[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT - post an album / artist you still have not listened to,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
File: download (4).jpg (7 KB, 225x224) Image search: [Google]
download (4).jpg
7 KB, 225x224
ITT - post an album / artist you still have not listened to, tell others why they need to listen to that album RIGHT NOW
>>
>>63376472
probably for the best
>>
>>63376472
It's incredible but expect 2-3 listens before you get it unless you have a lot of experience with free jazz and blues rock.
>>
>>63376472
It's the first music meme. That is the album that started it all. /mu/ would probably not even exist without it.
>>
>>63376472
you're living on it
>>
>>63376472
It's one of the most innovative, jaw-droppingly bonkers records of all-time. This is what happens when a brilliant artist is given free rein to do what they please and are allowed to pursue a vision to its end course. It's funny, joyous, dark, bizarre, threatening, and without a doubt one of the most gripping, visceral albums you will ever listen to. No one can simply forget what it sounds like.
>>
File: a3471928093_10.jpg (58 KB, 715x704) Image search: [Google]
a3471928093_10.jpg
58 KB, 715x704
>>63376472
Because it's a gripping album of sheer insanity, and regardless of your opinion, you will nvr forget it.

Tell me why 4cham
>>
>>63376708
just pass that album and go listen to Bee Thousand instead
>>
File: vespertine_by_heitha-d85lg1u.jpg (284 KB, 664x1000) Image search: [Google]
vespertine_by_heitha-d85lg1u.jpg
284 KB, 664x1000
Never listend to vespertine, listened to homogenic and her new one and post, but never bothered to check out vespertine. tell me why i should 4ching
>>
>>63376523
A little unrelated but can you recommend me some free jazz
>>
>>63376708
This album is incredibly honest and has really, really good lyricism. if you like lo-fi music you are likely to love this
>>
>>63376930
The atmosphere of this album is incredibly beautiful and gripping. the theme of the album is sexuality, but it talks about it in a deep and intimate way that is extremely rare to find.
>>
>>63377301
literally go wit free jazz by ornette coleman
>>
File: 1.jpg (317 KB, 1584x962) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
317 KB, 1584x962
>>63376472
I'm lazy when it comes to listening to something new, so convince me to finish up I guess, or which ones I should do next.
>>
>>63377301
Cecil Taylor
Ornette Coleman
Sun Ra

>>63377474
Spiderland and Lift Your Skinny Fists are really the only essential ones you have left. Although Loveless is one you should listen to, it's overhyped and a pretty subpar album
>>
>>63377474
Godspeed! You Black Emperor while slowly becoming a home on this board, is an utter classic. Animal Collective is alright.
>>
>>63377513
>>63377538
I'll definitely check out Skinny Fist, and then probably Spiderland
>>
>>63377474
this image is a joke, right?
>>
>>63377474
Lift Your Skinny Fists Like Antennas To Heaven is one of the single most emotionally wretching, beautiful and divine-sounding albums ever created. please, listen to it when you are alone and pay attention to it.

Spirit They're Gone is a really, really incredible album and it has the best AnCo song probably (Alvin Row). the album uses elements on noise in a beautiful way

Spiderland is a really good album musically,and the lyricism is phenomenal, and the vocal performance is quiet powerful despite being very quiet.

Loveless creates a unique, fuzzy soundscape, that sounds quiet like how the album cover looks like. it's quiet beautiful. it's one of the most celebrated shoegaze albums of all time and you should listen to it.

Burial is pretty overrated but it's still a pretty good album. if you want modern electronic music that is pretty good and accessible, listen to it.
>>
File: R-79063-1182237836.jpeg.jpg (114 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
R-79063-1182237836.jpeg.jpg
114 KB, 600x600
>>
>>63377672
Thanks for the input, definitely checking out Skinny Fist and I'll check out the rest so I can finish up
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.