have had an affair with eachother. Lin wrote Hamilton as if he were bisexual but it was only slightly subtle ("Laurens, I like you a lot" in My Shot and also in the live show, they share a few intimate glances at eachother)
>>
the whole concept is kinda cringeworthy
>>
It's tumblr shit. Like that fucking History of Japan video.
>>
>>63466152
hamilton does come off as a bit queer, if not sexually then just in general. he is a strange guy who rarely seems to think about societal norms as much as he does lofty ideas.

he has a bit of an andy warhol quality to him. wanting to just work all the time and obsess over his interests.
>>
my sister loves this shit and won't stop fucking quoting it because she knows i like clipping
>>
It's not bad but I'm friends with a bunch of theater people and they will not shut the fuck up about it so I'm over it

I'm glad that Daveed Diggs is in it though. He's crazy good at throwing down a verse
>>
>>63466239
bang her desu
>>
>>63466239
>>63466253
huh that's funny

i have a ton of rap friends and no theater friends...so i've been desperate to talk about it. my friends like clipping but won't give hamilton a chance.

it's really addictive. the characterization and plot points really add something to it.
>>
Who here actually seen it live?
>>
>>63465191
apparently the next Clipping album is supposed to be coming soon, along with a Daveed solo tape. I wonder what things are going to be like for the band now that Daveed is blowing up
>>
Do normies listen to clipping because of this?
>>
>>63466563
probably not? i dunno. i have never listened to daveed's other stuff despite liking clipping.

>>63466523
>apparently the next Clipping album is supposed to be coming soon
i remember hearing that it was basically done a long while back. before hamilton even. finding time to produce new music, not to mention tour, sounds very tricky though.
>>
>>63466677
they posted recently about how they were still working on it. it sounds mostly done, though
>>
>>63465530
Hey friend, someone just contacted me on having an audio for Lazarus. Unfortunately it isn't a video, but you can still listen to the full show.

I'll be posting it here, but if you want me to stay in touch with you so that you can get a video of it if I could get one, my email is at http://anothernationalanthem.weebly.com/rulescontact.html
>>
>>63465530
>>63467050
HERE: http://www.mediafire.com/download/5ocs3530v55b1b2/Lazarus+11615M.zip
>>
>>63465101
Non Stop by far

The Room Where It Happens, Burn, You'll Be Back, and Your Obedient Servant are near flawless though
>>
>>63466013
What a horseshit article

>people looked dumb while auditioning on americas got talent its the same thing here because they're also dressing up!!
>people only like it because diversity
>it didn't cover all of hamilton's beliefs!
>>
Please i just want to talk about this show
>>
Please
>>
Cmon
>>
Bumpppp
>>
The cut songs that used to be on YouTube were all really great
(Dear Theodsia (Reprise), Congratulations, and the cut verse from The Adams Administration)
>>
>>63468147
>>63468184
>>63468338
>>63468424
>>63468576
Jesus christ fuck off
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.