[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why does /mu/ hate this so much?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 8
File: Arctic_Monkeys_-_AM.png (18 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Arctic_Monkeys_-_AM.png
18 KB, 300x300
>>
i'm gay
>>
A lot hate it because it's a tumblr essential. I hate it but I'm impressed by the fact that the Arctic Monkeys successfully outdid themselves by making an even more safe and watered down album than their last.
What will those cheeky cunts think of next
>>
>>63343193
good introduction to getting into music i think
>>
It's uninspiring brit pop which was a shame because they put out some really great albums before. I mean I'm not expecting them to go back to their roots or anything but this was such a letdown of an album in terms of song writing and production.
>>
Forgettable. Just radio song after radio song, doesn't really fit together as a cohesive album desu.
>>
>>63343193
Actually agree with Anthony on this one, although I would rate it at least a 5
Listen to a song like I Bet You Look Good, then listen to Arabella. They forgot how to rock
>>
>>63343344
but then listen to R U Mine and it's still there I think. As well as the songwriting when you listen to Fireside.
>>
>>63343193
I really like it 2bh
>>
>>63343193
Bland, watery and vanilla indie rock with nothing interesting to say about itself.
>>
It's reason to exist is literally to make money. There's no passion or emotion behind it and it sounds like utter trash to boot
>>
I'd say half of the album is really good (Knee Socks is fucking amazing, but that's to be expected with based Homme) but I swear, every other track on this album is horrid. If you trimmed all of the garbage off, you'd have a really solid EP.
>>
>>63343863
This
>>
My 18 year old friend got a tattoo in her entire back/shoulders of that logo. What do you /mu/?
>>
>>63344013
holy shit I hope you're not friends with her anymore
>>
>>63344013
What do you *think* /mu/?
>>
They mellowed down.
>>
Because, it's overrated, popular in "alternative" teenagers and it is a bad album with a bad music quality. Not complex. Not deep. Not good. Just shit
>>
>>63344021
She's pretty much my best friend. Tbh that she was getting a tattoo was bad enough, it being about a band was worse, and when I found out what band it was then I was out of words.
>>
utter chavcore for people who don't think that they're chavs
>>
1. cuz it be popular, and /mu/ no likey things other people like
2. Alex Turner is a tool and a complete fake. Good songwriter though.
>>
i like it, easily their best album
>>
It's like they tried to be more subtle and moody, but it came off as boring. Now I will admit, I do like the singles of this record, but all the other tracks are snoozers. Humbug is definitely my favorite AM record.
>>
>>63344119
>good songwriter though

"No"
>>
>>63343400
The first two songs are the only decent ones on that album.

Though I believe R U Mine wasn't even meant for that album.
>>
I like it.
>>
>>63344206
nah but he is though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvAEznTlViA
>>
>>63344119
t. Tumblr
>>
>>63344216
Same. R U Mine just feels different from everything else, best song in the album.
>>
:-)
>>
File: disgust.jpg (46 KB, 620x400) Image search: [Google]
disgust.jpg
46 KB, 620x400
>>63345047
>knee socks and stop the world are THAT low
>>
>>63343193
Fucking the strokes rip off that's why
>>
>>63343344
Arabella's the best song on the album famo. Stellar lyrics and laid back psych groove
>>
>>63343193
This is a good album.

Too much guys are just Jealous of Alex Turner on everything, the girls loves him, Artic Monkeys really rocks. Its success.

