[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think about T. Rex? Pretty great glam.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: trex_1354801692.jpg (60 KB, 622x622) Image search: [Google]
trex_1354801692.jpg
60 KB, 622x622
What do you think about T. Rex? Pretty great glam.
>>
I swear to god Marc Bolan had like magical ears those grooves are from another planet
>>
Slider better than electric warrior desu
>>
>>63415680
>Pretty great glam.

well he invented it
>>
if he made it to the 80s and fully embraced the 80s sound T.Rex would probably be the greatest band of all-time
It's like Minutemen before Minutemen
>>
Almost as good as Bowie.
>>
>>63415680
Buick Mackane makes me speed. I literally won't play it in the car.
>>
>>63416312
nah
Bowie
is way.better
>>
>>63418126
>>63416312
T. Rex was better at glam than Bowie but Bowie overall is better, though I do believe if Marc had not have died they would have very close competition.
>>
>>63415680
Pretty rad desu.
>>
20th Century Boy is fucking amazing
>>
>>63415680
Love the bastard!
>>
T. Rex is the shit. Love Marc Bolan
>>
>>63415680
I would love to hear his Blackstar if he lived longer
>>
My mom met Marc Bolan in a Pittsburgh airport in 1975. He was just standing alone, waiting for his chauffeur or something, and noticed her. He warmed up to receive fan attention. But she was still a teenager and a huge Stones fan, and had a lips logo patch on the butt of her jeans, so for some stupid reason she snubbed him by walking away with the ass-patch facing him.
>>
Pretty good. Electric Warrior and The Slider are two of my favorite albums
>>
What is there to hear in glam rock besides Bowie, T. Rex, Lou Reed, Iggy and Roxy Music?

I'm digging this genre so far
>>
>>63420690
I remember when you shared this story before.
>>
>>63420936
new york dolls
>>
>>63420936
The Sweet
>>
>>63420936
Roy Wood
>>
>>63420936
COCKNEY REBELS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNNTBY-Uw3Y
>>
>>63420936
Brett Smiley

He just died this year too, on Bowie's birthday. Which is kind of a funny coincidence since he was a Bowie knockoff.
>>
>>63420960
I always thought it was a fun anecdote.
>>
>>63420936
The first two Manic Street Preachers albums are god-tier Glam-punk with mixed with alternative rock. Same for Shudder To Think.

Also, Sparks - Kimono My House is essential glam.
>>
the only song I like is Mambo sun

all of his other stuff just sounds like generic glam rock
>>
>>63420917
shit, Bolan got it going
>>
>>63420625
This
>>
>>63416181
songwriting maybe, but the production is too lavish. there's something way more intimate about electric warrior. it's like the perfect "rock record"
>>
>>63420936
ty segall's new album emotional mugger for pretty good, weird, new glam
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.