[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
POSEURCORE
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4
File: 1457981887346.jpg (891 KB, 1597x1430) Image search: [Google]
1457981887346.jpg
891 KB, 1597x1430
Thoughts on this Poseurcore chart? Anything you'd add? Anything you'd remove?

>But anon what is Poseurcore?

- people who listen to music they think is "deep and esoteric". Their favorite artists are Merzbow, Gerogerigegege, Coil, Moondog, and Throbbing Gristle. They get most of their music from the upper level of RYM, but not the top so that they can retain hipsterdom. These drones usually post in /daily/, /RYM/, /noise/ and chart threads.
>>
fuck off
>>
>text version of the POSEURCORE essentials
>disregard anyone namedropping these artists

Merzbow, Boredoms, Gerogerigegege, Coil, Throbbing Gristle, Whitehouse, Nurse with Wound, Einstürzende Neubauten, Death in June, Current 93, La Monte Young, Moondog, Lou Harrison, Henry Cowell, Luigi Russolo, Popol Vuh, Vangelis, Jean Jacques Perrey, Les Rallizes Dénudés, Rainbow Caroliner, Taj Mahal Travellers, Fushitsusha, Peter Brötzmann, John Cage, Scott Walker, Unwound, Frank Zappa, Morton Feldman, Captain Beefheart, Pharoah Sanders, Albert Ayler, Ornette Coleman, Alice Coltrane, Arnold Schoenberg, Pierre Boulez, György Ligeti, Karlheinz Stockhausen, Thinking Fellers Union Local 282. Raymond Scott, Delia Derbyshire, Daphne Oram, Terry Riley, Peter Sotos, Boyd Rice, Henry Flynt, Kazumoto Endo, David Tudor, Half Japanese,Secret Chiefs 3, Keiji Haino, Ramleh, Otomo Yoshihide, John Zorn, Joe Meek, Faxed Head, Harry Partch, Wesley Willis, Fred Frith, The Residents, Sun Ra, Sun City Girls, Hans Krusi, Royal Trux, Jandek, Loren Mazzacane Connors, The Dead C, Comus, Cromagnon, Eliane Radigue. The Red Krayola, Opus Avantra, Pan.Thy.Monium., Murmuüre, Gong, cLOUDDEAD
>>
the paradigm of arbitrary
>>
>>63353177
I haven't heard of half that shit. How can obscure music be poseur?
>>
http://rateyourmusic.com/~AntiWarhol

Anything this guy likes.
>>
My favorite thing about posers is when they get all pissy and indignant and try to suggest that the people mocking them are all Top 40-loving plebs who just envy their free spirits and expertise at really digging for the obscure shit, seemingly with no understanding that arguably the biggest reason they are getting mocked is because of how entry-level and uninformed their alleged tastes are and how desperately dependent they are on spoonfeeding, droning and being told what is and isn't okay to like by their chosen circlejerking hiveminds(those hiveminds most often being /daily/ and /RYM/).
>>
and what exactly is wrong with that?
they are in the upper level of rym for a reason, you know
i mean you're the poseur here really
>lol you guys are such plebs haha
>>
>>63353259
Everyone go home, the insight and wisdom of Aja has just been bestowed upon you
>>
>>63353323
He is simply God, and if you are not one of his disciples, you are an inferior being.
>>
Everyone who posts about "Poseurcore" is a contrarian's-contrarian and should fucking kill himself. Desudesu.
>>
>>63353205
Damn, I just realized that there is a glaring omission of FISHMANS from this list despite them being one of the most notorious poser magnets of recent times.

THIS IS THE LATEST, MOST UP-TO-DATE POSEURCORE LIST

>Merzbow, Boredoms, Gerogerigegege, Coil, Throbbing Gristle, Whitehouse, Nurse with Wound, Einstürzende Neubauten, Death in June, Current 93, La Monte Young, Moondog, Lou Harrison, Henry Cowell, Luigi Russolo, Popol Vuh, Fishmans, Jean Jacques Perrey, Les Rallizes Dénudés, Rainbow Caroliner, Taj Mahal Travellers, Fushitsusha, Peter Brötzmann, John Cage, Scott Walker, Unwound, Frank Zappa, Morton Feldman, Captain Beefheart, Pharoah Sanders, Albert Ayler, Ornette Coleman, Alice Coltrane, Arnold Schoenberg, Pierre Boulez, György Ligeti, Karlheinz Stockhausen, Thinking Fellers Union Local 282. Raymond Scott, Delia Derbyshire, Daphne Oram, Terry Riley, Peter Sotos, Boyd Rice, Henry Flynt, Kazumoto Endo, David Tudor, Half Japanese,Secret Chiefs 3, Keiji Haino, Ramleh, Otomo Yoshihide, John Zorn, Joe Meek, Faxed Head, Harry Partch, Wesley Willis, Fred Frith, The Residents, Sun Ra, Sun City Girls, Hans Krusi, Royal Trux, Jandek, Loren Mazzacane Connors, The Dead C, Comus, Cromagnon, Eliane Radigue. The Red Krayola, Opus Avantra, Pan.Thy.Monium., Murmuüre, Gong, cLOUDDEAD
>>
>>63353177
>exuma makes me a poser
Well fuck. It just gets harder and harder to keep posting here
>>
>no solo violin improvisations
thats the ultimate poseur album
>>
>>63353447
basically. This poseurcore thing is really nothing more than image-obsessed people bitching about other image-obsessed people for being image-obsessed.
>>
File: now listen here u little shit.png (185 KB, 272x321) Image search: [Google]
now listen here u little shit.png
185 KB, 272x321
>>63353393
My favorite albums are entry level as shit and I acknowledge that. Now can you fucks be a bit less pretentious and name some non poseur alternatives to the albums on the chart? I personally have never seen another noise album that sounds at all like Hybrid Noisebloom, and I have not heard any sound collage album that was as good as Negativland's latest album.

