[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /mu/. How many of you actually play instruments?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 5
Hey /mu/. How many of you actually play instruments?
>>
Vocals are the best instrument of all time, if you can't master that you are nothing.
>>
>>63395283
>Saxophone under brass
w e w
>>
>>63395283
does guitar hero count?
>>
>>63395283
saxophone I could have excused but
>clarinet under brass
>>
>>63395360
I just picked a random image off of google images.>>63395375
No it doesn't. Unless you can 100% Through the Fire and Flames on the Expert.
>>
>>63395283
Percussion and Euphonium
>>
>>63395418
OP here. The image doesn't even have a woodwind section. Image will now be thrown into trash pile.
>>
>>63395283
I play no instruments, I'm shit with my fingers, litearlly the only musical thing I can do is play around 20 seconds of ode to joy on keyboard.
I can't even use 2 hands on the keyboard, I really want to play guitar though, can anyone give or link me some tips or tutorials on how to get better with my fingers/play guitar?
I also cannot read sheet music whatsoever.

Please help :(
>>
Play most "rock"-oriented instruments (drums,bass, and guitar) But mostly I play tenor saxophone. Can compose on a piano but it takes time for me to get my hands comfortable to move around so i can play chords and melodies.
>>
I'm a classically trained double bassist, and I also play a bit of piano, guitar, and I own a sanshin which I play every once and a while. And I'm starting percussion next year
>>
guitar/bass/drums/can bullshit my way through synths/vocals/clarinet
>>
>>63395283
I play guitar but I hate /gg/. No discussion about music is possible there because it's just dorks discussing the tech side of things
>>
Been playing piano since I was 6, never really done anything with it though.
>>
>>63395283
>own a whole rock band
>can't play for shit
>>
>>63395470
Woodwinds are for bitches and faggots
>>
File: 1455161489264.png (673 KB, 627x619) Image search: [Google]
1455161489264.png
673 KB, 627x619
>>63395283
what in the flying fuck is this image
>>
>>63395542
There is a guitar general thread on /mu/ right now with links in the OP that will direct you to what you need to start off. Fair well senpai
>>
>>63395375
>does guitar hero count?
You can turn the guitar hero guitar into some controller. I did that once, to try.
Some band actually use guitar hero as controllers instead of guitar and posted the how to do it on their page.
>>
>>63395645
what the fuck else would you talk about?
>hey man do you know the riff to x song
>no man but I can play a Db7 using one finger
>>
>>63395729
You're a bitch and a faggot
>>
>>63395542
>>63395758
>guitar
Don't start on a fucking meme instrument. Learn synthesizer, it'll outmode everything else soon anyway.
>>
>>63395768
Surely a broader discussion is possible. It's like everyone forgot why they have a guitar in the first place and are just wanking over the electronics
>>
>>63395807
I play both.
There are advantages and disadvantages to both, each can do things the other cannot.
But your post is bait anyways, so I don't even know why I'm replying.
>>
>>63395776
I know you are but what am I?
>>
File: tribbles.jpg (48 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
tribbles.jpg
48 KB, 640x480
>>63395888
I was memeing with my meme and serious with my suggestion tbqh
Also nice tribbles
>>
>>63395542
>I play no instruments, I'm shit with my fingers,
There are some percussion instruments you play with your hands.

Also try some of those *phone like xylophone instruments you play with mallets.
The world is your oister, as people made *phone with everything, some even made a ice one
>>
Primarily play acoustic western guitar, but also own

>Oud
>mandolin
>recorder ensemble (except bass)
>Xaphoon (lovely instrument, one of my favs)
>blues harp D
>Microbrute
>small electric organ
>casio sa-2
>Korg monotron
>Kalimba
>Aliexpress tambourin

Lot's of small, relatively cheap instruments. I like instruments, even though in not a virtuoso or anything

intend to also get a Ocarina, Hulusi, Bass recorder, Clavichord, but will probably save up for an OP-1
>>
>>63395835
I think the point is that /gg/ got bored of talking about the same shit over and over so they found another topic
>>
I know how to play all of the following instruments

>Timbrel
>Shac-shacs
>Shekere
>Cabasa
>Güiro
>Claves
>Darbuka
>Asalato
>Agogô
>Vibraslap

I don't want to brag but I'm very advanced musically compared to the average /mu/tant.
>>
>>63395283
i play guitar, bass, piano, didgeridoo, ocarina, drums, and im working on my singing voice
>>
>>63398591
>>Timbrel
>>Shac-shacs
>>Shekere
>>Cabasa
>>Güiro
>>Claves
>>Darbuka
>>Asalato
>>Agogô
>>Vibraslap
im going to assume this post was a joke
>>
>>63395283
i play guitar and drums, voice too.
I've been picking up the shamisen too because I really love the way it sounds.

