[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Artists /mu/ probably hates
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
Pic related, although in all honesty he is fantastic.
Yes, he is Pop but:
>Expresive voice
>Creative and personal lyrics
>Amazing live act.
>The musicians in his band are super talented and they all sing.
>Only a Debut album and already very big.

Either way I expect /mu/ to hate him and tell me why I'm wrong and shit. What other artists do you like that /mu/ hates?
>>
>>63346270
who?
>>
>>63346293
Hozier
>>
>>63346319
>Hozier
Hozier, son of a local blues musician,[3] was born in Bray. He attended St. Gerard's School before he began studying music at Trinity College, Dublin, but dropped out midway through his first year to record demos for Universal Music

don't care for some industry plant tbqh
rather listen to sufjan stevens
>>
>>63346319
Only heard his one song way too often so I can't really judge an artist off that but it annoyed me to the point that I don't want to listen to his full album
>>
>>63346341
Sufjan is one of my favorite musicians ever but I still enjoy Hozier.
They're not even similar desu. Sufjan is Singer-songwritter, folk and chamber-pop. Hozier is straight up pop-rock.
/Mu/ still has to learn there is a lot of good things to be found in pop.
>>63346347
Fair enough
>>
>Artists /mu/ hates that I like
>>
>>63346270

With the exception of maybe Cherry Wine, I feel to see how his lyrics are "personal". That's my issue with me. You never get the sense that he felt compelled to write or express any of this material. It's mostly stuff that's appealing to some vague archetype of the singer-songwriter or the Blues singer. For this reason, his album barely felt like an album; it's just sorta a collection of songs without any real palpable sense of musical commune, you know?
>>
>>63346363
no you're projection
he isn't good I still listen to Britney spears in the zone and justin timberlake's justified and lovesounds. I think ed sheeran is decent also
but this guy nah
>>
>>63346794
I guess so. His lyrics are still very clever. He's one of my favorite lyricists for sure. but that's only one of the points i listed tho
>>63346845
):
>>
>>63346403
/mu/ loves this I'm pretty sure. I only found out about her through this place.
>>
>>63347107
She's constantly trashed tho
>>
>>63347114
was man liebt das neckt sich
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.