But honestly I feel like purposefully digging deeper into obscurity is a fruitless pursuit. I have made many poseur friends with the albums I like, and that would be harder if I exclusively listened to the second most popular albums of any given obscure genre.

so in conclusion this meme can fuck off
>>
>>63353496
>name some non poseur alternatives to the albums on the chart

Asking to be spoonfed "what is good" is usually the textbook reply when someone tells them that their choice in music sucks. Though they probably wouldn't know anything or would think it would turn into some meme I guess coming from experience.
>>
i think i am therefore adding my first ever filter.
>>
File: 1454611937918.jpg (403 KB, 1344x1008) Image search: [Google]
1454611937918.jpg
403 KB, 1344x1008
trout mask replica
>>
>>63353496
>name some non poseur alternatives to the albums on the chart

how about you find some yourself, you lazy fuck?
>>
>no, MY taste is more authentic!
>>
>>63353177
>These drones usually post in /daily/, /RYM/, /noise/ and chart threads.
>/noise/

first of all, /noise/ was just dumbfucks posting the same dozen meme albums over and over
nobody in those threads knew what they were talking about but they weren't really posers, they were plebs

second of all, at least from what i can see /noise/ is dead(which is honestly not a bad thing), so there's no point in further dragging them through the mud
>>
>>63353634
stop posting that whore
>>
>>63353685
>>
>>63353663
internet is about sharing. What's wrong in giving a couple of names and the peopel who are interested in checking out those artists, can do it.
Fuckin' hell...people in this day and age are all pissing and shiting on each other. fuckin' capitalism created this shithole
>>
>>63353578
>>63353663
This is the unanimous reply. Absolutely no member of this cult ever feels like throwing anyone a bone.

Further proof that no one actually agrees with this and its just a bait wormhole.
>>
>>63354536
To clarify there are probably some people that don't want their "cool shit" to be spoonfed and treated like a meme.
>>
>HAHA! You poptimists can't tell me anything other than the Top 40 right now!
>I-Industrial other than Coil and Throbbing Gristle? U-u-uhhh.... This Heat, Psychic TV, the list goes on?
>Avant folk other than Comus and Sun City Girls? Exuma, the list goes on...
>Krautrock? Can, Neu, Faust, the list goes on...
>Early experimental? Cage, Stockhausen, Meek, the list goes on...
>Noise other than Merzbow? Gerogerigegege, the list goes on...
>>
Anyone have a mega link for the okkyung lee album? She's a talented cute.
>>
Swap out Duck Stab with Metal Machine Music
>>
>>63353177

Swap out Pulse Demon with Venereology or 1930. Posers have realized through browsing poser general (/noise/) that it isn't well respected anymore.
>>
>>63355039
I imagine a great deal of people that lurk here and heavily digest what they discover couldn't genuinely explain what they like and will stammer when they try to mention In the Aeroplane Over the Sea, Loveless, Spiderland the list goes on... when asked what they listen to in a public situation while acting like they're above those three albums here on /mu/
>>
This guy.
https://rateyourmusic.com/~Entracte7
>>
>The only time we get Thinking Fellers and Joe Meek discussion is when we have designated shitposting threads

;__;
>>
>>63355237
You could probably thank the tripfags for that.
>>
>>63355237
You discuss TFUL282 with me anytime, anon...
>>
>>63355150
venereology is marginally less blatant than pulse demon
hybrid noisebloom, 1930 and flare gun are now the go-to merzbow albums for posers to namedrop
>>
>>63355039
I'll try my best.

>Terrorfakt
>Islaja
>whoops you got me there
>How do you forget harry partch??
>Prurient? Try harder.
>>
itt: plen uprising
>>
File: dead.png (227 KB, 243x238) Image search: [Google]
dead.png
227 KB, 243x238
>no Dead
shit chart
>>
>>63353177
I like about 70% of these albums, whatcha gon' do?
>>
i only got one of those in my top50
not doin too bad right
>>
>Letting a fanbase ruin your appreciation of an album
Why?
>>
>>63358806
because poseurposters are the true poseurs
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.