[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cage the elephant general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: album.jpg (144 KB, 539x539) Image search: [Google]
album.jpg
144 KB, 539x539
What's your official take? I think it's pretty gud. They've been pretty consistent with their sound and lyrics. Curios to see that /mu/ thinks. Also Cage the Elephant thread
>>
>pretty consistent with their sound
Dan Auerbach leave please
>>
>>63421087
This album cover is fucking amazing, does the album sound anything like it?
>>
>>63421362
it sounds more like pic related.

In other words. it's shit compared to their first two LP's
>>
If this album was their third album it would make more sense, TMIP is a step back from Melophobia but by no means a bad album at all
>>
>>63421542
forgot pic
>>
>>63421620
You forgot it again you fucking dumbass.
>>
alright let me try that again. it sounds like PIC RELATED
>>
>>63421087
Shake Me Down was an utterly phenomenal sophomore album single after their normie meme-tier Ain't No Rest For The Wicked

Too bad the rest of their subsequent discog wasn't able to rise to that standard
>>
>>63421087
Of the four its my least favorite. I dont have much to say why it just doesn't sound good lol. Melophobia and TYHB are awesome, Melophobia especially.
>>
saw them last night, good show, Matt Schultz knows how to put on a performance, melophobia the only release that I'd really call anything more than average
>>
>>63421729
Shake Me Down is such a wussy song lmao. The singles from Melophobia are so much better.
>>
>>63421946
You shut your whore mouth when the men are talking

Shake Me Down had dynamic variations that felt like they were ripped from the best kinds of late 80s and early 90s noise rock. Hell, it was the only major (normie) rock single of the past half decade that I can think of that that wasn't another monotonous overcompressed drone.

There's nothing "wussy" about that
>>
>>63422171
>likes Cage the Elephant
>thinks he has the right to call himself a man

Literally off yourself
>>
I liked that one song from Borderlands.
>>
>>63422171
I have a similar feeling about "always something." Generally as far as modern rock goes it's pretty good, better than shit like vampire weekend
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.