[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Most overrated artists
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1
File: fela_kuti-s51.jpe.jpg (186 KB, 999x749) Image search: [Google]
fela_kuti-s51.jpe.jpg
186 KB, 999x749
>makes jazz with congas
>HOLY SHIT GUYS 10/10 10/10 10/10 BLACK JESUS GREATEST MUSICIAN TO EVER LIVE NAMEDROP NAMEDROP NAMEDROP NAMEDROP NAMEDROP NAMEDROP THIS IS REVOLUTION MUSIC HURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR DIURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHjejrngiejnbvipVRNPIurfnpi2uebfpiubwdouyvUYGuyfguyt76876S9C8DIUBKJb

fuck Fela Kuti
>>
>>63343125
You first OP
>>
>>63343125
>Guyfguy

what did OP mean by this?
>>
>>63343142
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNYs80Y48kQ

I think
>>
>>63343153
How did you know that it was code for one of the singers of my favorite post-hardcore band?
You absolute sorcerer
>>
>>63343125
You sir are a massive butthurt faggot with no taste and no future
>>
>>63343153
kek
>>
>>63343125
Good job, OP, you almost managed to trigger me. Almost.
>>
fela kuti's actually a very innovative musician for combining jazz rhythms with african rhythms in a comprehensive way, because before him it was either just jazz with congas or just a latin beat with brass and saxes.

but i agree that most people are just blindly namedropping him without understanding on a rhythmic level what he accomplished

like this guy
>>63343252
by the way he types you can just tell he doesnt know anything about either african music or jazz and likes Kuti because his music sounds "cool"
>>
>>63343532
how do I gain understanding senpai?
>>
Jeffery Mangus and the Memeful Lads
>shit memes
>half-assed tracks
>"hurr durr it's actually bretty gudxddddd"
>>
>>63343757
read about the history of african music, jazz, and the movement that fused the two
>>
>>63343772
prove that track 8 isn't legitimately harsh as fuck
>>
>>63343125
>THIS IS REVOLUTION MUSIC
read his biography, he was literally a revolutionary : that's why army put him in jail several times, harassed him for a decade, raided & burnt his house, killed his mother, etc.

about his music, this anon has already stated the obvious >>63343532
>>
>>63343532
>likes Kuti because his music sounds "cool"
>nooo stop liking things
>>
>>63344107
>doesnt understand the music on a basic level but still takes personal offense when people dismiss it
>everyone is entitled to their own opinion
>>
>>63343532
>african rhythms
>all of Africa makes the same music

You're as dumb as he is.
>>
>>63344147
when on earth did I say that all of Africa makes the "same" music? Are you pretending to be shocked that African music can be generalized by very distinctive cross-rhythms, or are you just totally oblivious to the qualities of the music from the African continent?
>>
where do i start with Mr. Kuti
>>
>>63344321
Zombie, Yellow Fever, Mr. Follow.Follow
>>
>>63344219
You're only proving your ignorance again.

Thats like saying EVERY type of music to come out of the USA can be generalized by very distinctive cross-rhythms.

The music of Tunisia is unbelievably different from that of Democratic Republic of Congo just as memerap is from folk rock.

Stop posting.
>>
>>63344437
>classifying African music by modern day political borders
hahaha had a hearty laugh at that
anyways Tunisia, with most of Northern Africa, is an outlier when it comes to folk musics because of the near-constant occupation from European and Muslim powers, not sure if you knew that. Also I was discussing generalizations based on folk musics and you brought up modern day pop music, not sure how you thought that helped your case.

do you not know what a generalization is?
>>
>>63344437
>Take one step over a border
>Music drastically changes

Literal retard.
>>
>>63344469
>backpedalling like mad

Just fucking admit it you treated the entire continent of Africa like it was all just Nigeria.
>>
>>63344469
>>63344489
do you even know how ignorant you sound? I bet you're both underage.
>>
>>63344505
I'll fucking admit that I treated saharan africa, west africa, and sub-saharan africa like it was all of africa

>he thinks that cross rhythms are isolated to Nigeria of all places
>he thinks modern political borders have any bearing on centuries-old folk musics
>>
>>63344437
>memerap
Youre not ignorant youre complete retard.
>>
>>63344219
>African music can be generalized by very distinctive cross-rhythms
waht is Tishoumaren/tuareg blues
>>
>>63344607
yeah dude and what is Berber music?
>i posted an exception that proves the rule :)
>>
ITT white people who don't know shit about """African music""" (which is not surprising kek)
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.