I wish I could say I played piano but only one hand (although pretty fluidly. Just can't fucking multitask hands)
>>
>>63395283
i tried ..but i gave up
>>
>Join an already-established band
>find out Pitchfork gave their album a 3
wat do
>>
I take skin flute lessons from your mom bitch
>>
>>63400800
so you play her skin flute
>>
>>63400825
let's just say i'm not scared of using my tongue
>>
>>63395738
hehehe ..interesting art .....bizarre.....

trying to keep the heat in perhaps???
or just taking an interesting photo for arts sake
or this ........
>>
>>63400886
theres a difference between art and prop humor
>>
>>63400886
i ment le op u dingus lol
>>
how come string instruments are way better than any other class of instruments
you gotta be at least a defcon 3 geek to play anything else except maybe drums
>>
I can play Surfs Up and God Only Knows on the piano and all of the Georgian modes very fastly but I have no proper technique

I mostly compose and arrange stuff for a lot of different voices
>>
>>63398591
>mfw these are all real instruments
>mfw no face
>>
>>63399412
Why tho?
>>
>>63401038
>I don't want to brag but I'm very advanced musically
>posts list of basic percussion instruments
>>
>>63401060
but do YOU know how to play them?
>>
I'm trying to teach myself the piano I really want a mellotron!
>>
>>63395283
Guitar
Bass
Synth
Computer
Piano
Flute
Mandolin

I wouldn't really say I play the flute and mandolin. I just learned enough to play them in a couple songs. I suppose I can play basic chords and scales on any western-tuned string instrument.
>>
>>63401074
yes, and many more instruments aswell
>>
>>63395283
Bass guitar for 8 years, plus I'm alright at guitar and vocals and I know my way around drums, keys, and sax
>>
About 12 of us. The rest just take pictures.
>>
>>63401099
>I suppose I can play basic chords and scales on any western-tuned string instrument.
I betcha can't play any bowed instrument though
>>
Piano/synths.
>>
>>63401205
sadly, no. I use a bow on the bass and guitar, but I'd love to buy a cello.

>tfw poor
>tfw can't afford tenor sax
>>
>>63401272
it's so much better to master one instrument than suck at many. not saying you suck because I obviously never heard you but I just don't understand this mentality of buying in playing so much instruments before you become really excellent at one. Also by looking at this thread seems like that's what everyone here are doing. It just seems to really limit you.
>>
>>63401471
underage b&
>>
Ok, but how many of you are actually good at what you play?
>>
>>63401622
I passed an exam (my first and last) at 8.25/10
>>
>>63401622
i went to a prestigious music school for 4 years and have played in alot of concerts
>>
>ctrl+f violin
>0 results
where are my violin bros
>>
File: meinl-rides-970-80.jpg (63 KB, 970x545) Image search: [Google]
meinl-rides-970-80.jpg
63 KB, 970x545
Drums for about 9 years and a bunch of other percussion like timbales and bongos but I take them nowhere near as serious as kit. Also any other drummers playing master race Meinl?
>>
>>63395760
which one?
link?
>>
>>63395283
I play Electric Bass
>>
I can play anything in thr clarinet family. I main bass clarinet though
>>
>>63401622
>>63401925
I've competed my music college graduate-level piano performance diploma, I'm diploma-level on the violin and I sing professionally. Also I play guitar for my band and solo project, and I occasionally play organ for money at baptisms/weddings/services.
>>
>>63402051
>meinl byzance
muh nigga. the dry line are my jam
>>
I play guitar, sing, and write my own songs.

I have played harmonica, violin, keyboards before they got sold, I still have an old piano that will probably never get fixed and I still need to learn actual chords on piano.

I want to learn bass next, and I already compose music using software, and recorded sound samples.
>>
>>63395283
I play drums, I'm decent enough to play with bands.

Also can i do some keyboard, iffy keyboard but keyboard nonetheless.
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.