[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What mp3 player do you lug around, /mu/? Is pic related really
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 9
File: 61oIYTZKlQL._SX522_.jpg (10 KB, 522x411) Image search: [Google]
61oIYTZKlQL._SX522_.jpg
10 KB, 522x411
What mp3 player do you lug around, /mu/? Is pic related really the best and cheapest?
>>
Mp3 player- phone
>>
Samsung Galaxy S5 w/ 200 gb microSD running CM 12.1
>>
>>63444804
My phone because I'm from /g/ u pleb
>>
Honestly carrying around a little plastic mp3 player if you're doing anything but running is basically white sneakers and cargo shorts tier now
>>
>>63444804
iPod Classic. I have one of those Sansa Clips for running but I'm just gonna get one of those armband cases for the iPod instead. Nothing beats being able to store all your music and actually having a convenient interface for it.

But really mp3 players are kinda outdated. The only reason I have one is because I have a shitty iPhone 5c with virtually no storage space.
>>
Ipod nano 5th gen
>>
>>63445441
I run long distances and hate carrying my phone
Is a sandisk with an SD card my best choice
Should I get a sport or jam?
>>
>>63447651
Worked for me. I've had several Sansa Clips and loved them to Death.
>>
my cell phone
>>
>>63444804
Get the one with the physical buttons on them, not the touch interface.
>>
>>63445441
>basically white sneakers and cargo shorts tier
>caring about such trivial shit
I don't have use for one myself just using my phone, but what a ridiculously silly reason to avoid using one
>>
>>63445441
nah m8 an mp3 player is good for any gym like activity or if you want to listen to music in public without disturbing others. I've yet to find a phone that doesn't cut out one channel when using headphones
>>
File: file.jpg (107 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
file.jpg
107 KB, 960x540
Fiio X1 + 128gb SD card, solid and cheap
>>
File: nds_lite3.jpg (12 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
nds_lite3.jpg
12 KB, 300x300
>>63444804
DSlite with MoonShell fuck you getonmylevel REEEEEEE!!!!

seriously though, this is how I listen to music. Plays mp3, m4a, little shaky with FLAC, up to 16 gb (infinite memory if you carry multiple micro cards)
>>
File: Sansa_Clip_Zip[1].jpg (494 KB, 1126x1585) Image search: [Google]
Sansa_Clip_Zip[1].jpg
494 KB, 1126x1585
best of the best
>>
>>63444804

Can't install Rockbox on that model, and I think there's something weird about the SD card memory being stupid too (can't create playlists with files from both onboard and expandable storage or something).
>>
>>63448703
Sound quality is shit though.
>>
i still use a zunehd although its pretty fucked now
like it randomly fucks up songs by playing different songs in their place (like listening to an album but in the middle of it, it cuts to some other album while still showing the original album)
it doesnt keep track of plays anymore and muh scrobbles are fucked. when i do try to record scrobbles, a bunch of shit that isnt on the zune shows up with high listen counts

i need to replace it soon

>>63448703
i used to do that when my ipod broke
>>
>>63448734
does it have gapless playback between songs like ipods do?
>>
Still loyal to my Samsung USB stick. Too bad the capacity is a tad low. I'd like to upgrade it but I can't find a decent small mp3 player on the market. I tried a SanDisk one but it sounded like shit.
>>
I use my Nexus 6. Yes it's kinda uncomfortable because it's really big but 32gb is enough for me, also A E S T H E T I C music players seal the deal for me.
>>
>>63448172
Same
Love it
Tho going through artists takes a while
>>
Cowon X9.

I like it.
>>
I use a Fiio X3, it doubles as a DAC for me when I'm away from home for long periods (which happens a lot) and pairs really well with my IEMs (AT IM-02).

64GB SD card.
>>
Good ol' Sansa Clip+ with external SD card. Yet to disappoint me
>>
File: 1455669263198.png (147 KB, 341x334) Image search: [Google]
1455669263198.png
147 KB, 341x334
my htc one m8. dropped it and nicked it countless times and it still works and the screen hasn't cracked once. the DAC/amp is one of the better ones I've heard outside of iPhones. can't hear any distortion and it can get quite loud.

the assortment of music players and opus support seals the deal on it. storage space isn't an issue when your music sounds crystal clear at 128 vbr.

phones are superior to DAPs
>>
File: Creative Zen Vision M.jpg (124 KB, 387x711) Image search: [Google]
Creative Zen Vision M.jpg
124 KB, 387x711
>>
It's a piece of shit but I use it because of the battery life.
>>
160 gb iPod Classic
>>
>>63450178
ipods are nice and all but holy fuck do I hate itunes
>>
File: Zune120.jpg (52 KB, 1024x759) Image search: [Google]
Zune120.jpg
52 KB, 1024x759
>>
>>63450237

use winamp with plugins?

not that hard to avoid iTunes man
>>
>>63447924
Every phone i've had i have to perfectly twist the headphones in the input jack to get both ears to work. I've tried multiple headphones to
>>
My phone because i'm not a poor nigger
>>
All the well received Sansa are a little too expensive now. Are there some good alternatives?, a cheap sd-card slot player that can play FLAC and isnt connected to itunes.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.