If you're successful, there will be some haters. Alex Turner is a good songwriter. AM is powerful.
>>
>>63343193
AM is by no means what Arctic Monkeys were at all. In terms of the album it's a well crafted pop-rock album so I guess they can be given props for that,. To top it they need to strip back this look that they have and get back to what they were singing about. They won't but they should. Still though, lot of nostalgia feels with this album; 2013 was good.
>>
Arctic Monkeys is probably my favourite band even though i havent been 16 for 7 years now, it's just comfy simple catchy music and there is nothing wrong with that
>>
>>63343193
It's so generic and uninteresting, it's almost remarkably so. They went from fun punkish rock to The 1975-tier sage shit. The first two songs are pretty good, and then it's terrible from there on.
>>
>>63343193
I like it, don't listen to /mu/, they want you to listen to hipster shit.
>>
>>63343193
I don't. The same people that hate this go to dickride Tame Impala currents.
>>
Haven't listened to all of it but I like Do I Wanna Know. I tried some of the other tracks on it and thought they were pretty boring.
>>
File: 1452606869380.jpg (14 KB, 307x454) Image search: [Google]
1452606869380.jpg
14 KB, 307x454
>>63344074
>She's pretty much my best friend
How's the friendzone treating you?
>>
File: 1452480894521.jpg (64 KB, 899x900) Image search: [Google]
1452480894521.jpg
64 KB, 899x900
>>63345188
Stop the world was one of the best tracks why the fuck did they put it only on the japanese version. I had forgotten about it untill you reminded me
>>
It's ok but so fucking boring
>>
>>63348464
>implying you can't have healthy platonic relationships with girls

inb4 gtfo normie
>>
>>63348840
Implying you're nothoping to fuck her
>>
>>63348867
im not the original guy with the friend with the shit tattoo

you see the way it works with female friends is that, yes of course you want to fuck her. obviously. maybe one day it'll happen who knows. if you have you are able to control your sex drive, everything will be fine. in the meantime, think of her like a person that you want to be friends with. if you're not an autist, there's a lot of advantages to having female friends. they give you good advice about girls. they'll set you up with their girl friends. they offer a different perspective on things than you would normally get.
>>
File: 1454015365639.jpg (87 KB, 326x367) Image search: [Google]
1454015365639.jpg
87 KB, 326x367
>>63349017
>they give you good advice about girls
stopped reading there
>>
this album is boring as fuck. by "maturing" they forgot all the energy they had on their first two albums.
>>
>>63349039
Ok redpiller autist. Enjoy never having meaningful relationships with half the population.
>>
>>63344171
humbug is deffo their best
>>
>>63349093
REEE ALL WOMEN ARE EVIL NORMIE
>>
>>63344216
It wasn't. It was originally released as a stand-alone single months (maybe even a year+) before AM was released. It was re-released after Do I Wanna Know? made them popular.
>>
Replace No 1 Party Anthem and Mad Sounds with actually good songs and it would have been a pretty great album. Still, most of the other songs aren't bad at all.
>>
File: Arctic Monkeys.jpg (2 MB, 3543x2362) Image search: [Google]
Arctic Monkeys.jpg
2 MB, 3543x2362
OFFICIAL ARCTIC MONKEYS ALBUM TIER LIST:
1.Favorite Worst Nightmare
2.Whatever People Say I Am, That`s What I`m Not
3.Humbug
4.AM
5.Suck It and See
>>
>>63348078
knee socks is objetively the best song on AM

>>63351015
i somehow really like suck it and see but can't listen to favourite worst nightmare anymore
>>
I enjoy them, not my favourite band, but I enjoy them.
At least there's still some rock in the mainstream thanks to them.
>>
>>63344029
We don't think, we angrily react
>>
>>63343193
do i wanna know
>>
>>63344206
>>63344257
always easy to spot the guy that doesn't know what hes talking about when they say that Alex Turner isn't a great lyricist and songwriter. One of the greatest of our generation.
>>
>>63343193
I like that song and video. But not most of their staff. Don't hate it, just dont find anything special
>>
>>63344021
Rejecting friends just for a fucking tattoo. And then you ask why you are so lonely and nobody likes you /mu/
>>
>>63349039
>>63348464

His comments has no sense, but dont reject as a friend a girl for friendzoned you, don't forget hot girls use to have hot female friends.
>>
I think it's perceived as very commercial. To parrot a Fantano opinion, even when they try to make a Black Sabbathesque song they do it really safely.
That said, I like it.
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.