[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
new Danny Brown album might drop "next week or even today"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 2
File: xxx.jpg (60 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
xxx.jpg
60 KB, 600x600
https://twitter.com/BabyxShad/status/710128803528441857

^^^Danny Brown himself retweeted this

>18 tracks

get fucking hyped

also it's his birthday today
>>
I really hope it's better than Old.
>>
>>63348821

Old was really good though, like an 8-8.5/10.
>>
Please Daniel, the streets need it.
>>
>>63348850
it really wasnt, there were a couple good tracks but such a disapointment after xxx
>>
>>63349047
XXX is one of my favorite albums ever but Old is great too, it's just different. If you don't think the back half of that record isn't chock full of absolute bangers, I don't know what to tell you.
>>
>18 tracks

enjoy your filler
>>
>>63349047

Oh it definitely wasn't as good as XXX but that's obviously because he wanted a more radio-friendly sound on Old, something you could have on at parties, which I'm okay with because he did it really well, he didn't half-ass it like some generic trap artist, it still had great production and plenty of good verses, they just weren't as emotional as XXX.

Believe me I hope this new album is more like XXX but I still wouldn't mind if it was closer to Old, although I might be in the minority with that. XXX is like a top 5 hip-hop album of this decade for me and top 20 overall.
>>
>>63349084
yeh the back half is ok and somewhat redeeming, really like the tune with freddie gibbs where he uses a normal voice outta nowhere, but it just felt a lot more vapid, and gimmicky than xxx. it really didnt age well imo
>>
>>63349133
XXX was 19 tracks and there's literally zero filler.
>>
>>63349183
blunt after blunt is pretty filler-y
>>
>>63350338
>not knowing every word of Blunt After Blunt and scream rapping it to yourself every time you listen to it

You have my sympathy.
>>
>>63350338
there's two songs that came to mind for filler (detroit 187 and bruiser brigade) and blunt after blunt is definitely not one of them
>>
I hope he carries on splitting the songs 50/50 introspective and bangers, although it would be better to have them mixed around in the track listing.

I hate having all the introspective ones at the beginning, and then all the hype ones at the end (or vice versa). I want it to fluctuate.
>>
No rapper can carry 18 songs
>>
>>63351070
as pointed out earlier in the thread, xxx was 19 songs long.

that's not even mentioning all of the other good hip hop albums that are that long or longer
>>
hopefully no more cringey festival bro songs like Dip

if this album isn't good he will fade into irrelevance
>>
>>63350829
People always say that about detroit 187 but it's always been one of my favorites on the album. I actually like the minimal instrumental and the sound of his voice on that one.
>>
>>63350474
KUSH GOT A NIGGA FEELIN AWESOME
>>
>>63349133
>>63351070
you guys ever listened to a rap album before? it's common for them to be 20+ tracks
>>
damn this thread is dead. danny used to be /mu/'s favorite rapper. dude should've realized you can't wait 3 years to release your album in hip hop anymore
>>
>>63351330
in those 3 years all the people who actually listen and enjoy music left /mu/, just look at the catalog
>>
he said a while back that he was going to have a smaller tracklist, guess not
hoping it sounds like that adult swim single last year
>>
>>63351330
>tfw in the three years since his last album I've grown out of Danny's music
Three years is a long time desu, I no longer party and do drugs and feel the need to listen to introspective music afterwards, so his music doesn't really appeal to me any more I guess, might give it a listen just to see what he does though.
>>
>>63351849

>you have to do what the artists' lyrics are about to enjoy them

yeah I can only enjoy death metal when I'm slaughtering virgins too
>>
I remember reading something about it either last year or the year before. He said he had worked with Matmos and the Avalanches and some other people I was excited about but if he's worked with Matmos he's definitely gonna have some interesting songs on there. I feel like Kendrick has made it more okay to release more challenging albums, so I hope Danny didn't hold anything back out of fear of commercial failure or anything like that
>>
>>63352316
I mainly listen to music if it's themes are something I connect to and enjoy, just like I only watch films about things I find interesting, partying and drugs just isn't interesting to me anymore
>>
>>63352485

that's pretty pleb desu
>>
>>63352502
so is pretending I enjoy music in order to impress people on the internet, I'd prefer to be brutally honest.
>>
>>63351759
I loved that single. Clams and Danny killed it.
>>
They said "Danny Brown
boy you a fool, where u get them shoes?"

