[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Funeral music
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: dog-funeral-flowers[1].jpg (95 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
dog-funeral-flowers[1].jpg
95 KB, 720x540
>uncle died from leukaemia
>at "humanist" funeral at crematorium
>everyone's very upset
>master of ceremonies (or whatever the secular equivalent of priest is called) announces that they will now play a piece of music that meant an awful lot to my uncle and hoped it would help us have a quite moment of self reflection.

>"ooooo exciting. I wonder what they will play"
>tears for fears - Everybody wants to rule the world https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-O3kYrDPbI

I still don't know what to make of this experience

What single song would you have played at your funeral /mu/?
>>
poor pup
>>
>>63399732
my uncle wasn't the pup. he was a human being.

I thought the pup pic would lighten up the subject matter a bit
>>
>>63399773
>my uncle wasn't the pup. he was a human being.
you sure?
>>
prince - lets go crazy
>>
>>63399662
"Denn alles Fleisch, es ist wie Gras"
>>
>>63399803
yeah.
>>
Sorry to hear that OP. That's actually kind of a badass choice on your uncle's part - amazing anti-establishment 80s pop anthem that's not sad or mournful in the slightest.

I've thought about what I want played at my own, but I can't decide if it should be something sad and emotional that will make people cry or something uplifting and happy
>>
>>63399662
that's a good song.
>>
>>63399847
If I go the sad and mournful route, it's most likely going to be Jimmy Cliff - Many Rivers to Cross
>>
>>63399662
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MNAktk9ei8

sorry its a video game
>>
something by henryck gorecki or arvo part.

one of those classical music pieces that they use in documentaries about the holocaust. I really want people to start wailing and utterly fall apart.
>>
>>63399847
i mean the song always felt kinda sad to me - def not a banger. its weirdly sad as well, not traditionally sad.

i like the idea of having a dance song at my funeral i posted this:>>63399834

but i also might like something uplifting and beautiful, like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRQG5TV7Pm0
>>
>wanting a funeral and not a wake
>>
Julius Eastman - Evil Nigger
I know the only person who would attend would get it.
>>
>>63399662
they BLASTED ac/dc at my grandpa's funeral - dude was an asshole and i dislike that band but that's a golden move, good on him
>>
>>63399887

> I really want people to start wailing and utterly fall apart.

wtf
>>
>>63399955
dubtripsdubs

falling apart and pissing your pants with anguish is therapeutic
>>
>>63400027
>falling apart and pissing your pants with anguish is therapeutic

hmm ok

i thought you were just a dick lol

i feel like playing sad music at my funeral would be dumb because it would be presuming anyone would be sad
>>
come as you are by nirvana, the unplugged version
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.