[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are /mu/'s thoughts on pic related?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: LetItBe_0.jpg (150 KB, 1220x1220) Image search: [Google]
LetItBe_0.jpg
150 KB, 1220x1220
What are /mu/'s thoughts on pic related?
>>
God-tier
>>
would piss on it
>>
PHIL SPECTOR ON DA TRACK
>>
too much paul not enough john
>>
File: The_Beets_-_Let_It_Beet.jpg (46 KB, 280x280) Image search: [Google]
The_Beets_-_Let_It_Beet.jpg
46 KB, 280x280
>>
a mix of good and bad tracks creating a forgettable whole
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1G3vnc6WhY
>>
SUPERIOR VERSION

1. Two of Us (LIB version)
2. Dig a Pony (LIB version)
3. Across the Universe (Naked version)
4. I Me Mine (Naked Version)
5. Dig It (longer version sourced from 4-minute cut)
6. Let It Be (Naked version)
7. I've Got a Feeling (Naked version)
8. One After 909 (LIB version)
9. The Long and Winding Road (Naked version)
10. For You Blue (Naked version)
11. Don't Let Me Down
12. Maggie Mae
13. Get Back (LIB version)
>>
>>63378502
Good but not their best
>>
george's tracks and spector made it great
>>
>>63378577
Holy shit how did I not know about this
>>
>>63378625
Spector's Winding Road is a whole lot better
>>
>>63378502
It's amazing and so is the Naked version. Both are essential for Beatles heads. The production is pretty hammy on the original but that makes it stand out in the Beatles discography. John Lennon's sense of humor really shone through on it, but it was completely lost on Naked.

It's not my favorite Beatles album by any stretch but it may very well have my favorite Beatles song.
>>
>>63378502
Hell be fine
>>
>>63378840
>In an interview published by the Evening Standard in two parts on 22 and 23 April 1970, McCartney said: "The album was finished a year ago, but a few months ago American record producer Phil Spector was called in by Lennon to tidy up some of the tracks. But a few weeks ago, I was sent a re-mixed version of my song 'The Long and Winding Road' with harps, horns, an orchestra, and a women's choir added. No one had asked me what I thought. I couldn't believe it."[16][7] The Beatles' usual producer, George Martin, agreed, calling the remixes "so uncharacteristic" of the Beatles.[17] "It was an insult to Paul," engineer Geoff Emerick recalled. "It was his record. And someone takes it out of the can and starts to overdub things without his permission."[18
>Spector claimed the overdubs were necessary due to the poor quality of the recording, particularly Lennon's bass playing, but whilst the poor quality of the bass playing has been noted by other sources (in his book Revolution in the Head, a track-by-track analysis of the Beatles' records, Ian MacDonald described it as "atrocious" to the point of sabotage[8]), its basis as the full-scale re-working of the track by Spector has been questioned: McCartney has argued that Spector could have merely edited out the relevant mistakes and rerecorded them, a technique used elsewhere on the album, and specifically, it would have been a simple matter of having McCartney overdub a more appropriate bass part to replace the Lennon bassline that was judged to be inadequate, or even using the more polished version initially rejected by Glyn Johns.
>Ringo Starr was impressed with the Naked version of the song: "There's nothing wrong with Phil's strings, this is just a different attitude to listening. But it's been 30-odd years since I've heard it without all that and it just blew me away."[
>>
File: 1451383121260.jpg (688 KB, 1280x1707) Image search: [Google]
1451383121260.jpg
688 KB, 1280x1707
>>63378502
>>
>>63378577
lol what is this?
>>
>>63378946
absolute madman
>>
If it came out between Help and Rubber Soul everyone would love it
>>
>>63379017
The Peter Serafinowicz Show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xd8fOouKiLc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cW1ou7SH3is
>>
>>63379072
God damn this is funny, thanks for this.
>>
>>63379155
I watch the Goldfinger video every two days, fucking funny indeed
>>
I really like the noisy sound of it but I see why people would prefer the Naked version.
>>
My favorite Beatles album. Always was, always will be. I find it coherent, very straight forward, only one filler.
One great farewell album.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.