[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it shallow to listen to an album because I like the cover?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: 1457950987931.jpg (23 KB, 429x410) Image search: [Google]
1457950987931.jpg
23 KB, 429x410
Is it shallow to listen to an album because I like the cover?
>>
>>63335888
It's shallow to seek validation on a turkish carpet weaving forum.
>>
File: 1456028332539.png (127 KB, 365x365) Image search: [Google]
1456028332539.png
127 KB, 365x365
Why are you such an anti intellectual?
>>
no, it just means the band did a good job in choosing a cover
>>
Whatever baits you
>>
File: PinkMoon.jpg (76 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
PinkMoon.jpg
76 KB, 600x600
No, I do that sometimes, and often times it really pays off (see pic related) but you could be missing some great stuff.
>>
No, because that's what everyone does regardless of if they admit it or not. It's often times the first interaction you have with an album and will still be associated with your memory of it on some level.
>>
>>63335916
>Why are you such an anti intellectual?
>uses anime reaction pic
>>
that's retarded
and you're retarded for needing this level of validation for something so trivial
>>
File: cover.jpg (279 KB, 1519x1519) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
279 KB, 1519x1519
I discovered one of my all time favourite bands thanks to their album cover. (The Grand Astoria)
>>
>>63335888
No, discovered great bands this way.
>>
If the band is capable of selecting an interesting and artistically valid cover, I think there's a much higher chance of them making interesting music. So I tend to go for better album covers before I really know what the music is like.
>>
>>63336207
>>63335973
These. It's always nice when the band cares to build their own aesthetic or when the cover perfectly sums up their sound. It's a way for you to kinda of know what you're getting into.
>>
Not at all. I often find new music because the cover seems interesting
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.