[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do people actually enjoy this or do they just pretend to like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: Merzbow-pulsedemon.jpg (47 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
Merzbow-pulsedemon.jpg
47 KB, 350x350
Do people actually enjoy this or do they just pretend to like it as a joke?
>>
Nobody even pretends to like that, it's commonly regarded as one of Merzbow's worst popular albums.
>>
>>63426248
how do you even quantify it on that level?
>>
i swear its the same person making these threads every day
>>
I like to think its a joke that everyone is in on except for me
>>
>>63426248
I think it's kind of popular to shit on this album, but it's a lot better than people make it out to be. It isn't as good as a lot of his other stuff, but it is good as a barrage of noise with no dynamic range.
>>
>>63426361
>how do you even quantify it on that level?
have you ever listened to Merzbow? He has different periods that sound nothing like Pulse Demon.
https://youtu.be/32FJL3Xg6Y0
>>
>>63426639
It's not a joke. If you can't even understand the enjoyment people get out of noise music then you are the literal definition of a pleb. It stuns me how many people claim to be into music yet can't wrap their heads around something so simple as noise music. Do you also look at a Basquiat painting and say that it looks like garbage?
>>
>>63426746
You make a good point, noise should be one of the most primal forms of music to understand.
>>
Noise music is binural beats for people with extreme autism
>>
>>63425461
I like to listen to it when I'm sad and I just want to lie in bed and stare at the ceiling
>>
>>63426829
Noise is not music
>>
>>63426746
>If you can't even understand the enjoyment people get out of LITERALLY THE SOUND OF STATIC FLUCTUATING IN PITCH then you are the literal definition of a pleb
This isn't your every day autism. This is extreme autism.
>>
>>63426965
Okay
>>
>>63426746
965 here continued...
Keep in mind that I love hearing cacophonous ear-bleeding noise influence within other genres of music (noise pop, noise rock, noise hop), but it's the contrast of sounds that the noise brings to the table that makes it interesting. Sort of like, when comparing it to metal, a pinch harmonic or an occasional guitar wank or a drum fill. Harsh noise, like Merzbow, is practically just too much of a good thing. If it doesn't contrast with anything, the pleasure is completely lost.
>>
>>63426913
Noise is music
>>
>>63427162
Standalone noise can also be good in moderation. Something like Metal Machine Music sounds amazing if you listen to it for like four minutes.
>>
>>63426674
Thanks for this, I'm new to merzbow (listened to 1930, pulse demon, merzbeat, merzbuta, and merzxiu) and this is great
>>
>>63426674
I've never heard this before, this is great
>>
>>63427294
You should listen to Venereology, it's my favorite.
>>
>>63427432
>>63427294
no problem, glad you like it
>>
>>63427434
I'll add it to my to-listen list.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.