[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Album of the generation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 4
File: A1gRVIbpyHL._SL1500_.jpg (554 KB, 1478x1500) Image search: [Google]
A1gRVIbpyHL._SL1500_.jpg
554 KB, 1478x1500
Album of the generation
>>
>>63326359
you must be very complacent if you think that's the album of the generation, let alone a good album.
>>
The real album of life
>>
please stop giving this album more credit than it deserves
>>
>>63326427
>>63326469
why do you say that?
>>
it doesn't feel it has the social importance to be an album of a generation, like a sex pistols, nirvana, or dare i say it, Eminem.
>>
Album of the degeneration
>>
>>63326490
because it's watery, flashy trash created by and for people who don't know better and don't want to know better.
>>
>>63326501
>it doesn't feel it has the social importance to be an album of a generation,
are you kidding? this age of technology people are more isolated and lonely than ever... its very relevant
>>63326538
>because its watery
yeah, all the effects sound great, partially why im drawn to tame impala for its overuse of effects pedals and studio trickery

>flashy trash created by and for people who don't know better and don't want to know better.
you're a fucking idiot, good day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7X8N9INbmQ
>>
>>63326564
>age of the internet
>people are more isolated than ever
Are you retarded?

It's true that people today feel more lonely but that has more to do with the pathologization of loneliness and other negative feeling than any actual decrease in communication.
>>
>>63326651
>that has more to do with the pathologization of loneliness
GEE I WONDER WHAT AN ALBUM CALLED LONERISM IS ABOUT
>>
>>63326538
I know better, but I also love this album. someone help.
>>
>>63326684

can you please explain what you mean

like "i know better"

what are you even saying right here? do you know of better bands or something? feel free to share instead of hiding behind empty rhetoric you cant back up
>>
>>63326673
I don't think you can judge the contents of an album by it's title
>>
this band is fucking garbage. see >>63326538
>>
>>63326716
well, when the creator said its about "a guy who is very alone" i think its a safe bet
>>
>>63326564
>tame impala fan calling anyone an idiot

lmao, you're brave
>>
>>63326726
yet, neither of you can articulate why beyond buzzwords

the only reason people dog on tame impala is because they are hugely popular and well received
>>63326741
>idiot shill calling lonerism bad and acting like hes above pop music, especially psychedelic pop music
>tripfag
i will take a shit on your front lawn and make your parents eat it up
>>
>>63326359
I hate this meme
>>
>>63326706
The less I know the better.
>>
>>63326731
Stop being so condescending. You're the one who claimed that technology has made people more isolated than ever. Just because the album is vaguely about loneliness doesn't make it relevant or true and it certainly doesn't make it the album of the generation.
>>
>>63326706
>do you know of better bands or something?
Moby Grape
Electric Prunes
>>
>>63326792
>You're the one who claimed that technology has made people more isolated than ever.
yeah, it has.

>Just because the album is vaguely about lonelines
kevin parker said it was about loneliness you spaz, hes not being vauge at all
>>63326808
HOLY FUCK NEVER HEARD OF THEM ARE THEY NEW???
>>
>>63326758
>yet, neither of you can articulate why beyond buzzwords
The burden of proof is on you to explain why it's a great album
>>
>>63326758
i don't think i'm above pop music at all, "especially" psych pop. how stupid are you?

the rest of your post is nothing more than a demonstration of what happens when you allow /mu/ to drill their favorite defense mechanisms into your head ("because they are popular," terrible reading comprehension, most likely only starting to say "buzzword" after /mu/ decided it's their favorite word, etc.)
>>
>>63326427
"Let alone" comes before the more outrageous claim, tripshit. Learn English.
>>
REMINDER NOT TO RESPOND TO OBVIOUS B8

Just sage and redirect to /r/music
>>>/r/music
>>
>>63326835
this is a typical tripfag posting, you just regurgitate what people post and add your shitty opinions all over it to validify it, its pathetic, as if "look at all these errors i found hmm?"

you are a blight on society
>>
>>>/r/music
>>
>>>/r/music
>>
>>>/r/music
>>
>>63326829
By any measurable criteria, technology has only made people more connected and led to new avenues of communication.
>>
>>63326859
>you just regurgitate what people post

jesus christ this lack of self-awareness

regurgitate what exactly?

