[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WHAT YEAR IS IT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
File: that_muse_album.jpg (443 KB, 1406x1406) Image search: [Google]
that_muse_album.jpg
443 KB, 1406x1406
i've been 100% off the grid in 2016 so far and just got access to internet again a couple days ago, what have i missed? i've only listened to the kendrick release and a couple bandcamp guys i follow. open to all suggestions

pic unrelated
>>
File: Oh, No! It's Devo.png (634 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Oh, No! It's Devo.png
634 KB, 600x600
>>
bowie died
that's all
>>
music died years ago, don't worry :v)
>>
>>63362246
yeah i heard about that, haven't gotten around to blackstar, worth it?
>>
>>63362263
i only listened to half of it, but it's good apparently
>>
>>63362263
black star is very good you will be pleased there are many 10/10 moments, evolving song structures, not only does it require repeat listens, you will be compelled to repeat listens. he went out with a bang.

>by the time i got to new york!
>>
>>63362263
Pretty good Blackstar is currently one of my favorite songs.
>>
>>63362206
>Grimes is very popular among virgin, ugly beta fags who create threads about her non-stop
>Bowie's Blackstar is AOTY
>theneedledrop didn't like TMR and everyone is going mad about it
>Kanye's new album sucked, as so did Animal Collective's
>Matmos released a really good album
>>
>>63363113
also, two microgenres appeared and faded quickly: Deep Internet and Post-nightcore
>>
>>63362225
correct answer
>>
>>63363113
>TMR
to mimp a rutterfly?
>>
>>63363113
KANYE WEST $53 MILLION IN DEBT
>>
>>63363113
heard grimes before going off the grid, liked 2 or 3 songs but it didn't do much for me. I'm trying AnCo but I'm prepared for disappointment. I don't wanna deal with Kanye. I'll check Matmos, not too familiar with them
>>
>>63363113
TMR?
>>
>>63365233
Trout mask replica
>>
File: tlop.jpg (78 KB, 650x650) Image search: [Google]
tlop.jpg
78 KB, 650x650
Kanye once again changed the game. You're very lucky, you can listen to this one blind. Buckle up.
>>
>>63362206
Denzel Curry has released his best album yet. It's called Imperial.
>>
>>63362263
It really is a fantastic album, he went out on a total high note and it's really quite beautiful and moving when you think of the whole situation. The album is very much connected to his death. For me, personally, it's actually cracked my top 5 albums from him.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewZZNeYDiLo
>>
>>63363579
No please do listen to Kanye West's new album

It has memeable and vulgar lines but it is truly the first post-internet rap album, as evidenced by the track listing and repeated edits of songs even after its "official" release
>>
>>63363113
>Grimes is very popular among virgin, ugly betas
she is also universally hated by autistics who lack social contact and hate all women who express themselves in a way that triggers their faux-conservative values.
>>
So besides Bowie's final goodbye and Kanye's meme, anything [current year] worth listening to?
>>
>>63365545
idk man just watch no jumper
>>
>>63365432

Fuck up, Lil B did it all first. Kanye is just another artist getting credit for what Lil B did already.
>>
File: 1430590818131.png (250 KB, 523x372) Image search: [Google]
1430590818131.png
250 KB, 523x372
>>63365432
>listen to this bad music
>it's bad on purpose
>>
>>63365638
The only thing about TLoP that is similar to Lil B is the fact that it didn't have a normal release process, big woop
>>
>>63365670
you forgot to mention one other important feature that combines the two together, they're both utter shit.
>>
>>63365670

Keep dickriding mediocre artists :^)
>>
>>63365693
It is impossible to genuinely like Lil B while disliking Kanye West, they are both antiheroes
>>
>>63365432
"Post-internet" doesn't mean anything. It's a pretentious nonsense term which you use in order to pretend that the shitty music you like is interesting and creative without having to actually discuss what is interesting and creative about it.
>>
i recommend TLOP by Kanye West OP. Only album to make me go, "This is fucking 2016!"
>>
>>63363113
Link to the needle drop vid?
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.