[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What made David Bowie so universally loved? Have you met anyone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2
File: 1458157314857.jpg (160 KB, 980x929) Image search: [Google]
1458157314857.jpg
160 KB, 980x929
What made David Bowie so universally loved?
Have you met anyone who didn't like Bowie?
>>
>>63436254
i don't like him
>>
I don't like Bowie. AMA.
>>
I don't like him very much either. I don't know if I ever "met" myself though.
>>
>>63436297
Why?
>>
>>63436254
I actually don't enjoy Bowie, he's just not my type of music.
>>
Bowie is boring.
>>
>>63436377
It's called having taste, maybe you should try it
>>
>>63437049
>I actually don't enjoy Bowie
That just means you aren't a homosexual
>>
Tumblrinos
>>
My stepfather looks just like David Bowie but he hates David Bowie

I think Bowie's cool
>>
>>63436350
"I don't know if i ever "met" myself though."
>WE PASSED UPON A STAIR
>>
>>63436294
>>63436297
>>63436350
>>63437049
>>63437080
>>63437082
>>63437132

There's no water anymore, it's all just bait
>>
It's because he has reinvented himself so many times that you are guaranteed to find something to like from him.
>>
>>63437282
post pic of stepdad
>>
>>63437378
But he never managed to reinvent himself into anything good
>>
>>63437356
why is it automatically bait if you didn't like him?
>>
>>63437378
I do like him, he's just never made anything that I can LOVE. Although fuck, if I give Blackstar a few more spins that might actually be the one.
>>
>>63437356
triggered
>>
>>63437461
no one is saying why
>>
>>63436254

FUCK YOU, CAPTAIN TOM
>>
Can we just say he was nice guy?
In his interviews he just seems to be the most humble and amiable guy to ever become a rock star.
>>
>universally
I fucking hate him, so...
>>
>>63436254
I don't enjoy his work.
>>
>>63437826
David Bowie turned marketing into the essence of his art. All great phenomena of popular music, from Elvis Presley to the Beatles, had been, first and foremost, marketing phenomena (just like Coca Cola and Barbie before them); however, Bowie turned that into an art of its own. With Bowie the science of marketing becomes art; art and marketing become one.

Bowie was a protagonist of his times, although a poor musician: to say that Bowie is a musician is like saying that Nero was a harp player (a fact that is technically true, but misleading). Bowie embodies the quintessence of artificial art, raises futulity to paradigm, focuses on the phenomenon rather than the content, makes irrelevant the relevant, and, thus, is the epitome of everything that went wrong with rock music.

>he even turned his own death into a lame marketing stunt for his last album
>>
>>63438781
Times where Scaruffi got it right
>>
>>63438816
(not true by the way)
>>
File: bugs but it works.png (180 KB, 430x422) Image search: [Google]
bugs but it works.png
180 KB, 430x422
>>63437356
Yeah cool, buddy
>>
>>63436254
Myself
>>
>>63438781
>ask /mu/ why they think something
>they copy and paste a thing someone else wrote
>>
I've met someone who didnt know Bowie
>>
I don't really like bowie. I just see it, the older pre-80's things, as sth that's still useable. All those, It was a team-effort. Face it, not bowie, bowie and friends. Did that myself, good results, works. Visconti and shit, you can hardly downplay his genius on it, all the guitarists and bassists and shit. Bowie started sucking when it all became 'bowie the superstar'. Face it, is factso.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.