>>63326850
shit music regardless
>>
>>63326890
>shit music regardless
it has been universally acclaimed and praised as one of the best albums of the decade. its only shit because you dont get it
>>
>>63326921
why do you take critical analysis into account when you listen to music? we've both established you're an absolute tool already but holy hell way to raise the bar

>you dont get it

lmao typical indie fan at work. there's nothing to get. i'm sorry to say this but you're being had.
>>
>>63326960
its ironic you're calling me a tool when you post with a trip for unjustifiable attention

you are devoid of humanity
>>
>>63326996
>when you post with a trip for unjustifiable attention

non sequitur. i post with a trip to keep track of my posts so i can go back into older threads and have one more resource for music discovery

i have plenty of humanity; you're just a witless p4k teen with zero self-awareness and that's why you think otherwise. your band of worship isn't that great, sorry.
>>
>>63327033
youre such a disgusting piece of shit and the irony is fucking astounding. keep track of your posts? from what we've seen here your opinion is about as useful as a dog turd, trips are just a way for people to recognize how little they have to pay attention to what you say

no, you dont have ANY humanity to speak of, especially if you cant grasp a pop rock album like Lonerism or see how its depressive tone mixed with upbeat optimism is refreshing and relatable
>>
>>63327097
...i hope for your own sake you're just purposely missing my points here. thank you for solidifying my theory of what happens when you allow /mu/ to take hold of your personality, diction and opinion-forming skills.

why are you getting so angry?

>its depressive tone mixed with upbeat optimism is refreshing and relatable

hundreds of albums out there do this sort of thing a million times better. has nothing to do with lacking ability to "grasp," it's just not good music. simple as that.
>>
>>63326673
and I wonder what Ganon's up to
>>
>>63326359
>Album of the generation
please listen to more music, this is such a shitty opinion lmao
>>
>>63326359
how could it be the album of a new generation when it's essentially just regurgitating tropes from 50 years ago?
>>
Innerspeaker was better though
>>
File: Panda Bear Meets the Grim Reaper.png (215 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
Panda Bear Meets the Grim Reaper.png
215 KB, 1500x1500
>>63326359
Wrong, this is.
>>
>>63326359
Cringe
>>
Wrong
>>
>>63327522
2/10 bait made me reply
>>
>>63326359
poor generation...
>>
File: panda bear.gif (726 KB, 500x617) Image search: [Google]
panda bear.gif
726 KB, 500x617
>>63327693
I'm serious, you know. But...
Are you mad?
>>
at least you baited a dumb tripfag for a while, OP

half baked retreads aside what do you guys think is the actual album of the generation?
>>
If this album was not popular it would be the holy grail of /mu/.
>>
>>63327785
that's faulty logic
>>
>>63327723

not mad, just disappointed
>>
>>63327843
(panda still a cute though)
>>
>>63327734
>actually believing their can be an album of the generation anymore.

It's all subjective. In my opinion MPP is a psych pop masterpiece but people have varying opinions.
>>
>>63326359
Ok album, their self titled EP and Innerspeaker are better.
>>
>>63326359
Good album
>>
Definitely not the best in any way, but it is pretty damn good. Fuck the haters.
>>
>>63326359
>album of a generation
>increasingly fractured culture due to interweb

"of a generation" doesn't mean shit any more, fuck off

>>63326564
>>63326651
>>63326673
>>63326731
>>63326716
>>63326792
>>63326829
>>63326885
you're fucking retarded
>people aren't lonely now because they can chat online now and never do anything irl!111

irregardless it doesn't make this album any better >8[
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.