[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How come this album isn't any good but all the ones surrounding
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
How come this album isn't any good but all the ones surrounding it are really really good?
>>
My friend who's a Bowie superfan insists that album is his best and that anybody who says otherwise hasn't listened to it enough times.
>>
I love the album personally, more than Heroes.
>>
it's like really intentional ungood
>>
>>63341506
i had heard all his singlse through my life but never really went after albums until december. I started listening to him very heavily, causing him to die. i think my list currently goes

1. station to station
2. scary monsters
3. low
4. heroes

etc...but lodger is like..down there.
>>
Some cool ideas, but a bunch of half baked demos imo. I love African Flightnight and DJ. It would have helped contextually had they kept the original album title "planned accidents".
>>
>>63341506
He's right. I mean, Station to Station and Heroes are better but this is one of his masterpieces.
>>
>really really good
a mate of mine always uses this to describe video games he recommends to me but in actuality they're kind of not really really good as they are either obscure indie titles no one outside of /v/ has heard of or just unfinished/free/early access
>>
>>63341487
I honestly think Lodger is better than Low
>>
It's a great album but I think it dips in quality a little towards the end. Repetition and Red Money aren't BAD songs but not really that interesting compared to what Bowie was producing in the late 70s
>>
File: 1457555294514.png (462 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1457555294514.png
462 KB, 600x450
Not to sound like a total meme but I think his Berlin trilogy are his three best albums and this is his second best behind Heroes. Make of that what you will but I find most of the content fascinating.

I also really love Yassassin which I've heard people hate so I dunno.
>>
>>63341487
blame cocaine & Brian Eno
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.