look nigga don't remember
shop so much every day like December
>>
>>63349047
Old is just different it's got the introspective shit on the beginning and then it's got the ignorant bangers on the back, but honestly there's a lot of self reflection on the second half and the beats are amazing
>>
SENT YOUR BITCH A DICK PIC
NOW SHE NEED GLASSES
>>
>>63350829
detroit 187 is fucking FIRE
bruiser brigade isn't that great but i still love the lyric "If you ain't pulling a nigga dick out and slapping yourself with it
Throwing this bitch in your mouth sucking dick with bubbles
Fucking all night and drinking protein shakes in the morning
Get the fuck outta here!"
>>
EWNESW is most filler song on XXX imo
>>
If it's smelling sweet, I'll lick it for a hour
And even it's sour might lick it in the shower
>>
>>63354578
yeah
fields too imo
>>
>>63350338
That song is straight fire though if anything on that album is filler its nosebleeds bit that's still solid
>>
>>63351136
THIS also I love chip$ verse
>>
>>63355523
>nosebleeds
>filler
what the fuck
>>
I hope so much this album is fire. After the disappointment of the new Flatbush Zombies album I need a therapy
>>
every song on XXX is either GOAT tier or top tier at least
>>
>>63355551
Its pretty much the same as party all the time
>>
>>63355630
Only in the lyrics
>>
>>63355660
And the whole tone of the song, should have made it one song and might have been wrong, EWNESW is pretty filler
>>
>>63355630
every hyped clubb-y song off of anything he's done is essentially the same in the lyrics. Are you gonna tell me those are filler?
>>
>>63355724
No because those two songs are back to back about a girl who parties, does drugs then regrets it. Its literally the same song except one is way shorter
>>
>>63355860
ever considered that nosebleeds is just an expansion upon party all the time?
>>
>>63355951
That's doesn't mean it had to be its own song
>>
>>63350474
This.
>>
>>63355992
so if it was tacked onto the end of party all the time it wouldn't be filler? what the fuck?
>>
>>63356021
No because we're talking about the number of tracks on an album you captain save em ass nigga did you even follow the conversation?
>>
is it just me or does anyone else not rly like Danny's new voice
like how his voice became more sloppy and less crisp in articulation
>>
>>63356088
I took it more as a statement that an album was x amount long and had no filler rather than it had x amount of tracks and had no filler

like yeah, he said 19 tracks specifically, but the implication was that it was impressive that danny made a lot of content and none of it was filler. if all of the tracks were a minute long no one would be saying that it's impressive that there's no filler.

the point wasn't that "wow x amount of tracks and no filler? amazing!" it was "wow x amount of content (as designated by the amount of tracks which are to then be assumed by the reader to be of average length seeing as it wasn't noted otherwise) and no filler? amazing!"

if someone heard a track on an album and was like "wow this is filler" it would be because the track didn't really have much to do with the rest of the album or seemed like the artist didn't care etc
they wouldn't think "wow this is filler" because there's two tracks that are similar and put next to each other

fucking retard
>>
>>63356238
Nice autism, if you actually read the thread I even changed my mind about what I said. Stop taking this shit so seriously
>>
>>63356318
nice job not actually saying anything but "you're autistic" and "you're wrong because you're wrong"
>>
>>63356369
How can anyone be right? Its all opinion based so like I said before keep your autism in check nobody cares what you post
>>
Is The Hybrid worth listening to?
>>
>>63356445
Yes.
>>
>>63356419
right. got it. never try to back up my opinions and have conversations about them when someone has a conflicting opinion. that's what makes ME autistic. great. good to know. no one cares what i post so i shouldn't discuss music on the music website. cool. thanks.
>>
>>63356445

yes
>>
>>63350829
Nah dude bruiser brigade is funny and goes pretty hard
>>
Monopoly is the best track on that album
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.